What's new

Indian Lawyers Beat Up Low Cast Dalit Boy, Treatment of Low Casts in india

http://hrw.org/campaigns/caste/idsn_prepcom1.htm

Ofcourse its a myth. Even the 300 million plus poor are myth. Learn to accept the truth as it is and than work to fix that very problem. I found comments by u and ur friend absolutly sick... Maybe u wat be blind folded but not us or others... Now if want to make comments in regard to his post, y not bring out some refence to bak it up...

I suppose you could've bothered to do a little research before you got all riled up. Read a bit about what priveledges are provided to these people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reservation_in_India

http://hrw.org/campaigns/caste/idsn_prepcom1.htm

Scheduled Caste(Dalits) & Scheduled Tribes(ST) enjoy an unchallenged 27% reservation quota in every educational institute & government job. The newspaper article that Rahman posted mentions only an individual case. But ofcourse you would want to believe that each & every dalit is tied upto the tree & beaten up. You arn't blindfolded but definately want to see what suits your convineance & feeds your belief. So no wonder why you find my comments sick since I mentioned that not all of them face discrimination but a portion of population living in UP/Bihar. But generalization is a human nature & ofcourse one would love to do so with the enemy. If so then ofcourse I should believe that Pakistan is a gun-weilding jehadi society where every human being is fundamentalist.

[YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

But I am not so shortminded enough to generalize.

Last edited by a moderator:
17 years is long time bud... try looking at ur GDP growth in those ten years and than comparing it to ppl living in life of hell. Maybe u really dont know what is going on.

Well, why dont you try posting something contrary. What makes you feel that it hasnt improved the life of people? Do you have any figures with you? If then post it here, let us all see.

Who knows what will be known once you post facts that justify your statements. Show me the figures dude...

2eac44c6efefee1c82a7dce2faf91332.jpg

cf57384dacceb1e7c93980eede4fb7f3.jpg

Well, why dont you try posting something contrary. What makes you feel that it hasnt improved the life of people? Do you have any figures with you? If then post it here, let us all see.

Who knows what will be known once you post facts that justify your statements. Show me the figures dude...

India Without the Slogans
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1624905,00.html

Indian slum population doubles in two decades
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1805596.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian slum population doubles in two decades

Very true, i have read it to and i believe what they say. But the slum population has increased mainly due to migration of rural folk to urban areas in search of oppurtunities. It doesnt have anything to do with an increase in poverty levels.

Quote figures....

Very true, i have read it to and i believe what they say. But the slum population has increased mainly due to migration of rural folk to urban areas in search of oppurtunities. It doesnt have anything to do with an increase in poverty levels.

Quote figures....

That is the statement which can win a prize in Economics Magazine !

Why do people migrate to urban areas, the simple reason is above you have mentioned, better oppertunities, what it means is in rural areas there are not enough oppertunities, and the place where are not enough always have extreme poverty !

If it realy have nothing to do with poverty then these people would have building bunglows and buying luxury apartments rather then staying in slums, why people prefer to stay in slums, drains sides and under bridges then living in rural areas?

If they prefer such life in cities then it is not difficult to imagine what life they have in rural areas!

Why do people migrate to urban areas, the simple reason is above you have mentioned, better oppertunities, what it means is in rural areas there are not enough oppertunities, and the place where are not enough always have extreme poverty !

If it realy have nothing to do with poverty then these people would have building bunglows and buying luxury apartments rather then staying in slums, why people prefer to stay in slums, drains sides and under bridges then living in rural areas?

If they prefer such life in cities then it is not difficult to imagine what life they have in rural areas!

You are not understanding it in the whole context dear. The rate of population growth in rural areas, the access to these cities all have increased.

You are not understanding it in the whole context dear. The rate of population growth in rural areas, the access to these cities all have increased.

What is there to understand? Maybe u can educate us abt the theories.

Now that statement deserves a price on economics magazine.

People always migrate to get better job oppurtunities. People in villages who dont want to work in agriculture or what their fathers profession is, migrate. It does not mean that they dont have anything to do. The problem of rural poverty is certainly there, but that alone is not the reason for migration.

Now that statement deserves a price on economics magazine.

People always migrate to get better job oppurtunities. People in villages who dont want to work in agriculture or what their fathers profession is, migrate. It does not mean that they dont have anything to do. The problem of rural poverty is certainly there, but that alone is not the reason for migration.

But it does not explain the poverty as well as mass discrimination again minorities. SO should we move away from the core topic i dont think so.

on side note: what are the causes of mass movement from villages to cities, can u explain for me if the points given by Mir is not the whole picutre. Than how would u tie that inwith the mass SLUMS in cities which are set to increase.. As claimed by BULL the economic boom will have positive effect on ppl and their living standards. But if the slums are set to increase than how is this rise in living standard expalined. Myabe u can answer it for me. So far 17 years but still poverty level are considerably high as well as 46% of young chilred not getting enough diet.... I assume these are kids of the poor thus that mean there is whole problem. So there are more questions than answers.

This caste business is simply horrendous. Allah will revenge and reward the dalits in the afterlife for their sufferings.

He was beaten up due to a argument not because he was a dailt......get a life rahman, please .

It did mentioned the word Dalit; Dont tell me they had extra ink. ;)

on side note: what are the causes of mass movement from villages to cities, can u explain for me if the points given by Mir is not the whole picutre.

The one obvious reason for mass movement from villages to cities is the economic issue. A nation's economic upliftment starts from its cities & then it spreads inwards. People would invest their money where there is infrastructure to support their business, easy access to the seaports for import & export of goods and proximity to airports. People living in villages are usually associated with Agriculture sector. So, they move to cities inorder to get some job in manufacturing. China witnessed the biggest mass movement in history from villages to cities. But Chinese government ensured that there is no conglomeration of slums by asking the hiring company to provide them with a shelter. Indian government didn't do so.

Than how would u tie that inwith the mass SLUMS in cities which are set to increase.. As claimed by BULL the economic boom will have positive effect on ppl and their living standards.

Simple economics.. high earnings lead to high savings. That saving benefits the family back in the village.

But if the slums are set to increase than how is this rise in living standard expalined. Myabe u can answer it for me.

Sorry!!! But the slums are not set to increase. Everywhere accross the cities in India slums are being demolished. There is already a thread in the economic section.

So far 17 years but still poverty level are considerably high as well as 46% of young chilred not getting enough diet.... I assume these are kids of the poor thus that mean there is whole problem. So there are more questions than answers.

Not everything happens overnight. India started witnessing high economic growth only from 2001 onwards. Another decade of 9-10% growth rate & all these social issues are going to get wiped out.

Back
Top Bottom