Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
Dear Friends!
AOA,
I am a Pakistani citizen presently residing in China. I wonder if it's safe to travel to India for business meetings. I am interested in exporting to Indian market but a little hesitant to travel there. Can you please advise me about this? How about if a Pakistani citizen wants to set up a compny in India and stay there long term? Thank you very much in advance.
Best Regards

Waalikum u Salaam!

A hell NO -- unless you are a known celebrity or have high profile links with industrailists/businessmen. Otherwise there is no gaurantee that you will come back alive unless you have a western passport like of USA, UK etc.

8-10 months back, a pakistani body came from india who went their to watch pak-india cricker series......and that just after few days when we relased an Indian spy convicted of bomb blasts. Indians payback us by returning a dead body :angry:

Also 4 indian spies were arrested couple of days back in lahore......so indians must be planning to clear the debt by arresting some innocents....as they always do.

I think there is no problem with people besides very few....but its the agencies which play bad.

Are you thinking of making some investements there? then you are on safer side.

Avoid if you can.....otherwise make very well arrangements......May be Allah with you.

Last edited:
Have a nice trip mate.

If you are touring Delhi, don't miss the eateries of Chandni Chowk, around Jama Masjid ( Karims chicken, Sardarjis Rabri Faluda, Old famous Jelebiwalah)

If Mumbai ( dont miss Pav Bhaji, bhel puri and the thelawalas selling kulfi in Bandra beach)

Kolkata ( dont miss the egg rolls and fish curry)

Hyderabad (Dont miss Biryani, Haleem at Paradise restaurant )

Lucknow ( dont miss the delicious kebabs )

Punjab (Makki di roti, sarson da saag)

chennai, bangalore, kerala ( Uttappam, masala dosa, poongal, meduvada)

Mouth watering dishes.
u seems to me food lover.
Any ways these are all delicious food items.

I can see why you ask the Question having a Pakistani Passport.

Without wishing to sound racist i think with a Pakistani passport you are more likely to be harassed in USA or Europe then neighbouring india.

With india now being one of the largest economies in Asia thousands of businessmen travel to india,s major commercial centres daily. I doubt you will have a problem.

But don,t go to USA they will be very suspicous of you

They are always too much suspicious, which is really unfair.

Waalikum u Salaam!

A hell NO -- unless you are a known celebrity or have high profile links with industrailists/businessmen. Otherwise there is no gaurantee that you will come back alive unless you have a western passport like of USA, UK etc.

8-10 months back, a pakistani body came from india who went their to watch pak-india cricker series......and that just after few days when we relased an Indian spy convicted of bomb blasts. Indians payback us by returning a dead body :angry:

Also 4 indian spies were arrested couple of days back in lahore......so indians must be planning to clear the debt by arresting some innocents....as they always do.

I think there is no problem with people besides very few....but its the agencies which play bad.

Are you thinking of making some investements there? then you are on safer side.

Avoid if you can.....otherwise make very well arrangements......May be Allah with you.

You Sir are seriously sick to promote such lies.

Have you ever been to India or you are basing your suggestion on something which happened to a friend of your friend's brother???

India Pakistan Cricket series that happened 10 months back was played on Mars and while you were having your other wet dreams.

Does creating bullshit story come naturally to you or you took some special classes to learn that?

Lol! Take a look at their posts! You will knows who's actually belonging to which country.:azn:

Look, a business person doesnt need to search 'Indian terrorists' on youtube instead go to some world tourism/business forums. You'll probably run into several 3 minute nonsensical references youtube. Before falling into all this propaganda by those who hate India, let it be known that we dont have anything against the people of Pakistan.
I'm sure you'll have the time of your life.

As far as documentation is concerned, it is true India has tightened its visa norms, especially after Mumbai attacks, and the high commission reciprocates jst that. So it will be harder and more tedious to obtain a visa. But if you have the heart to come to India, then time should not be an issue.

My sincere advice would be to visit India and hae only business on your mind. Security shouldnt be a concern unless you start off giving Zaid Hamid style speeches in public(I hope thats not the business you are coming with..:woot:)

In either case, decision is your. Hope you enjoy your stay in India.

Well, do u think terrorists come up with VISA documents?
U can chk the history when ever and where ever terrorists go they never took a legal ways like they dont apply visa etc.
I think making tough visa policies would not be valuable if u put more security policies and agencies would get more alert. Then I hope things would get batter.
At the moment Pakistan is doing like that and arrested number of terrorists.

Last edited:
I can tell you about hyderabad. Sometimes police will ask you to show your licenses etc... if you are on streets late night.(like 1AM) otherwise there wont be problem. if you are travelling to hyd pm me with your questions.

Well, do u think terrorists come up with VISA documents?
U can chk the history when ever and where ever terrorists go they never took a legal ways like they dont apply visa etc.

9/11 forgot that???

You Sir are seriously sick to promote such lies.

Have you ever been to India or you are basing your suggestion on something which happened to a friend of your friend's brother???

India Pakistan Cricket series that happened 10 months back was played on Mars and while you were having your other wet dreams.

Mr you really need to repeat your 10th grade to imrpove your reading skills.

Typical indian ranting.......read again.......I said dead body returned 10 months back....not pak india cricket series :hitwall:

And what did I lie? Have you accustomed to using brain :crazy: you won't be stating above. Google helps....use it

No, I have never been to india But I do read newspapers unlike you to know happenings around the world.

I was in hurry so couldn't specify ref. links. This time read thrice before coming again with rants.......

Cricket series held in 2005 and pakistani crickter fan body returned in March 2008 soon after indian spy was released.

Source 1: thaindian: Dead body of pakistani cricket fan returned to pakistan

Source 2: HIdustan Times: Pakistan seeks explanation of pakisatani cricket fan

Source 3: Gulf Daily: Pakistani cricket fan buried, died in india

Does creating bullshit story come naturally to you or you took some special classes to learn that?

World knows BS is infested into indian genes.

BTW...OP asked for adivce? I have some apprehensions based on news stories. I gave mine whether you like it or not? Whether OP accepts those or not? You have every right to present yours. Ranting is not allowed on this forum. I first thought of reporting your post instead of replying but just turned it down. Sorry for the language but your reply really boiled my blood.

Learn to digest some bitter facts :bounce: as well or better not to respond to make yourself ashamed

Last edited:
Waalikum u Salaam!

Are you thinking of making some investments there? then you are on safer side.

Ohh... come on!!
Firstly you cannot even make out a Pakistani in an Indian crowd. How do you suppose anything can happen? And generally nobody asks for even an id check sometimes.
I do not know about the cases you mentioned. Is it not the probability with which your local security forces grill an innocent fellow?
Dont paint such a devilish picture.

@Javeda: I personally can guarantee your safety in Chennai. This is an Indian. I strongly suggest you should go on with your trip.

:tup:

HMMMM - whats the big deal ????

i think its perfectly safe to visit india - biggest problem you will face will be from visa dept. but sicne you goign for business, it should go smooth.

And - i agree with ruby - SOUTH INDIA is probably safest place - people are too chilled to even think of all this b.s

I think it should go smooth. since one can hardly tell the difference between an indian and pakistani.

it only a problem if there is something fishy goin on.

Ohh... come on!!
Firstly you cannot even make out a Pakistani in an Indian crowd. How do you suppose anything can happen? And generally nobody asks for even an id check sometimes.
I do not know about the cases you mentioned. Is it not the probability with which your local security forces grill an innocent fellow?

I was in hurry so can't paste ref links.....these i posted in my last post n this thread. On the security forces issue, i agreed.

And you know there is no prisoner exchange agreement in both countries, so once you are trapped, govts. can do NOTHING no matter you are innocent or not.

pakistani crickter fan body returned in March 2008

For God's sakes we are not talking about straying fishermen. This is a business man with a visa and valid passport.

I will fight for you if you get caught in that kind of situation. OK? Tell me before you come. Offer valid only for you.:tup:

duhast is right about all of south India. Most peaceful cities here. All people do is work, study and enjoy. Bangalore's summer is the best. Though apparently this year there seem to be rains. Chennai is HOT and traditional. Hyderabad is cosmopolitan like Bangalore, has a lot of places to visit historical and fun.

A business trip, I guess would be to New Delhi, Mumbai or a South Indian city. All these are safe in my opinion. You migh want to watch out for saffrons in Mumbai. You better tell them you are a Pakistani on a trip than say you are a North Indian.:lol:

mr.javeda there are many pakistani guys who come down here at mumbai for business..... in fact many are doing very well here and have invested in mumbai... these guys are mainly involved in diamonds or other customs items..... so id guess you are not creating history....... anyways WELCOME TO INDIA....

I was in hurry so can't paste ref links.....these i posted in my last post n this thread. On the security forces issue, i agreed.

And you know there is no prisoner exchange agreement in both countries, so once you are trapped, govts. can do NOTHING no matter you are innocent or not.

pakistani crickter fan body returned in March 2008

BS!. Pakistan is a signatory to SAARC and ASEAN. And both have laid out enough provisions for extradition . Which frankly your government has never told you about.

And just because a Pakistani died in India, doesnt mean India is unsafe for Paksitanis. The article clearly mentions the cause of his death. Yi\ou can ask your media to do the dirty work of 'confirming' the cause of death, and you will be surprised it wasnt what are presumed to believe.

If you are trapped and you are innocent, then as a gesture of goodwill India will send you back.

Shah Rukh Khan 's Pakistani fan released from Punjab jail

AMRITSAR: Nasir Sultan, a 15-year-old Pakistani boy who was jailed in Punjab after illegally crossing the border to meet Bollywood star Shah Rukh

Khan, will be handed over to Pakistani authorities on Friday as a gesture of goodwill.

"He will be released around 11 a.m. We will hand him over to the Pakistani authorities," Amritsar's Deputy Commissioner of Police K.S. Pannu said.

The police decided to allow Nasir to cross the Attari-Wagah border, about 30 km from here, after the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) gave their clearance in the matter.

Nasir was arrested by the Border Security Force (BSF) in September from an area near the India-Pakistan border.

The boy, an avid fan of Shah Rukh Khan, said that he came from Pakistan in August to meet the superstar and to participate in a TV reality singing contest.

Nasir was lodged at the juvenile jail in Punjab's Faridkot town, about 250 km from Chandigarh. He was booked under the Foreigners Act and the Passport Act for entering India illegally.

Nasir, a Class 10 student, is a resident of Dir in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province (NWFP) that is witnessing intense fighting between the militants and security forces.

He left his house on the morning of Aug 14, saying he would return in the evening but called his parents after about a month to inform them that he was in jail in India.

A petition was filed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court in Chandigarh in November seeking the release of Nasir since he was innocent. Pakistan's human rights activist Ansar Burney had come to India to plead for his release.

BS!. Pakistan is a signatory to SAARC and ASEAN. And both have laid out enough provisions for extradition . Which frankly your government has never told you about.

You first listen to your govt then peek into others. You have not more than iota of idea of what SAARC & ASEAN is and just copy pasted those names here...

No extradition policy exists between pakistan and india

Ever heard about google wonders. here it is:

Q&A session in LOK SABHA on 22/11/2006

Q. 02 Extradition Treaties With SAARC Countries

02 SHRI HITEN BARMAN:

Will the Minister of EXTERNAL AFFAIRS be pleased to state:

(a) whether extradition treaties between India and all the SAARC member countries exist at present?;
b,c,d.........

ANSWER
THE MINISTER OF STATE FOR EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
( SHRI E. AHAMED )

(a)The Government of India has signed Extradition Treaties with two SAARC member countries viz. Nepal and Bhutan. There also exists an Extradition Arrangement short of a treaty with Sri Lanka. India signed an Extradition Treaty with Nepal in 1953, which came into force in 1963. The Extradition Arrangement with Sri Lanka became operative from September 1978. The Extradition Agreement with Bhutan was signed in 1996.

(c) & (d) There is no Extradition Treaty with Bangladesh, Maldives and Pakistan. The conclusion of an Extradition Treaty is a bilateral process, where both the signing States have to indicate their willingness in negotiating and signing such a Treaty.

Source: Q&A lokh sabah: Pakistan India Extradition Treaty Not Exists

And just because a Pakistani died in India, doesnt mean India is unsafe for Paksitanis. The article clearly mentions the cause of his death. Yi\ou can ask your media to do the dirty work of 'confirming' the cause of death, and you will be surprised it wasnt what are presumed to believe.

You didn't read when he was captured......a delibrate attempt to hide your guilt. He was captured in 2005 pak cricket series, he went there on valid visa but his body returned in 2008 after three years few days after indian spy was released by pakistani authorities.

I've just give inidan references previously to your indian mates to show dead body was returned, now read the independent sources to confirm torture....google yourself and you'll know he was tortured to death...accept it. I'm giving you one independent link

Source: Gulf-daily-news: Pakistani cricket fan tortured to death, his brother states that

If you are trapped and you are innocent, then as a gesture of goodwill India will send you back.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom