What's new

Indian Navy sinking of Pirate 'Mother Ship' was actually a 'Thai Trawler'

any links?

As per the owner even he agreed that such mistakes can happen(if it indeed), but why didnt tabar hang around?

It is basic rules of sea. WW II many times after sinking a ship even the Subs would surface and give the survivors a life raft and food.

The IN did not do it. Their lies would not have been exposed if that poor cambodian had not survived for 6 days.

Regards

ha ha flint lock you are so clueless.

The IN could see men running with RPGs on the deck but could not see the markings ?

Do you know that the markings are welded in steel letters and can only be removed by professionals ?

If that clod of a captain had dialled IMB they would have told him which trawler it was. If RN can do it why can't IN. Saving money as sat phone calls are quite costly ?

Regards

I didn't say that, the naval spokesman did, who either himself has spent his fair share of time on the high seas or has got the information from Naval officers who have done the same.

No disrespect to you, but I will take the word of the Indian Navy over yours any day.

It is basic rules of sea. WW II many times after sinking a ship even the Subs would surface and give the survivors a life raft and food.

The IN did not do it.

yes i understand that, thats why I said it was disturbing.

btw can u respond to the other points in the earlier post.

The IN did not do it. Their lies would not have been exposed if that poor cambodian had not survived for 6 days.

Regards

You obviously didn't bother to read the description given by the IN.

The Tabar gave chase to the fleeing speedboats who were in-tow with the ship.

Sirichai Fisheries confirmed the deep sea trawler Ekawatnava 5 had been destroyed and said the crew were tied up when it opened fire.

^That would explain why they didn't find any survivors - the crew was tied up inside the ship which would make it impossible for them to escape the burning vessel and jump into the water.

AFP: Indian navy destroyed Thai fishing boat, not pirate vessel: watchdog

"Based on the surviving Cambodian crew member's account, all of them were tied up except two -- the captain and translator -- during the attack."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gT3xWdZUtrf9_xQB1BP-4Hoa_1Yg

I didn't say that, the naval spokesman did, who either himself has spent his fair share of time on the high seas or has got the information from Naval officers who have done the same.

No disrespect to you, but I will take the word of the Indian Navy over yours any day.

Ha Ha again. Most PR men never go to sea. They are there because their tongue is well oiled.

Regards

The Tabar gave chase to the fleeing speedboats who were in-tow with the ship.

Sirichai Fisheries confirmed the deep sea trawler Ekawatnava 5 had been destroyed and said the crew were tied up when it opened fire.

^That would explain why they didn't find any survivors - the crew was tied up inside the ship which would make it impossible for them to escape the burning vessel and jump into the water.

"Based on the surviving Cambodian crew member's account, all of them were tied up except two -- the captain and translator -- during the attack."

oh ok sorry my appologies. It explains then.

Ha Ha again. Most PR men never go to sea. They are there because their tongue is well oiled.

Regards

"...or has got the information from someone who has spent their time on the sea..."

Do you think that he made up the story with that well-oiled tongue?

You have to either accept that the Navy acted ethically based on the description given in my post, or you have to refuse to accept that version of events.

You have chosen the latter obviously, because you have some problems accepting the most straightforward explanation available and tend to go for more complicated conspiracy and "cover-up" theories.

So where is the Captain and the translator and then how did the Cambodian survive ? After all he is just a crewman and hence was also tied.

Regards

So where is the Captain and the translator and then how did the Cambodian survive ? After all he is just a crewman and hence was also tied.

Regards

Well, then you'll have to blame the survivor for making up his story.

The Indian Navy didn't give that bit of information.

Perhaps he will clarify how he himself escaped in the following days.

Perhaps he was the translator.

You seem too eager to jump to conclusions and in demanding the Indian Captain's head on a plate.

"...or has got the information from someone who has spent their time on the sea..."

Do you think that he made up the story with that well-oiled tongue?

You have to either accept that the Navy acted ethically based on the description given in my post, or you have to refuse to accept that version of events.

You have chosen the latter obviously, because you have some problems accepting the most straightforward explanation available and tend to go for more complicated conspiracy and "cover-up" theories.

If a RN man had given the same story he would have got the same stick from me.

Let me know where your hiding when the Cambodian gives the true story.

Regards

Ps : Why did not Tabar check with IMB both you and IN carefully avoid that answer ?

AN now it looks like clutching onto straws. The question asked cant be answered obviously by Flintlock or anyone else in this forum.

One can make a guess that probably they both got blown up and maybe the cambodian was not tied probably. can you make a better guess?

Dont forget the statement was made by Sirichai Fisheries after talking to the Combodian

If a RN man had given the same story he would have got the same stick from me.

Let me know where your hiding when the Cambodian gives the true story.

Regards

Ps : Why did not Tabar check with IMB both you and IN carefully avoid that answer ?

We will see what the Cambodian has to say, and then YOU let me know where you're hiding.

Choong said that photographs of the Thai vessel had been sent out to the coalition naval forces and other agencies when it was hijacked as "the fishing boat was actually an ideal mother vessel for the pirates."

"The Indian navy may have not received this information as they are not part of the coalition forces and we have no direct link with them," he said.

AN now it looks like clutching onto straws. The question asked cant be answered obviously by Flintlock or anyone else in this forum.

One can make a guess that probably they both got blown up and maybe the cambodian was not tied probably. can you make a better guess?

Dont forget the statement was made by Sirichai Fisheries after talking to the Combodian

See Zombie and Flintlock,

I can't blame you guys for being so naive. You patriotism overshadows ur knowledge of the sea.

If the Capt. and the interpretor was on the bridge than the naval ship would have easily contacted the trawler on channel 16 ?

Somali illiterate pirates could speak good English enough to threaten the IN navy ? We will blow up your ship they said ? ha ha

Please note all neutral articles state that the Pirates never mis behave with the hostages and hence they would have allowed the Captain to speak to tabar.

You still have not told me why the IN did not contact the IMB on the Satcomm ?

Regards

We will see what the Cambodian has to say, and then YOU let me know where you're hiding.

Choong said that photographs of the Thai vessel had been sent out to the coalition naval forces and other agencies when it was hijacked as "the fishing boat was actually an ideal mother vessel for the pirates."

"The Indian navy may have not received this information as they are not part of the coalition forces and we have no direct link with them," he said.

so who's fault is it ? INDIAN NAVY OFFCOURSE.

Regards

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom