What's new

Indian holiday in Balochistan?

Mate, coincidence or not..whatever message was supposed to be delivered it clearly failed.
As long as I don't see Indian flag being raised I'm fine with it.

Well the Aug 15th could clearly be a coincidence with Indian independence. I am in total agreement with you on that. What though is also clear from this is that they see independence differently from what Punjabi pakistanis have chosen for them.
So would you be ok with an Independent Balochistan?

Mate, coincidence or not..whatever message was supposed to be delivered it clearly failed.
As long as I don't see Indian flag being raised I'm fine with it.

Not only u, whole Pakistani media was also fine with it.........
That's y it was never reported and Zaid Hamid was concerned, he was not fine with it?? or, rather he was fumed......

Well the Aug 15th could clearly be a coincidence with Indian independence. I am in total agreement with you on that. What though is also clear from this is that they see independence differently from what Punjabi pakistanis have chosen for them.
So would you be ok with an Independent Balochistan?

No, Balochistan legally joind the Pak dominion after independence and therefor its an integral part of Pakistan.
We'll continue to deal with seperatists and their supportes within or accross the border.

I have heard that on 15th August, 2008, i.e. The Independence Day of India, there was a declared holiday in Balochistan.
Is it true??

Well I was in Quette, the provincial capitol of Balochistan for more than 2 years and (2005/2006) and never heard about any such celebrations….If there were any, probably they were very localised and didn’t merit any mention….

One can find anti-state, anti government sentiments / groups in any country….If any certain small group did decide to celebrate 15 August, definitely it didn’t make any headlines ….But I do remember the 14 August celebrations in Quetta : they were as colourful and rich as in the rest of Pakistan…:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that on 15th August, 2008, i.e. The Independence Day of India, there was a declared holiday in Balochistan.
Is it true??
QUOTE]

Well I was in Quette, the provincial capitol of Balochistan for more than 2 years and (2005/2006) and never heard about any such celebrations….If there were any, probably they were very localised and didn’t merit any mention….

One can find anti-state, anti government sentiments / groups in any country….If any certain small group did decide to celebrate 15 August, definitely it didn’t make any headlines ….But I do remember the 14 August celebrations in Quetta : they were as colourful and rich as in the rest of Pakistan…:pakistan:

Sir, sorry to negate u, but according to the speaker it is in 2008, and it was an OFFICIAL DECLARED HOLIDAY..

Well i remember i saw tribes men waving Pakistani flags in Chaman on 14th August :pakistan:

There would have been if Indian flag was raised or ceremony been held to celebrate India's Independence Day but neither of them happened.

Erm, I think the fact that the GOVERNMENT of Balochistan is celebrating Indian Independence Day should be enough for front-page headlines, public outrage, and possible arrests for treason.

Well dont know why Indians are getting so worried about our province...we control it and law-enforcement agencies are not afraid to get posted their unlike in rebel hit areas of India(rebels control almost half of Indian states!)

No, Balochistan legally joind the Pak dominion after independence and therefor its an integral part of Pakistan.
We'll continue to deal with seperatists and their supportes within or accross the border.

Was there a vote to decide the wishes of the people? Or just the ruler acceeded?Kalat was also apparently forcibly grabbed by the Pakistani army. Did balochistan have a third choice even then? Apparently in different ways many Balochistanis have shown their displeasure since 47-48.

The important question is what do the people of Balochistan want now? Would the pakistani central govt headed mostly by punjabis be ready to have a vote in Balochistan?

As you said above even I think unlikely. But the question is who decides? The people of Balochistan or the central govt mostly controlled by punjabis?

Sir, sorry to negate u, but according to the speaker it is in 2008, and it was an OFFICIAL DECLARED HOLIDAY..

So if the "Official Holiday" was meant to celebrate Indian Independence where is the Indian Flag? :smokin:

Last edited:
Erm, I think the fact that the GOVERNMENT of Balochistan is celebrating Indian Independence Day should be enough for front-page headlines, public outrage, and possible arrests for treason.

Ya thats true....But i think Pakistani media got a bit nationalistic at that time, and thought it would be good for them to not to report the incident, when at a time, there are already so many other problems......

but still i think media's job is to do unbiased work......

Well dont know why Indians are getting so worried about our province...we control it and law-enforcement agencies are not afraid to get posted their unlike in rebel hit areas of India(rebels control almost half of Indian states!)

Just like u worry about Kashmir.
So it's our moral duty.

rubbish...why would the balochis be celebrating indian independence day? has india taken ownership of aug 15th?

So if the "Official Holiday" was meant to celebrate Indian Independence where is the Indian Flag? :smokin:

They might not have been delivered on time.;)

I think Balochis just wanted to give a signal to the pakistani gov. that if u dont address us, this is what we can do....IT ALSO MENTIONS THAT THERE WAS NO HOLIDAY ON 14 AUGUST.....y so???that means no pakistani flags either.....

But did she officially celebrate Indian Independence? Again, what about the flag and speech?? :what:

No wonder it didn't make the headlines...not even the last page.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom