What's new

Indian Products You can Find in Pakistan?(Just to Know)

KURKURE.

Kurkure-Masala.jpg

MY ONE AND ONLY FAVORITE THING FROM INDIA THATS AVAILABLE IN PAKISTAN.

Interesting thread, the only product on advertizements sometimes in Hongkong (China) which is the one and only one i ever notice is (印度神油) "God oil of India", did they export it to Pakistan too? :D
ID011M02_xl.jpg

<< Lol the only Indian product I use is set-wet hair gel (look at my hair). Other than this, I’ve never seen any made-in-India product.

setwet_hair_gel_big-250x250.jpg

It seems pakistanis go to india to buy stuff than wait for the items to reach pakistan. the people who do this are mostly bride-to-be's

LAHORE, Pakistan–Sana Khan is engrossed in preparing for her wedding, planned for mid-December.

She's made the rounds of most designer shops in Lahore, checked out the city's jewellers and has begun a regimen of soothing facials and body massages, guaranteed to make her glow on the big day.

But Khan, 26, who works as an advertising executive and earns about $650 per month, still has to do the most important part of her bridal shopping – a trip to India.

"I am planning to buy at least 50 per cent of my dowry from Delhi
and Jaipur," she said, giggling with joy at the prospect of a shopping spree in India. "I may even order my bridal there."

Humaira Khawaja, 27, whose brother recently got married in Lahore, has a word of advice for Khan: one trip may not be enough, since she made three trips to India before her brother's wedding.

"All our clothes came from India," said Khawaja, who works with her father at his carpet factory. "All the clothes we gave the bride were Indian, her jewellery came from India and all of our clothes – meaning my sister, nieces, mother – also came from India."

Her reason for preferring merchandise from across the border is simple: "Their workmanship and design elements are so much better than ours. We are nowhere close to them," she said.

At a time when relations between India and Pakistan have once again soured – with both sides blaming each other for recent terrorist attacks – the Bollywood-ization of Pakistan is continuing at full throttle.

"The effect of Indian society on our culture is undeniable and it's constantly increasing," said Amjad Islam Amjad, a cultural commentator based in Lahore.

"We're so much in awe of them that in every aspect of our culture we bow down to them, whether it's imitating their clothes or dances."

While Indian traditions are peacefully taking over Pakistani culture, the two countries have shared a hostile past. Since the split of 1947, when the British raj dismantled its empire, the neighbours have shared a troubled history. For many years they've remained archrivals and have fought two wars – in 1961 and 1975.

This was followed by the bitter Kargil offensive in 1999 in the ongoing dispute over Kashmir.

"The Kargil offensive completely ruptured relationships between Pakistan and India," said Rasool Baksh Raees, a political analyst and professor at the Lahore University of Management Sciences.

"It has taken us years to mend the situation and the wounds are still fresh."

Since 1999, numerous joint initiatives have taken place including bus travel, cricket matches, joint productions in movies and fashion shows of designers from both countries. All these moves led to an acceleration of the Bollywood-ization of Pakistan.

"Their culture is more developed, stronger and more powerful than ours," said Amjad. "Also, they've marketed themselves so well that it's easy for us to believe they are better."

In Pakistani cinemas, Indian films draw huge audiences while the majority of local productions play to empty or half-filled houses. Bollywood celebrities are so popular in Pakistan, event managers prefer booking Indian actors and models to Pakistani celebrities – even if it means paying them 10 times the price of a local entertainer.

At street stalls, vendors market glass bangles by naming them after popular Indian television shows.

Hajra Hayat, a fashion designer, recently became convinced of the Bollywood-ization of Pakistan when she attended a Holi function during a friend's wedding. Holi is an Indian festival where attendees throw coloured powder.

Recently, the Pakistani elite have begun celebrating Holis as part of their wedding extravaganzas.

"We're definitely awestruck by the Indians, more so now than before, which is a testament to the great job their media is doing in marketing their culture," said Hayat.

"I sometimes get brides asking for an outfit to be made in the same colours as the ones that Ashwariya Rai or Kareena Kapoor wore in a certain Indian film. I never get requests from a bride inspired by a Pakistani actress."

Cultural expert and short-story writer Afra Bukhari says Pakistanis are eager to imitate the Indians because they are progressing at a faster rate than us.

"Their economy is doing better than ours, their political situation is more stable than ours and they are held in greater esteem by the rest of the world," said Bukhari. "We believe imitating them would help us do better too."

But event manager Ayesha Meezan says sometimes the urge to imitate goes too far.

"We often get couples eager to get the Devdas look for their weddings (Devdas is a popular Indian film based on an epic tale of love)," she said. "They're not even willing to consider a theme more indigenous to Pakistan."

But Khan has turned a blind eye to politics and tradition.

"Whatever is going on between the two countries won't affect my decision to go to India to shop, and neither should it." :cheers:

link

Once peace takes its foothold and the borders open up, stuff like this will happen more often and every one will be a winner :tup:

Last edited:
I think Pakistan should contact companies in india and acquire technologies and full TOT. Some of the companies like Onida have competitive economical good products.

My......bought indian noodles after cooking we had to throw them in garbage taste & quality was poor.

I think Pakistan should contact companies in india and acquire technologies and full TOT. Some of the companies like Onida have competitive economical good products.

My......bought indian noodles after cooking we had to throw them in garbage taste & quality was poor.

since when did india make noodles?

are u talking about maggi?

Some of the companies like Onida have competitive economical good products.

why not better companies? like TATA, Infy,etc?

DID U KNOW: Mahindra, one of india's biggest multinationals was started by 2 indians and one pakistani? After India gained independence and Pakistan was formed; Malik Ghulam Mohammed moved to Pakistan where he became the nation's first finance minister?

Imagine all the money he lost :lol:

Actually such cosmetics are abundantly available in well reputed shopping malls like Cash & Carry, Metro etc & no they are not illegal as these cosmetics cost more money than ordinary cosmetics, for instance, Indian Fair & lovely is more expensive than the Pakistani made because of additional sales tax.

Thanks for clarification... by the way do u use fair n lovely?:rofl:
Also i doubt all of them are legal... for example u cant get indian meds etc.

Indian bridal dresses especially Sari's are famous across the world & i hardly doubt if they are of inferior quality in any sense.

Do u think saris are not made in Pakistan??
By the way the ones u might be talking abt are smuggled
Can Illegal Trade Between Pakistan and India be Eliminated?

Indian Jewelry is very much available in Pakistan e.g Indian jewelry brand D'dmas has its official outlets in Lahore & Karachi.
D damas is an international brand! just like levis straus..but most of the so called jewelry ur talking abt is made in Pakistan.....

As for Cell Phones i mentioned "maybe" as i have seen Micromax cell phones in the market & i believe that is an Indian brand but i am not certain if they are imported on regular basis.

Probably a used one... or somebdy frm india sold it in the market... i couldnt find such a mobile anywhere.

And no i dont smoke at all, so please refrain from personal attacks & educate yourself prior to unleashing your hokum.

I asked u if u smoked... sorry if tht offended u:smokin:

Last edited:
back me up, i said Pak should contact those companies that includes those you listed.

Yeah it did not say maggi but said noodles and written was made in india.

apart from some entertainment/movie channels, I'm not sure anything else in any substantial quantity

we are, however, a free market capitalistic country since 1947. I'm an ardent follower of Adam Smith and the Wealth of Nations. Free market economies with fewer barriers to trade are most favourable, except in some domestic industries --especially the ''touchy'' ones like agriculture.

do keep in mind that there is a huge discrepency between formal and informal trade; formal & informal sectors --latter of which is difficult to quantify in terms of volume and worth.

Such cosmetics are usually sold in low class bazars and are Illegal...and low class coz they r imitations.
Cloth!? not really... wont find much of tht (silk in general) coz its also illegally sold.

Jewelry is not indian:hitwall: its indian design ... Cell phones? wat r u smoking dude? no indian mobiles are sold here..

97&#37; of all the jewelry in the world are processed, designed and polished in India..

Last edited:
as far as i know, the only common indian product in karachi is packed "Gutka" likw pan paraj JM city 121 etc :)

Back
Top Bottom