What's new

Indian hegemony in Nepal

I wonder Nepalese are more like Indian or more like Chinese in appearance.
I know in India people with different looking are living in places separately,is it the same in Nepal?

Lool 90% of Nepalese identify themselves as Hindu/Indo-Aryan and 10% Tibetans (Mogoloids) so no Chinese. :)

I'm sorry but your second sentence doesn't make any sense.

Trust me this has nothing to running the country or something like that. The Maoists understood that the people of Nepal have an ancient and inseparable bond of brotherhood with the Indian people. I am an ethnic Nepali and there are countless like me within India. The only problem we have is that the people of India mainly the mainland don't have an idea that there are Nepali speaking people within India. Heck even the current captains of the Indian football team and Indian hockey teams Sunil Chettri and Bharat Chettri are Nepali speaking people. People of Nepal will never go against India no matter what.

Bharat Chettri is the goalie and not kaptan...:D

Trust me this has nothing to running the country or something like that. The Maoists understood that the people of Nepal have an ancient and inseparable bond of brotherhood with the Indian people. I am an ethnic Nepali and there are countless like me within India. The only problem we have is that the people of India mainly the mainland don't have an idea that there are Nepali speaking people within India. Heck even the current captains of the Indian football team and Indian hockey teams Sunil Chettri and Bharat Chettri are Nepali speaking people. People of Nepal will never go against India no matter what.

About nepali speaking people being in India, well they are Indians so why would anybody bother to see them differently? How does it matter to me whether you are nepali or telugu because I am neither and I will probably use hindi or English to talk to you.

Indians never discriminated against nepalis, but there is an anti India sentiment in Nepal, but I am not bothered about that,as long as the border is open both ways, people will be forced to live together.

I like reading blog post of this nepali guy.
Wagle Street Journal | Dinesh Wagle Online… Diary of a Nepali Journalist

Does the author know why Generals of both the Indian Army as well as the Nepali Army are conferred the honorary title of General of the opposite Army, upholding a six decade long tradition between the Indian and Nepali Armies? If no, then he understands jack about the depth of Indo-Nepali relations.

Then how will you explain the Communism in Kerala, WB & Tripura?

The three states are really not in a good shape in terms of demography, mate. Check it out... it looks fine on surface but is pretty grim there.

The main reason I think the Nepali Communists/Maoists tuned down their anti-India rhetoric is that they found that running a country is not as easy as running an insurgency.

It is because they realized that they are just like us and that going against us and following someone totally alien as Reds won't do any good. Pragmatism came in last moment.

Lool 90% of Nepalese identify themselves as Hindu/Indo-Aryan and 10% Tibetans (Mogoloids) so no Chinese. :)

I'm sorry but your second sentence doesn't make any sense.
As if you have not seen any Chinese or Chinese not exists as you minded.
As for my second sentence,I just want to say from the photos taken by the tourists we can see some of the locals are look like Indian and some others are look like Chinese(or Tibetan as you prefered) just in random places of Nepal.

As for my second sentence,I just want to say from the photos taken by the tourists we can see some of the locals are look like Indian and some others are look like Chinese(or Tibetan as you prefered) just in random places of Nepal.

you mean ppl with mongol features?

Chini is always Chini !!! What about china ? Xinjang,Tibet etc anyone .I pity those poor souls .

We all pity the poor souls of the aboriginals of the seven sister states and Southern Tibet.

We all pity the poor souls of the aboriginals of the seven sister states and Southern Tibet.

I think your geography is seriously screwed up dude. I don't really think we belong to Australia...:coffee:

Oriental features are there for a huge section of Asian population. Doesn't mean they're 'chinese'. Trust me, none of our kind is even remotely similar to Chinese in appearance.

That is because ancestrally, we were never two different countries. :). It is rather a short-sighted policy of not being able to create an ASEAN-like Union between us, Nepal, Bhutan and Burma (even though it is in ASEAN already) for further and better economic integration. There are so many waterfalls and rivers cross crossing Nepal. Technically if money is invested, Nepal and Bhutan both will be power-surplus countries with the ability to export electricity to us as well as any regional country nearby (Bangladesh and even Burma) via power connections through our side of India.

The possibilities are endless. Communists must stop being ashamed of their ancient Dharmic culture and return back to it proud and strong. Trying to imitate a self-ashamed European (Marx) and his silly zombie followers will not get them anywhere. And this applies to communists both here and in Nepal.

I think your geography is seriously screwed up dude. I don't really think we belong to Australia...:coffee:

Oriental features are there for a huge section of Asian population. Doesn't mean they're 'chinese'. Trust me, none of our kind is even remotely similar to Chinese in appearance.
I admit everyone are different in appearance,you people do not be recognized as Indian anyway,just regard yourself as Indian as you wish.

I admit everyone are different in appearance,you people do not be recognized as Indian anyway,just regard yourself as Indian as you wish.

Care to explain? Didn't understand what you said there.

That is because ancestrally, we were never two different countries. :). It is rather a short-sighted policy of not being able to create an ASEAN-like Union between us, Nepal, Bhutan and Burma (even though it is in ASEAN already) for further and better economic integration. There are so many waterfalls and rivers cross crossing Nepal. Technically if money is invested, Nepal and Bhutan both will be power-surplus countries with the ability to export electricity to us as well as any regional country nearby (Bangladesh and even Burma) via power connections through our side of India.

The possibilities are endless. Communists must stop being ashamed of their ancient Dharmic culture and return back to it proud and strong. Trying to imitate a self-ashamed European (Marx) and his silly zombie followers will not get them anywhere. And this applies to communists both here and in Nepal.
Well said bro...Nepal and Bhutan have such huge hydel power potential that it can meet a substantial portion of our need..But I am disappointed with India's policy regarding utlilizing this potential for the benefit of both the countries. The locals in Bhutan are more than welcoming for any Indian project. Regarding Nepal although the locals always welcome Indian investment the Maoists may create a problem or two. India will have to treat both these countries on a mature level and try not to use Big Brother attitude so as not to draw the ire of those with fragile egos (read Maoists)

Back
Top Bottom