What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Thats not slithering.It was a method of fast extraction after slithering.Para were carrying VZ in the most recent documentary about Dhruvs...how can I say that?It's coz of their helmet and eyewear..regulars don't get to wear eyewear to create a "discipline".

Airborne troops are specially trained in Agra and Ghataks are not sent there.Ghataks are sent to Commando School..I would like to see which officer of the IA said this.Lastly airborne troops wear wings..never have I seen a Ghatak wear wings.

AFAIK some regiments already use new helmets and eyeprotection.

Mechanized infantry
IMG_6170.JPG

Bihar regiment (note the soldier holding an AK in the backround)

715.jpg

^^ The guy in the background looks like a Frenchie.

AFAIK some regiments already use new helmets and eyeprotection.

Mechanized infantry
IMG_6170.JPG

Bihar regiment (note the soldier holding an AK in the backround)

715.jpg

Surely but in high profile exercises.

By the way I was talking about the Oakley type sun shades not this.

And in the IA only Para are airborne and they wear maroon beret...Ghataks are not airborne and they don't wear maroon beret.Ghataks get selected in turns and are sent to Commando school.They are shock troops and not a special force...it's not an exclusive group.

9a99b76c-b04e-4729-9e7c-499518c8db9f.jpg

How would one differentiate between Ghataks & ordinary infantry ?

9a99b76c-b04e-4729-9e7c-499518c8db9f.jpg

How would one differentiate between Ghataks & ordinary infantry ?

Ghataks are not a special force or a special unit but a special bunch of the most skilled and most fit troops from a unit.They are regular infantrymen who are given commando training.They are not airborne or underwater divers etc.Their purpose is to give the infantry battalion edge in a war and relieve some stress on the SF.

Since they are infantrymen from the same unit hence no special badges and kits maybe the kits are gonna change now.We will have to wait and watch.

And most importantly the guys keep rotating or switching since they are regularly posted in RR,NSG and training schools etc so others come and fill up te place

Back
Top Bottom