What's new

Indian Media: Common currency for India and Pakistan?

kawaraj

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Over 1,200 items on the negative list regime for trade with India will be withdrawn in December and the time has come for the two countries to think of introducing a common currency to boost trade, ruling Pakistan People's Party leader Jehangir Badr has said.

"Precisely 1,209 items on the negative list of trade with India will be withdrawn by December," Badr said while addressing a Pakistan-India Media Conference at the Lahore Press Club on Friday.
The time has come for Pakistan and India to think of introducing a common currency for countering the pressure of the US dollar, British pound and Euro and to boost bilateral trade, he said.

Around 40 Indian journalists, who are in Pakistan for a three-day visit, attended the conference jointly arranged by the Lahore Press Club, Chandigarh Press Club and the Press Club of India in New Delhi.

Badr, who is part of a parliamentary-level peace dialogue between the two countries, mentioned how the PPP and its governments had been trying to improve relations with India.

Information minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, who also addressed the gathering, said peace between India and Pakistan is very important and both countries were actively engaged at different levels in this regard.

Pak leader moots common currency for India and Pakistan - Hindustan Times

this is disturbing and if true I don't know what he's proposing about.... the bottom line is it benefits India certainly....

come on man. this news was posted and trolled on PDF three days ago.

Thanks. What a fine kettle of fish.

IMHO this is the right section for such an open topic. Trolling in our domestic events section seems an intentional sabotage.

Common currency occurs when the trading bloc comes into being and there's a need to save trading cost and improve efficiency. It's not some political resource someone can pick up to showcase his presence in the arena.

well this will never happen. atleast not in this century. you and me both can see the ground reality.

well this will never happen. atleast not in this century. you and me both can see the ground reality.

not if those leaders have vision and Indian side could stop poisoning our image or I hate you mentality and let the great reconciliation start.

the mistrust which has been built in last 65 years are not gonna end this easy or just by vision of bunch of leaders and about image part I can say same about Pakistan plus helping terrorists in India. India has been never been in destabilizing Pakistan by non-state actors ( thr is no proof of it atleast which can shown to the world). while Pakistani backing in Kashmir and Punjab is known by everyone. Even Pakistani leaders also accept this. And religious extriemism is always thr in Muslims( Indian Muslim too). Many ppl say Hindu extriemism is thr too. But if u see it with open eyes without taking side Muslims are always thr to start first. I am judging days are gonna be worse and worse. I see hope for this madness.

I not wanna make it troll thread. Just healthy debate. No fanboys trolling pls

Not going to happen. There are preconditions before any such move. Mutual trust, sincerity of the parties, friendship, positive political outlook,etc. All of these ingredients - and more, are missing.

Whoese head will feature in the currency note....Jinnah or Gandhi or both.

Well first a common currency is good fa india, it may not be nice for pakistan nepal or BD in the long run !! atleast not now..
If all the economies of S Asia have developed and stabilised, common currency may have a goal .. now it dont have any ...
The EURO currency must have taught leaders all across the world, to think well of common currency before implementing...
Cos of EURO, many countries are facing bankruptcy and Germany alone is the sole reason euro is still standing out there... We still dont have a Germany in S Asia, to help in case of crisis... Time will tell

Whoese head will feature in the currency note....Jinnah or Gandhi or both.

If its a common S Asian currency, no need photos of both leaders.. Some monuments may be enough...

Currency is too fundamental and is tied to sovereignty... East and West Germany combined their currencies successfully, because sovereignty was united.

And against this, Euro is badly failing .... since those nations tried to have common currency, but not merging into a common sovereign.

Hence, the question of common currency between India-Pak-BD does not arise and is bound to fail if attempted without a common sovereignty.

Ditto.. China and HK.. since they are different entities, they did the wise the thing to keep the currencies separate. Else, either of the two things would have happened: flight of foreign capital from HongKong destroying it's economy, or destruction of china's current state controls in everything... neither leading to a pleasant ending.

Back
Top Bottom