What's new

Indian major in possession of top sec files to face CoI:

DESERT FIGHTER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
NEW DELHI: The Army has ordered a court of inquiry (CoI) against the major posted in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, who had stored over 2,000 classified and sensitive documents on his personal computer which was "hacked'' from across the border earlier this year.
Though some files on Major Santanu Dey's computer were accessed by Pakistan's ISI, a joint probe by the Military Intelligence (MI) and National Investigation Agency (NIA) has given the officer himself a clean chit as far as espionage charges against him were concerned.

The Army CoI, however, has been instituted to probe how Major Dey was in the "unauthorised'' possession of so many secret documents, normally handled by much senior officers, and why he violated cyber-security guidelines, which expressly prohibit such files from being stored on a computer with internet connectivity.

Belonging to 21 Bihar Regiment battalion working under the 108 infantry brigade deployed in the tri-Service command in the archipelago, Major Dey was extensively questioned by security and intelligence agencies before he was allowed to rejoin his unit. His computer was also examined by the Hyderabad-based Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL).

The Indian authorities were alerted about the security breach by the US in April after some intercepts showed the picture of a brigadier, on a training course in the US, being dispatched to Pakistan from the computer of a user based in the A&N Islands.

This, of course, is not the first time officers have been found guilty of being negligent in handling classified documents. In recent times, for instance, even a colonel has been court-martialled for negligence in handling documents with crucial operational details about the Tezpur-based 4 Corps, which eventually reached the Pakistan high commission in New Delhi.

China, too, has made cyber-warfare one of its topmost military priorities, with Chinese hackers regularly breaking into sensitive computer networks in India, apart from those of countries like US, UK and Germany.

Incidentally, around a dozen armed forces personnel have been convicted and dismissed from service after they were found guilty of espionage in the last three-four years.
ASIAN DEFENCE: Indian Army Orders Court of Inquiry Against Major Santanu Dey

GOD BLESS ISI!!:pakistan:

:bunny:

Looks like half ur army n diplomats work for ISI:lol:

Maybe u didnt read about 2000 SENSITIVE N TOP SECRET DOCUMENTS HACKED BY ISI

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GOD BLESS ISI:pakistan:

Traitors in our nation get caught.In your nation no one will even find out if RAW has a double agent or not.

Traitors in our nation get caught.In your nation no one will even find out if RAW has a double agent or not.

Dont rant,troll and derail the topic its about an indian n indias problem not ours..

Lol agents of RAW.. its only good at creating proxy wars n getting her arse .....ed
Lets see the agencies who were whooped by GREAT ISI!!

KHAD=Failed
French=Failed
Mossad=Failed
CIA=Failed
KGB=Failed
Raw=Failed.

Nobdy get puck with ISI n got get her or his arse whooped.

Going strong since DECADES.

Dont rant,troll and derail the topic its about an indian n indias problem not ours..

Lol agents of RAW.. its only good at creating proxy wars n getting her arse .....ed

KHAD=Failed
French=Failed
Mossad=Failed
CIA=Failed
KGB=Failed
Raw=Failed.

Lets take a reality check.ISI is going strong and I suppose thats why every second day a bomb explodes in the middle of your cities and I am not even thinking of the rural areas

KHAD=Failed
French=Failed
Mossad=Failed
CIA=Failed
KGB=Failed
Raw=Failed.

u r 2 much positive minded about isi,,,

WE r advance in IT sector because our institute's course and our govt's help......

do u understand wht i am saying???

TROLL ALERT... INDIAN TROLLS DONT DERAIL THE TOPIC FROM SOME INDIAN TRAITOR TO TERRORISM.

ISI definately scores over RAW..........they faced challanges we can not even think of getting into..........But then this figure of 2000 seems little over-exaggerated to me......

I think we need to remain on track :smokin: Maj was no where said and proved to be an agent. He committed a mistake that he kept sensitive material in his PC for which he will be penalized. Please dont disgrace a soldier probably he may have been too ambitious.

I think we need to remain on track :smokin: Maj was no where said and proved to be an agent. He committed a mistake that he kept sensitive material in his PC for which he will be penalized. Please dont disgrace a soldier probably he may have been too ambitious.

i also think so...

Back
Top Bottom