What's new

Indian Listening Station In Oman Monitoring Pakistan's Naval Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistans missiles were named after men who decimated millions of hindus

Considering that pakistans missiles if fired at india will complete the same job

I think they are correctly named

So you guys are not Arabs as claimed by many experts....you are definitely not Indians...So could you specify what?? Becuase genetics say something else...

We are an alien race from battle star galactic. What part of having people with different origin you don't understand. Stop trolling.

And you presume that India has no humint in Pakistan?

Of course, but the keys are typically changed on a regular basis. More often during alert status.

Any mole would have to keep transmitting new keys as they change, increasing their risk of exposure.

It's a listening post not a hacking post.

Unless you can 'hack into' the encrypted stream, you might as well switch stations and listen to jazz.

Of course, but the keys are typically changed on a regular basis. More often during alert status.

Any mole would have to keep transmitting new keys as they change, increasing their risk of exposure.

Unless you can 'hack into' the encrypted stream, you might as well switch stations and listen to jazz.

I dont think voice encryption can work like data encryption though (as in cannot be made as complex). Feel free to prove me wrong if you can find links...

Pakistans missiles were named after men who decimated millions of hindus

Considering that pakistans missiles if fired at india will complete the same job

I think they are correctly named

When asked a question that muslims got pakistan and hindus got india what about others a renowned MUSLIM journalist correctly retorted, your question is incorrect since hindus/muslims/parsis/jews/christians/parsis everyone got India.

And he was proud of his ancestors to not shift to some hell hole ! ;)

so MORAL of the story : Grow up kid ! maybe u can start with changing the flags :lol:

I dont think voice encryption can work like data encryption though (as in cannot be made as complex). Feel free to prove me wrong if you can find links...

Voice is digitized and transmitted as binary data. That's how VoIP works (skype, etc.)

there is something called passive decryption and then there is active decryption which you are talking about.. Make up your mind before people start calling you kid !

I have great regards for people like you who are not insecure.. :tup:

not trolling and a bit offtopic though : you country's missiles are named after foreign/arab/turk/mongolian invaders .. they equally ostracized the people of both now pakistan and now India..

glorifying them is tantamount to appreciating their work which i must say was inhuman to say the least.. combined with the islamic beacon you guys portray yourselves, doesn't paint a true picture of what islam is..

post is totally offtopic and you guys can just plainly abstain from any retort though !

Pakistan is one identity confused nation..this is what I can say..not only missles but even major infrastructures and seaports are also named after looters and pillagers!

The post doesn't need to "hack into" to listen in, they are sitting right there to eavesdrop, it's the decoding if at all if it's encoded and that can be done from any base station.

Voice is digitized and transmitted as binary data. That's how VoIP works (skype, etc.)

you are giving an example of skype as a medium of communication of confidential data ? LOL do you have seriously any idea what is encryption/decryption or just "dhool mein lath" :lol:

We are an alien race from battle star galactic. What part of having people with different origin you don't understand. Stop trolling.

So you guys are not Arabs as claimed by many experts....you are definitely not Indians...So could you specify what?? Becuase genetics say something else...

There is no such thing as Indian...even in India you have got Keralities, Banglories, Hydrabadies, Indories..

Similarly in Pakistan we have got Pushtoons, Balochs, Punjabis, Sindhis, Seraikis, Hazaras, Baltis, etc etc..Pakistan is extremely diverse!

Do you know the computing power needed to decrypt military grade communications?

How secure is AES against brute force attacks?

even with a supercomputer, it would take 1 billion billion years to crack the 128-bit AES key using brute force attack.

Military grade communication typically uses 512-bit encryption.

Who said they will use brute force attacks? That is performed when there is no other option, no way of cracking the code. Cryptography is an entire science now, and hundreds of applied math PHD guys go into that field. That is because decryption of signals involves a lot of methods (and new ones are continuously invented by these highly paid mathematicians), and not just brute forcing, which is their last resort, and the only resort of amateurs. SIGINT is considered a "military occupation speciality" for the same reason - that there is a lot more to it than brute forcing.

The allies cracking the enigma code due to the genius of Alen Turing, and the subsequent deceptions, played a big role in the eventual defeat of the German war machine.

there is something called passive decryption and then there is active decryption which you are talking about.. Make up your mind before people start calling you kid !

I know plenty about decryption. Either you have the key or you don't. Simple as that. Partial keys don't work.

The post doesn't need to "hack into" to listen in, they are sitting right there to eavesdrop, it's the decoding if at all if it's encoded and that can be done from any base station.

Without the key, the communication is just random bits flying by.

you are giving an example of skype as a medium of communication of confidential data ? LOL do you have seriously any idea what is encryption/decryption or just "dhool mein lath" :lol:

Try reading before posting. I am giving skype as an example of transmitting digitized voice, as opposed to analog.

Who said they will use brute force attacks? That is performed when there is no other option, no way of cracking the code. Cryptography is an entire science now, and hundreds of applied math PHD guys go into that field. That is because decryption of signals involves a lot of methods (and new ones are continuously invented by these highly paid mathematicians), and not just brute forcing, which is their last resort, and the only resort of amateurs. SIGINT is considered a "military occupation speciality" for the same reason - that there is a lot more to it than brute forcing.

The allies cracking the enigma code due to the genius of Alen Turing, and the subsequent deceptions, played a big role in the eventual defeat of the German war machine.

WW2 didn't have the computing technology to use long encryption keys on the fly. We do now.

Computers now are fast enough that we can use 512-bit keys and robust algorithms to encrypt/decrypt large amounts of data in real time.

The way to crack a code is to use HUMINT to narrow the set of possible keys into a manageable set and iterate brute force through them. There are potential technologies using quantum computers, but AFAIK they are all in the lab stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom