What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

My dear Friend,

your flag states that you are now in U.S.A People like you enjoy every type of comfort there, but ignoring ground realities.

India took steps to protect Tamil community unfortunately it was lost only by the arrogance exhibited by LTTE.

Prabhakaran was selfish he wants to project himself as a leader of Tamil community in Srilanka,

you talk about discrimination, Even in LTTE there was discrimination between Tamils living in the Northern Part and Tamils in the eastern Part. That is the reason karuna came out of LTTE.

karuna has stated that despite being favorable to the Tamils Prabhakaran rejected the 2002 cease fire accord, you people try to project him as if he was a freedom fighter but unfortunately he remained as a terrorist and he died as a terrorist

:-) I know the sufferings of SL Tamils, I studied with SL Refugees. I would like to remind that I am NOT a supporter of LTTE, Kindly mention where did I supported the LTTE! I am glad to correct myself!

It is you who do not accept that Tamils started all this. You only blame Sinhalese. What Sinhalese really did was to accelerate the decaying of the society.

Tamils started all this without any provocation from SL Government? You are free to believe the way you want!

Give a source to back your claims.

Singala only act.... the name itself explains everything!

It is natural to Brits to discriminate the majority for the ease of their governs. This happened in India too. Are you denying that now?

You mean to say the Muslims held high positions in British India? Care to give some links, I am happy to learn!

Was is it taking up arms the only alternative? Tamils never wanted constructive dialog with Sinhalese. If they had a constructive dialog they should have got most of the things they wanted. Also FYI there were healthy number of Police and Army officers of Tamil ethnicity. The number decline due to the war.

I am NOT a supporter of LTTE... They did ignore many golden opportunities to resolve everything peacefully rather stick to creating a separate nation! They met their fate!

Prabakaran should have killed himself and his family and asked his people to burn his family with petrol like Hitler did!

Now war is over... Let all SL's build a progressive society and let peace & economy flourish!

You mean to say the Muslims held high positions in British India? Care to give some links, I am happy to learn!

No Brits didn't want to give power to Muslims too because AFAIK Muslims were more patriot than contemporary Hindus at that time. Brits chose some one willing to do their bids without raising too much issues.

I think the Punjabi were more willing to do the bindings of Brits than others. That is more evident when after the 1857 mutiny of Sepoy, Brits chose to fill their military vacancies with Punjabi and Gurkha soldiers.

Really feel sad about some Indian members on PDF.

dude, first of all try to reduce Indian poverty level, provide toilet facilities to your people and teach them good disciplines..otherwise after capturing Sri Lanka all the Indian tags "dirty, dusty, extreme poverty, sh*T on roads openly..etc etc" will go over to us . iNcreDible superrr pawarr India yaarr lol

:omghaha: good you realise that Indian Coast Guard would capture SL if it tries anything hilarious.

@Rocky25

1956 Official Language Act

The 1956 Official Language Act making Sinhala the only official language yet allowing reasonable use of Tamil language is often cited as the grounds for the “Ethnic” problem. Yet apart from a few small protests there were no large demonstrations on record to oppose this. Tamils even started to learn Sinhala. We need to remember that English was the language being used however less than 6% of total Tamils in Sri Lanka were actually fluent in English. By 1956 Tamils constituted 50% of the clerical personnel of the railway, postal and customs services, 60% of all doctors, engineers and lawyers, and 40% of other labor forces.

How many would agree that the Eelaam struggle began in 1923 with Sir Ponnambalam Arunachalam which evolved towards the 1931 demand for 50:50 representation when in reality the Tamil representation in terms of population was 70:30. The denial of this eventually led to the formation of Ilankai Tamil Arasu Kachchi in 1949 (Tamil kingdom Party). The ITAK conveniently changed its name to read Federal Party which today is known as Tamil National Alliance.

It was the Prevention of Social Disabilities Act & not the Official Language Act that Tamils opposed!

Part of SWRD Bandaranaike’s plan was to penetrate into the “low caste” votes of Tamils using division amongst Tamils to garner votes. This similar strategy has been & is still used in present day politics. Thus the Social Diasbilities Act No. 21 was passed in parliament in 1957 giving lower castes the right to attend schools & kovils. Its good for the western world to know that it was a Sinhalese who opened the doors for low caste Tamils to attend schools & kovils – places that were taboo to them by their own Tamil brethren. No sooner the Tamil high castes & high classes realized the dangers of mainstream parties courting the low castes they devised their response. It was to create the best division possible. A rift between the Tamils & Sinhalese which would strike better success than low caste-high caste divisions. Who remembers the satyagrahas, the tarring of Sinhala letters on vehicle registration numbers. All launched by the ITAC & Tamil Congress – both high caste/class political parties.

It is important to note that all these happened a year after making Sinhala the official language. Why did the Tamils not cry foul over the Sinhala Only Act in 1956 but oppose the Social Disabilities Act on 1957 with such venom? It is because Tamils wanted to deprive their own. However, the 1956 Act became a ruse which led to the Bandaranaike Chelvanayagam Pact which had nothing about the language issue but referred to devolving regional power which would enable them to continue ruling over low caste Tamils for eternity. In 1971 an amendment was brought to the Prevention of Social Disabilities Act which naturally did not go well with high caste Tamils & led to large scale protests.

Similarly, when the Government introduced university standardization in 1973 those that opposed were those who were against equitable distribution. Students of all ethnicities from Colombo, Jaffna, Kandy, Galle who had been privy to education opposed opportunities that would be enjoyed by students from Batticaloa, Vanni, Nuwara Eliya, Monaragala & other less developed districts. While the composition of the ethnicities did not change entrance, for Tamils it meant not only the Vellalar caste but lower caste Tamils too would gain university entrance. This was why Tamils opposed the 1973 standardization.

LankaWeb – Eelaam Homeland struggle was to hide Tamil Caste difference & unify discontented Tamils

Last edited by a moderator:
Marriot hotel blast was did by Indians... Wow.. Did Pakistan provided Provided proofs? Did Pakistan showed the proofs to any other countries? Did any international countries blamed India for that? You can blame your enemy for ALL your ills... As though the so called freedom fighters are NOT capable of such an attack and they will NOT attack Pakistan at all!

well , look whose talking about proofs ... lol you wont know indian, that Interpol's Cheif within a week of mumbai attacks visited pakistan and held a press conference and Clearly said that "Indian has not provided any proof neither to Interpol nor to Pakistan" but you can believe on your media and say whatever atleast we dont care.
plus the first step to solve a problem is to realise it... which you never did and you wont do in future, you dont want to accept that in the result of hindu state sponsored terror like gujrat riots muslim youth are attacking inside india. you dont believe that Indian muslims is an indian org. but you blame isi for that... and one agree with you, then no offence but you hindus should start worshiping ISI and make it one of your self made gods like tendulkar,rajnikant after all ISI is more powerful than some elephant,monkey and snake ...

:omghaha: good you realise that Indian Coast Guard would capture SL if it tries anything hilarious.

I have to give same answer...;)

dude, first of all try to reduce Indian poverty level, provide toilet facilities to your people and teach them good disciplines..otherwise after capturing Sri Lanka all the Indian tags "dirty, dusty, extreme poverty, sh*T on roads openly..etc etc" will go over to us . iNcreDible superrr pawarr India yaarr lol

well , look whose talking about proofs ... lol you wont know indian, that Interpol's Cheif within a week of mumbai attacks visited pakistan and held a press conference and Clearly said that "Indian has not provided any proof neither to Interpol nor to Pakistan" but you can believe on your media and say whatever atleast we dont care.

THe same Interpol issued red corner notice against Hafiz Sayeed.

Interpol issues red notice against Saeed | Latest news, Breaking news, Pakistan News, World news, business, sport and multimedia | DAWN.COM

India provided dossiers to Pakistan.

India hands 11th dossier to Pakistan – The Express Tribune

Both are Pakistani source... By the same way provide source to prove Pakistan provided proofs to India... else STFU!

plus the first step to solve a problem is to realise it... which you never did and you wont do in future, you dont want to accept that in the result of hindu state sponsored terror like gujrat riots muslim youth are attacking inside india. you dont believe that Indian muslims is an indian org. but you blame isi for that... and one agree with you, then no offence but you hindus should start worshiping ISI and make it one of your self made gods like tendulkar,rajnikant after all ISI is more powerful than some elephant,monkey and snake ...

No offense meant, The proper noun should start with caps.... All you can do is send some terrorists... We can manage them!

I have to give same answer...;)

You attacking back on him is NOT my problem!

But why are you speaking about Toilets like the Pakistani's.... India does not have toilets does that mean SL can invade India and occupy India is couple of days? But the reverse is true!

Let India have poverty and let 99% Indian population be under poverty line, Does it have any advantage/disadvantage to SL or Pakistan? Nope, not at all!

It is NOT your problem and you cannot dictate our priorities.... Let people defecate in open, they consider it luxury! Let people live in poverty, It is their comfort level NOT to work at all!

We don't mind at all... Why do you?

You attacking back on him is NOT my problem!

But why are you speaking about Toilets like the Pakistani's.... India does not have toilets does that mean SL can invade India and occupy India is couple of days? But the reverse is true!

Let India have poverty and let 99% Indian population be under poverty line, Does it have any advantage/disadvantage to SL or Pakistan? Nope, not at all!

It is NOT your problem and you cannot dictate our priorities.... Let people defecate in open, they consider it luxury! Let people live in poverty, It is their comfort level NOT to work at all!

We don't mind at all... Why do you?

Dude, I don't care either Indians sh*t on roof top their homes or trees or rivers or roads...
That funny Indian member wants to "invade" SL lol I just mentioned we don't like to hold those "Indian dirty tags" which comes with "Indian identity".

Dude, I don't care either Indians sh*t on roof top their homes or trees or rivers or roads...
That funny Indian member wants to "invade" SL lol I just mentioned we don't like to hold those "Indian dirty tags" which comes with "Indian identity".

There is lot of difference between 'could' and 'will'.... So relax... Better don't bring toilets and poverty into defence related discussions!

There is lot of difference between 'could' and 'will'.... So relax... Better don't bring toilets and poverty into defence related discussions!

Sometimes some Indians are asking for those words to wake up from dream worlds..!

Sometimes some Indians are asking for those words to wake up from dream worlds..!

No one is in in dream world here... Indian coast guard can manage SL Navy is NOT an over statement at all!

If they tell that the Indian coast guard can take on Pakistani Navy at the present day, then they were in dream world!

Back
Top Bottom