What's new

Indian court: We dont want Taliban (sic) in country

I am amazed and appalled that not one single Bharatiya has had the decency to call a spade a spade, and declare that this is an erroneous judgement by teh court.

Thank God for Pakistan. It's moments like these I consider that we are blessed to have gotten our own INdependant country, that doesn't pretend to be 'secular', yet is more tolerant of minorities than the pretenders.

Isn't farz defined or is it a matter of belief? i mean could cutting beard be haram?

For sikhs (a special kind, some oath or something, i forget) the five Ks are mandatory. for such a sikh cutting hair is haram.

The majority of muslim scholars believe it is wajib (a classification of farz) to keep a beard and haram to shave it. There are those who disagree with that opinion.

Isn't it enough, though, that a person feels it is their religious duty to perform a certain act, for them to have permission to perforum it? Also, a religion that is protected by teh constitution, a religion whose civil laws are respected and enforced by the state, such as is the case in the Rep. of India?

I am amazed and appalled that not one single Bharatiya has had the decency to call a spade a spade, and declare that this is an erroneous judgement by teh court.

Thank God for Pakistan. It's moments like these I consider that we are blessed to have gotten our own INdependant country, that doesn't pretend to be 'secular', yet is more tolerant of minorities than the pretenders.

Its a minority run school. the concept of a private school is really not that difficult to grasp.

i'm happy people are not allowed to bring their religion into eveything in india.

Its a minority run school. the concept of a private school is really not that difficult to grasp.

i'm happy people are not allowed to bring their religion into eveything in india.

Don't be condescending. I am myself private educated, my wife went to a convent school. We're not sitting here on the internet, fresh off the banana boat.

That has nothing to do with respecting the religious sentiments of school children. Whether private or not, no school can be above the law. And the law and constitution of Bharat protects and guarantees - in theory at least - religious belief and freedom of practice.

A sikh wearing a turban and beard is ok, yet a muslim child with a beard is seen as unacceptable? This is naked hypocrisy.

The majority of muslim scholars believe it is wajib (a classification of farz) to keep a beard and haram to shave it. There are those who disagree with that opinion.

Isn't it enough, though, that a person feels it is their religious duty to perform a certain act, for them to have permission to perforum it? Also, a religion that is protected by teh constitution, a religion whose civil laws are respected and enforced by the state, such as is the case in the Rep. of India?

No its not enough. somone might think their duty to grow hair, only wear 'religiously sanctioned' clothes and not a tie, a tika on their forehead, only safron cloth etc etc. of course it can't be allowed.

in pakistan if one decides its his religious duty to wear the arabic dress to school instead of shirt, pants and a tie, is it allowed?

A sikh wearing a turban and beard is ok, yet a muslim child with a beard is seen as unacceptable? This is naked hypocrisy.

why did they not take this point to court? they should have.

However i don't think its hypocricy, its a compromise. sikh cutting hair means he is no more sikh, for muslims there's no such compulsion. its the accepted theory in india behind it. as i said, a brahmin won't be allowed to grow his hair too, discrimination against brahmins? i don't think so.

fateh, i just told you, I know plenty of sikhs who cut their hair. I've got many school and college friends who are sikhs, plus I DO live in the real world. It is simply not true, that by cutting of hair one ceases to be a sikh.

I do know about the five Ks. Karpan, Kangha, Kachha, Karra, Kaish...Hell, I have even been attacked by a guy in a huge studded metal karra, so I have the physcial signs to tell.

Many sikh people do not observe all the five ks, yet are still considered sikhs.

That has nothing to do with respecting the religious sentiments of school children. Whether private or not, no school can be above the law. And the law and constitution of Bharat protects and guarantees - in theory at least - religious belief and freedom of practice.

I disagree Dark, This only should apply to government school, where he should be given equal rights based on his religious belief. A private school has certain rights and regulations which he has to abide by or not go to it, that is also his freedom, right. But he is forcing the private school system.

Likewise, it is equally as saying that a Hindu student going to Private Catholic school, where every student has to go to Friday Mass, and One hindu students says we should instead to go to Pooja in seperate temple. Of course the school will say no, because it is a Catholic school. So the question is who is right. My opinion the School is right.

Nothing Wrong in implementing rules of the school about dress code.

BUT the Problem is that this same SCHOOL allowes Sikh students with beared who also wear the religious sikh turban.

Where does the article say so?

Bravo! I wish we had more judges like him here. Despite the separation of Church/State the religious nutjobs always try to find a way to sneak into the system. If you can't follow the fair rules of the institution, find another one that can accommodate you simple as that.

An example over here was a women wanting to wear a burkha for PHOTO identification i.e her drivers license and Passport. It had to get all the way to the appeals court before it was laughed out. Seriously?

An example over here was a women wanting to wear a burkha for PHOTO identification i.e her drivers license and Passport. It had to get all the way to the appeals court before it was laughed out. Seriously?

That's really a hoot! It would not be a problem in Saudi Arabia, since women don't need drivers licenses. I wonder how much peripheral vision you have wearing a burka. Talk about dangerous women drivers!!!!

Good thing Sir then you are born pakistan. Its always good to abide by the rules laid down by the constitution/institution & not challenge it. The moment this balance trips , consititution itself will collapse.
If this decision were to ever go through then pretty much sure other students from all the other religions would have filled cases in courts to satisfy their religious whims/beliefs. Its a school and not a religious playgroud.
Excellent decision by Judge although i agree wordings were to rough but i believe it had the desired effect.

Hilarious ...although i seriously wonder if it really happened.

^^ What wrongwith the decision? Everyone is ment to follow the rules of service whether in the armed forces or otherwise. Its not that Airforce personalle cannot have beards, there are several Sikhs and Muslims and hindus sporting facial hair. But I think what SC has rejected is to go Osama with the beards, now that gives an "unprofessional" look.

In a secular country everyone has the right to persue what they want, but abide by the rules laid down by the estabilishment. Again religion is a belief not a rule.
It's called the freedom to profess one's faith. The Indian court has proclaimed that keeping a beard would make you a terrorist like Taliban!

This is sick. Thank god for Pakistan!

Bravo! I wish we had more judges like him here. Despite the separation of Church/State the religious nutjobs always try to find a way to sneak into the system. If you can't follow the fair rules of the institution, find another one that can accommodate you simple as that.

Whereas the Burkha may be an issue with security, it is also not mandatory. Most women believe that a head scarf is what is actually called for.

Some of my Arab friends that do wear the Burkha say they take off the head wear while driving, and use tinted glasses. So please, don't decide for us, we're sensible people too.

Back
Top Bottom