What's new

Indian Products You can Find in Pakistan?(Just to Know)

secularguy

BANNED
Reaction score
Hi,
I've seen some guys talking about Indian Cosmetics,DTH's etc in Pakistan.Just Wanted to Know What All Made in India Products are Reaching Pakistan(Legally or Illegally).(Except for the TV Channels and their everlasting Megaserial's!Lol!)

This is Purely to Understand What is the Trend there.

Hi,
I've seen some guys talking about Indian Cosmetics,DTH's etc in Pakistan.Just Wanted to Know What All Made in India Products are Reaching Pakistan(Legally or Illegally).(Except for the TV Channels and their everlasting Megaserial's!Lol!)

This is Purely to Understand What is the Trend there.

There are few very few if any cosmetics. More like L'Oreal stuff...but i guess because L'Oreal is importing them GoP cannot stop that.....other than that i guess at some times in the past some agricultural produce.

Maybe in the next few months we see wheat and cotton? Because of floods, as winter comes, land for wheat is lesser than before.

Good question though!

hmmm no offense but aside from agriculture i don't think India has anything to offer.

hmmm no offense but aside from agriculture i don't think India has anything to offer.
May be you are right.
Lets see if pakistani nationals reveal something besides it.:pop:

I have heard of Titan watches and Cafe coffee day in pakistan, is it true?

May be you are right.

Some time ago there were few ads of Titan Watches here.So i guess they are available.

Not in a direct way but indirectly Tata Motors has a presence in Pakistan.
Let me explain.The South Korean Vehicle Company Daewoo has a presence in Pakistan.Now Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Ltd. was bought by Tata Motors back in 2004......................

If Im not mistaken....Isnt Basmati rice sold in Pakistan?

I was under the impression that all Basmati is Indian......I might be wrong though....

Several cosmetic products are imported from India e.g Fair & Lovely( & many people say that the Indian one is more effective) Vatika hair creams, Parachute coconut oil, Jewelry especially bangles my mom just bought Indian bangles for Eid, so i know :), indian cloth, & may be some cell phones as well.

Several cosmetic products are imported from India e.g Fair & Lovely( & many people say that the Indian one is more effective) Vatika hair creams, Parachute coconut oil, Jewelry especially bangles my mom just bought Indian bangles for Eid, so i know :), indian cloth, & may be some cell phones as well.

Such cosmetics are usually sold in low class bazars and are Illegal...and low class coz they r imitations.
Cloth!? not really... wont find much of tht (silk in general) coz its also illegally sold.

Jewelry is not indian:hitwall: its indian design ... Cell phones? wat r u smoking dude? no indian mobiles are sold here..

regarding agricultural products...........

Trading firms may supply Indian sugar to Pakistan

India may export 320,000 tonnes of sugar to Pakistan, its first shipment to the neighbouring country in two years as local output is set to jump after higher cane planting and adequate monsoon rains.

Two sources familiar with the deal said on Monday that India may supply the white sugar to trading firms, which are selling the sweetener to Pakistan.

India, the world's top sugar consumer and the biggest producer behind Brazil, is expecting a rebound in local output, which will encourage to export after importing large quantities last year.

Last week Pakistan awarded contracts to import 320,000 tonnes of white sugar from Singapore's Agrocorp International and Dubai's Sucden Middle East.

"These two export deals may have an option of Indian sugar. Supplying Indian sugar will be very attractive for the companies," an official with a Mumbai-based trading firm, told Reuters.

Traders in Karachi also said Indian sugar was likely to be shipped to Pakistan.

"The news on the street is that the sugar - 250,000 tonnes from Agrocorp and 70,000 tonnes from Sucden - will originate from India," said a Karachi-based trader, familiar with the tendering process, who declined to be identified.

India last year imported large quantities of sugar, contributing to a surge in New York raw sugar futures to the highest level in 29 years in February. The country was expected to resume exports only in the new sugar season that starts in October.

Traders said India's export of sugar to Pakistan would be bearish for the market.

"If it is coming from India, then that is opening up a potential new avenue for imports other than from Brazil," said Nick Penney, a sugar futures broker with Sucden Financial Sugar in London.

If the origin of the latest sugar for Pakistan is the silo at the Dubai Al Khaleej refinery, however, this would be market-neutral, dealers said. London October white sugar was up $0.20 at $540.00 per tonne.

Traders say India had last exported about 70,000 tonnes of sugar to Pakistan in the 2007/08 season.

GOOD OUTPUT

Output in the next season is expected to rise to 25.5 million tonnes from 18.8 million in 2009/10 after higher domestic sugar prices in 2009 and early this year encouraged farmers to grow more cane, the Indian Sugar Mills Association said.

Industry official say hopes of good output in the new season from October would encourage mills to sell more.

In February last year, India allowed mills to import duty-free raws on condition that the same consignment would be processed and exported within three years under a provision called the "grain-to-grain" scheme.

Later, India allowed free imports of raw and refined sugar until December 2010 without any export obligation.

"I see export deals taking place under the grain-to-grain scheme," another trader said referring to the permission given to mills in February 2009.

Farm Minister Sharad Pawar has said he may consider slapping an import tax after reviewing the cane area in August.

Traders and industry officials say they believe some Indian mills with an export obligation would like to strike overseas sale deals to ship out whites when demand rises in Asia.

Both Pakistan and Indonesia need to import sugar.

Indian millers also want the government to allow exports of about 750,000 tonnes of imported sugar, which has piled up at a key port due to a shortage of railway wagons.

Source

An older report..but valid enough........

Indian cos make impressive foray in Pakistan

Islamabad, August 12: India Inc is steadily making inroads into Pakistan with as many as 424 Indian companies, manufacturing consumer goods, registering their products with Trademark Registry of the Intellectual Property Organisation in this country.
There had been substantial increase in registration of trademarks by the Indian firms with the opening of formal trade between the two countries in 2003, Dawn daily quoted officials as saying.

Forty-five Indian products were registered with the Trademark in 2003, 92 in 2006 and about 43 in the first six months of 2007.

The registration of Indian products began in Pakistan in 2001 and 42 companies obtained trademark registry.
The highest number of Indian products (46) related to bleaching preparations for laundry use, soaps, perfumery, cosmetics, and hair solutions etc.

As many as 45 Indian products were registered in the class of products falling under pharmaceuticals, veterinary preparations, sanitary preparations for medical purposes, food for babies, material for stopping teeth, dental wax, disinfectants, fungicides and herbicides.

Trademark Registry director Mohammad Mohsin said that the department provided full protection to products made in India or elsewhere without any discrimination against imitations sold in the local market.

He cited a case when an attempt was made to sell imitations of products registered in Pakistan by the Indian business group Tata.

Source

May be you are right.

Well it depends on what type of product you are looking for.

Government of Pakistan does not ban private entrepreneur products from any country, other than maybe Israel.

Titan, Cafe Coffee day are all private companies and their owners probably sell franchise to Pakistan local people to keep their products.

Like McDonalds is owned by Pakistani Lakson group, but they pay some amount to McDonalds of USA.

So i don't see why we can't have Indian products.

If they are better than local ones, why not?

Better have free market to boost quality rather than a restricted one.

Such cosmetics are usually sold in low class bazars and are Illegal...and low class coz they r imitations.
Cloth!? not really... wont find much of tht (silk in general) coz its also illegally sold.

Jewelry is not indian:hitwall: its indian design ... Cell phones? wat r u smoking dude? no indian mobiles are sold here..

Actually such cosmetics are abundantly available in well reputed shopping malls like Cash & Carry, Metro etc & no they are not illegal as these cosmetics cost more money than ordinary cosmetics, for instance, Indian Fair & lovely is more expensive than the Pakistani made because of additional sales tax.
Indian bridal dresses especially Sari's are famous across the world & i hardly doubt if they are of inferior quality in any sense.
Indian Jewelry is very much available in Pakistan e.g Indian jewelry brand D'dmas has its official outlets in Lahore & Karachi.
As for Cell Phones i mentioned "maybe" as i have seen Micromax cell phones in the market & i believe that is an Indian brand but i am not certain if they are imported on regular basis. And no i dont smoke at all, so please refrain from personal attacks & educate yourself prior to unleashing your hokum.

Back
Top Bottom