What's new

Indian deputy consul general arrested in US on visa fraud charges

Then why the heck these envoys take the maids with them if they can't pay the necessary minimum wages defined in the A3 visa requirements? Many living here spend $1000 - 2000 per child on day care(my neighbor, an Indian Punjabi has mentioned she used to pay $2000 per month and now have come down to $1500 per month as the child has grown old) and additionally spend more for babysitters(who are mostly are neighborhood teen age girls) for additional hours paying the hourly minimum rates if they want to go out outside of the day care hours. They understand that nannies are expensive to retain and take this route. Why the Indian envoys think they are special breed and want to have nannies?

Still up to the US justice department to present their case to the US office and reject India request to transfer Khobragade to UN mission.

It doesn't matter what the final outcome is now. The criminal of a woman will just be one step up of a street walker.

UN office have to consider legal reasons to reject the application, UN shouldn't tarnish their name which allow Khobragade transfer to UN mission, she was charge with human trafficking and exploitation of slave labor law.

She is involved in another case in India.

You are really optimistic. The Adarsh probe has already been rejected and the Maharashtra government won't allow another probe.

The more chances are she will be reeled in by one of the political parties and claimed as a hero.

Another Heroine in the Making !!! but she don't stand a chance against the existing one's ~~~!!

This accreditation request is subject to approval by the State Department.
Why the State Department approving UN posting ???

Why the State Department approving UN posting ???

Please read for yourself:

"The U.N. has processed the request to register Ms. Khobragade as a member of the Permanent Mission of India to the U.N.," a U.N. source said on condition of anonymity. "However, the final stop in the process is the U.S. (State Department)."

That is the correct process.

She is involved in another case in India.

Krait , the best course of action for her doesn't lie in escape , it lies in facing the charges and then coming out clean , this pretty much will sum up her diplomatic career if you try to get her to India next after transferring her to UN mission ( assuming the State Dept signs that piece of paper ) .

This UN approval is not retroactive and its evident india doing all theser to shield her from legal proceedings.

Fact that US State department informed indian govt about her violations in Sep and indian govt did not take any action. Now making up all sorts of excuse is just plain criminal. See the typical indian response coming out of indian FM.

The Times reports, "Washington warned the Indian government of the investigation against Ms. Khobragade in a letter in September. Asked why the Indian government did not withdraw Ms. Khobragade then, [Foreign Minister Salman] Khurshid responded that he 'didn’t expect this could happen... Don’t hold it against us that we have trust and faith in the U.S. government and its liberal credentials."

Indian Diplomat's NYC Arrest Prompts American Flag Burning In India And CIA Conspiracy Theories: Gothamist

I think you got it wrong,, what he ment i guess is , she is been xfered to UN and why does US state dept has to aprove it, UN is supposed to be a world body not US body.

I think you got it wrong,, what he ment i guess is , she is been xfered to UN and why does US state dept has to aprove it, UN is supposed to be a world body not US body.

US state department can reject Khobragade transfer to UN mission because a defendant need to stand trail for the crimes she accused of violating US law. UN compound is an separate sovereignty from the US territory, within UN territory a defendant will have the full immunity to all the US laws. US state department within it's right to disapprove the transfer of a defendant from her consulate office to the UN office.

Back
Top Bottom