What's new

Indian-origin soldier says she faced racial slur

How exactly is an individual born to a Trinidadian father and a Filipino mom, who later became American citizens, be classified as a person of Indian origin? Also, her alleged discrimination was focused on her mistaken identity as a Muslim, not Indian. This incident has absolutely nothing to do with India or Indian heritage.

Being a Christian, she should've tried approaching the Army Chaplain's office who could've taken care of the problem.

Nova’s father, Roy Hosein, was born into a Muslim family on the Caribbean island of Trinidad, where his parents had emigrated from India.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...says-she-faced-racial-slur.html#ixzz2SrZ8GyC6

So it could be a name tie to Kenya but not Muslim? Is that possible?

Then we have tension in the white house.

Her father was a Muslim who converted to Christianity for marrying a Christian lady

Americans hate anything brown. After getting their *** whooped repeated by brown people in iraq and afghanistan they are suffering from brown phobia. Americans are the dumbest people i have ever seen.

Nope no Indian Muslim has a Hindu first name...

3rd largest. (after Pakistan)

Ya they do buddy especially in the south even Christians have Hindu names which also shows that they have converted to Islam or Christianity.

Ya they do buddy especially in the south even Christians have Hindu names which also shows that they have converted to Islam or Christianity.

I have a last name which is lineage to the village in Hindustan where my parents came from.
My last name has nothing to do with Islam.

My first name does, however.

Though Ive never seen a anyone with a Hindu first name that was a Muslim...

Osam is another western name sounds like someone you know who. So should a person carrying this name be ridiculed?

Many brown people have complained that their skin color and their names play a role.

I never said that. However, I also firmly support the woman's right to clarify that she isn't a Muslim. Whatever is between Islam and the Western world needs to be sorted out by the two parties. Why must non-Muslims carry any of that burden?

Then we have tension in the white house.

We certainly do. A certain percentage of Americans still believe that Obama is a closet Muslim.

I have a last name which is lineage to the village in Hindustan where my parents came from.
My last name has nothing to do with Islam.

My first name does, however.

Though Ive never seen a anyone with a Hindu first name that was a Muslim...

Its not likely to see a Muslim named after a Hindu god. Wouldn't that be offensive to Islam?

Her name in Hosen and she is not a muslim or a terrorist.

Karan johar... are you listening?

I never said that. However, I also firmly support the woman's right to clarify that she isn't a Muslim. Whatever is between Islam and the Western world needs to be sorted out by the two parties. Why must non-Muslims carry any of that burden?

Thats what I said, tell it to them. The americans are so blinded by hate that they see every brown person as a muslim.

Nova’s father, Roy Hosein, was born into a Muslim family on the Caribbean island of Trinidad, where his parents had emigrated from India.

Her father was a Muslim who converted to Christianity for marrying a Christian lady

I did read the article if that's what you're trying to point out. Could you kindly explain how what you pointed out makes his woman a person of Indian origin?

And who told you the dad converted for the sake of marrying a Christian lady? Keep your presumptions to yourself.

Nope no Indian Muslim has a Hindu first name...
they do especially in south India and gujarat

PS there is no such thing as Hindu name and Muslim name they are Indian name and Perso-Arabic name

Thats what I said, tell it to them. The americans are so blinded by hate that they see every brown person as a muslim.

If America are so blinded, who elected a black guy with Muslim background as its president?

A large percentage of Americans are hispanic. Thus far I have not heard of them being mistaken for muslims.

they do especially in south India and gujarat

PS there is no such thing as Hindu name and Muslim name they are Indian name and Perso-Arabic name

I disagree, there are Muslim names. I believe that there are Hindu names as well.

Back
Top Bottom