What's new

Indian forces begin century’s biggest war-game in Rajasthan

Abingdonboy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Jodhpur:* Indian defence forces on Sunday began what is*said to be the century’s biggest war-game in Rajasthan’s Thar desert. The event, which has been named Gajraj-2011, will continue for three weeks.

The*war-games will begin with Sukhoi-30s taking-off from Jodhpur airbase and bombarding ‘enemy’ targets in Thar. Fighter aircrafts from Jodhpur, Bikaner and Uttarlai airbases will take part in the exercise.

The South Western Air Command in Gandhinagar will supervise the*war-games in which both Army and Air Force will participate. About 20,000 soldiers of Bhopal-based 21 Sudarshan Chakra corps will play an important role in the event.

Advanced Light Helicopter ‘Rudra’, developed by the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will also be*tested in the war-games. The helicopter, which has features like automatic flight system, is fitted with air-to-air and anti-tank missiles. 114 Rudra helicopters are soon expected to become a part of Indian defence forces.
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/RA...ys-biggest-war-game-in-rajasthan-2579296.html

Most interesting part if this news is the highlighted part- the ALH WSI being involved before it goes into full service. Seems like a very good idea to me, iron out any operational issues before going into active service.

IAF's is showing maturity here.... stonewall all induction pressures of crap products coming from DRDO gutters... and only induct those which can guarantee full proof reliability in a real war...

It's really satisfying that, ALH as a product is showing so much promise. afterall, the entire defence fora has been taken away by the mmrca euphoria and it would have been hard for project directors of ALH to keep funds flowing for them. Lets hope we get an apache equivalent coming out of HAL stables soon.

ps : Inspite of arjun showing so much prmise, why are we still procuring T-90x models ? :O The weight issues are known but going for another FMBT aat this point skipping arjun is not sensible IMO.

I m starting to lose faith in the Indian establishment.

Honestly I m starting to get frustrated.

Just read about the mullaperiyar issue and the irony is that if the dam breaks, the whole economy of kerala will be stalled not to mention, the important assets of the Indian Navy's southern naval command. I just hope the sleeping bastardos get kicked in the arse before things start going haywire.

Most interesting part if this news is the highlighted part- the ALH WSI being involved before it goes into full service. Seems like a very good idea to me, iron out any operational issues before going into active service
No the important thing to note here is Rudra is confused with LCH. 114 LCH were supposed to inducted and around 70 Rudra. Now if the number of Rudra is also increased to 70, then its fine otherwise i think Rudra is confused with LCH in the above article although the chopper to be tested during this trial will be Rudra.

ps : Inspite of arjun showing so much prmise, why are we still procuring T-90x models ? :O The weight issues are known but going for another FMBT aat this point skipping arjun is not sensible IMO.

Because 1000 T 90M was ordered before the comparative trials.And w.r.t the FMBT,now there is a very high chance it will be a version of Arjun instead of an all new mbt.Its evidence is that IA still hasn't submitted a PSQR,,let aione the GSQR.Remember,the f*c*ing Vishal Bharadwaj is no more the DGMF.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

No the important thing to note here is Rudra is confused with LCH. 114 LCH were supposed to inducted and around 70 Rudra. Now if the number of Rudra is also increased to 70, then its fine otherwise i think Rudra is confused with LCH in the above article although the chopper to be tested during this trial will be Rudra.

Not surprising at all.Typical example of pathetic desi defense journos.

There's nothing wrong with the word chini, it's neither derogative nor offensive. It's how you say "Chinese" in Hindi, just as the Chinese use the word "Yindu" to describe Indians

sounds bit racist according to forum rules....

I'd say the platform type was correct but possibly the numbers are confused. The ALH WSI has been in testing for years and is to be inducted by the end of this year so it'd make sense for a platform this close to induction to be tried out in this ex. Whilst the LCH has only recently undergone flight trails with only 2 prototypes to date- both unarmed. I can't see the logic or purpose in testing such a new platform without weapons in such an ex (it is an ATTACK helo after all).

I Think We also need to Conduct Some Excercise on Eastern Border for Better Training of Infantry there given Recent Excercise by PLA In Tibet Region

Better be Prepared for Worst !!

Clearly finally the clarity in thinking has arrived in the Indian security establishment. The simple thing to do in case of a war in North will be to open the Rajasthan sector and then cut Pakistan in to half moving up to Balochistan. Play to the strength and the simple fact will keep all and sundry honest. Then it really does not matter how many exercises does Pakistan conducts with China in the Kashmir that is to be taken back.

All in a defensive agression mode of course :)

Back
Top Bottom