What's new

Indian deputy consul general arrested in US on visa fraud charges

USMS denies DC was cavity-searched: link

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Marshals Service, Nikki Credic-Barrett, said Khobragade did not undergo a cavity search but did go through a strip search. Under the agency's regulations governing prisoner searches, a strip search can include a "visual inspection" of body cavities, including the nose, mouth, genitals and anus, without intrusion.

USMS and DA office have lost all credibility when its apparent they facilitated Richards family's evacuation and promised her benefits for testifying against Khobragade.

The DA office may well have broken Indian laws helping and sheltering an under trial Indian citizen in the US.

you forgot the Houston incident where cops chased a chinese diplomat and arrested him? The diplomat was injured in the process.

We discussed this before, the traffic police didn't know the chinese man was a diplomat.

In your case, the police knew she was a diplomat yet she got locked with druggies and got violated internally.

Indians need to
US could do strip ,cavity search on its own nationals. does that mean US doent like them?

You need some situational logic. For white collar or low level crimes, they don't need to strip search or cavity search, especially if it's just for a booking. In a booking, the accused is let go very quickly (exactly the way I described) with bail or released on own recognizance. They only strip search & body cavity American felons in prison or Indian diplomats. That's about it.

Of course he is. I have often restrained myself from responding to such comments but I will. Perhaps Umair Nawaz was thinking of his mother and sister and his (or anyone's else's) hands on their bodies and got a little excited.

Your women don't get a body search because they are busy entertaining customers in massage parlours. Just walk into any section of almost any town. Perhaps your near and dears are there?

If they opened a Indian brothel in America, it would go out of business very quickly. And brothels are common in India , so it's not a supply problem but a demand issue in America. LOL!!!!!

Wrong. It's not humiliating that it happens- that's an incident. Incidents can happen to anyone.

It is humiliating to take incidents such as these lying down. Which we aren't. Unlike some countries I could name.

You seem to enjoy such situation's, good for you.

It's racist towards coloured people....and who all do it are darn racists.

Indians need to

You need some situational logic. For white collar or low level crimes, they don't need to strip search or cavity search, especially if it's just for a booking. In a booking, the accused is let go very quickly (exactly the way I described) with bail or released on own recognizance. They only strip search & body cavity American felons in prison or Indian diplomats. That's about it.

If they opened a Indian brothel in America, it would go out of business very quickly. And brothels are common in India , so it's not a supply problem but a demand issue in America. LOL!!!!!

Woman Says Strip Search After DUI Arrest Went Too Far | Video - ABC News

85-year-old Woman Strip Searched at JFK Airport

you need to learn a lot more about american justice system ,before claiming to be american and claiming to know who is strip sreached and who is not :p:

............, so it's not a supply problem but a demand issue in America. LOL!!!!!

I'm sure you would know, as the women you seem to know seem to be experienced in American demand.

You seem to enjoy such situation's, good for you....

You don't seem to understand in the slightest what I said did you? Misfortunes happen to everyone. The true strength is character is in how we combat them.

^^^^
I'm not even going to read your link. If you think strip searching 85 years old women is the norm in America, you need help. Keep posting extreme examples though, they are funny.

I'm sure you would know, as the women you seem to know seem to be experienced in American demand.

What a weak, lame, un-funny comeback devoid of any intelligence or even the slightest bit of wit. Typical Indian.

^^^^
I'm not even going to read your link. If you think strip searching 85 years old women is the norm in America, you need help. Keep posting extreme examples though, they are funny.

What a weak, lame, un-funny comeback devoid of any intelligence or even the slightest bit of wit. Typical Indian.

The TSA is a problem in America. Innocent people should not be strip searched for going on a plane.

However, this Indian diplomat is a criminal that need to be stripped searched according to local law. Policy don't just pick up random people in the public just to strip search them.

^^^^

if you are saying that 'they only strip search & body cavity American felons in prison or Indian diplomats' YOU need help

We discussed this before, the traffic police didn't know the chinese man was a diplomat.

In your case, the police knew she was a diplomat yet she got locked with druggies and got violated internally.

She was not violated. They were just doing their job by strip search a criminal that they are about to put in jail.

if you are saying that 'they only strip search & body cavity American felons in prison or Indian diplomats' YOU need help

They should only strip search people they are about to put in jail. I'm against the TSA here in America as they violate normal people going on a plane. But strip search criminals should be ok.

The TSA is a problem in America. Innocent people should not be strip searched for going on a plane.

However, this Indian diplomat is a criminal that need to be stripped searched according to local law. Policy don't just pick up random people in the public just to strip search them.

And who said she is a criminal?? WHat about innocent until proven guilty? Or US law has suddenly changes according to your convenience?

If you are wealthy or a diplomat in America, the legal system typically treats you like a saint. This is actually true in all countries. This Indian diplomat got vaginally violated because she is an Indian criminal. Typically if you are rich and important, even if you kill and injure a bunch of people, the victims will plead for your release and forgiveness. Take the M&M candy heiress that just killed a bunch of people...

Jacqueline Mars: Heiress avoids jail after admitting to reckless driving in fatal crash | Mail Online

I'm guessing that has to do with the domestic's rights under U.S. worker-protection laws.

Which is why it qualifies as Entrapment. With the stated salary of 4,000 $ per month, it was clear the employer would NOT be able to comply with the domestics rights in the US.

Remember this is the third or fourth time an Indian diplomat has run afoul of U.S. laws regarding the correct treatment of domestics.

This is the 3rd time the US govt. has targeted Indian diplomat. In any case, the general rule of law is still INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Your/their personal bias, prejudice or racial profiling is irrelevant to the case.

She can't get full immunity without the consent of the State Dept. Sometimes when immunity is refused the person in question is expelled. I'm not sure if it can or will be applied in this case. Complicating matters, the DC has been charged with a felony classed as a "grave crime" by the U.N. itself. Like the Secretary-General needs such headaches...

She already has got full immunity as of now, the worse washington can do is expel her. She can no longer be prosecuted or arrested under US laws. No thanks to the US govt.

Both the U.S. and the U.N. class "enslavement" as a "grave crime" and thus subject to the appropriate provisions of the Consular Convention. I understand the Indian government is trying to get the charges reduced to mere documentation fraud. That might allow the Indian gov't to claim the DC was wrongfully arrested.

But there is NO case for 'enslavement' only a case for wage dispute. :lol: .... and that is not a Grave crime. Your prejudiced opinion on the govt. of India does not change anything.

I suppose, then, that you'll be disappointed if you discover that U.S. consuls are following India's laws?

I would be, however I am pretty sure we can find a couple of americans who are breaking a few laws that is considered grave. Admission of Gay sex being one. Its not really that hard if one looks closly, I am sure US citizens in India are not aware of the multitude of Indian laws.

I would be more disappointed if the Indian govt. does not take similar action against US citizens from the Indian consulate.

BTW let me tell you that under Indian Law, Strip search and Cavity search is consider RAPE. So as per Indian Law, the Indian DC has been Raped. That is a pretty serious charge against the US govt. for aiding and abetting Rape of an Indian women and an Indian diplomat.

The DC has consular immunity but that immunity is only partial and does not extend to her dealings outside of her job.

Again I repeat, she had immunity agaisnt arrest unless it was for a Grave crime and wage dipute was NOT a grave crime.

I suppose the details will be revealed in the next couple of months.

Unlikely. US will be busy trying to bury this case.

Strictly speaking, only if the actions taken against the DC are outside the bounds of the Consular Convention. In practice, the Indian government may argue that they were traditionally allowed to violate the rights of their domestics for decades.

Nonsense. She will continue to represent India even when she is NOT doing consular action. Our Govt. does not have to argue for any such allegation by an enemy state. It is quite capable to ensure this matter be settled out of court WITHOUT paying a penny.

I did call her general competence into question after demonstrating that in one particular instance she was incompetent. Her own superior might well do the same - except now a big stink has been raised so she has to be portrayed as an "Indian hero".

I still see no evidence of her incompetence, but see several instance of US incompetence. She is a Indian hero, live with it. or don't.

Ah, now we get down to the nubbin. Most of this tightening up - severely applying worker-protection laws to foreign diplomats - has occurred since 2009, under President Obama's watch. The same Obama who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." Ironic, isn't it? :cheesy:

Maybe for you as an US citizen. As an Indian citizen, I don't care a rat's *** what happens in the US under Obama. or for his Nobel prize.

Last edited:
Which is why it qualifies as Entrapment. With the stated salary of 4,000 $ per month, it was clear the employer would NOT be able to comply with the domestics rights in the US.

This is the 3rd time the US govt. has targeted Indian diplomat. In any case, the general rule of law is still INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Your/their personal bias, prejudice or racial profiling is irrelevant to the case.

She already has got full immunity as of now, the worse washington can do is expel her. She can no longer be prosecuted or arrested under US laws. No thanks to the US govt.

But there is NO case for 'enslavement' only a case for wage dispute. :lol: .... and that is not a Grave crime. Your prejudiced opinion on the govt. of India does not change anything.

I would be, however I am pretty sure we can find a couple of americans who are breaking a few laws that is considered grave. Admission of Gay sex being one. Its not really that hard if one looks closly, I am sure US citizens in India are not aware of the multitude of Indian laws.

I would be more disappointed if the Indian govt. does not take similar action against US citizens from the Indian consulate.

BTW let me tell you that under Indian Law, Strip search and Cavity search is consider RAPE. So as per Indian Law, the Indian DC has been Raped. That is a pretty serious charge against the US govt. for aiding and abetting Rape of an Indian women and an Indian diplomat.

Again I repeat, she had immunity agaisnt arrest unless it was for a Grave crime and wage dipute was NOT a grave crime.
Unlikely. US will be busy trying to bury this case.

Bro media report says that it was reported that both agreed pay 9+$ per hour to maid. In reality she was paid more.

Consider $575 cash+free accommodation+free food+full insurance coverage + return ticket to India every year + visa processing fee -- total come out to be way above USA minimum pay norms.

Also... I do not understand where did they pull $4500 / month. I do not think any one paying $4500 / month to any maid in USA, In some states professional struggle to get that much let alone baby sitter.

It's just a case of greed maid brainwashed by few opportunist to earn few browny points at cost of a Indian diplomat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom