What's new

India wants China to be more 'sensitive' on Pakistan issues

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
India wants China to be more 'sensitive' on Pakistan issues

Noting that India and China share a complex relationship, foreign secretary Nirupama Rao underlined that Beijing needed to be more "sensitive" towards India's concerns in its dealings with Pakistan. During her talk at The New School in New York, Rao said that India was not against Pakistan's relationship with other countries but New Delhi had some genuine concerns about some aspects of the relationship between Beijing and Islamabad.

China's support for Pakistan nuclear ambitions were two aspects, which Rao said, was an areas where India was "seeking more clarity and transparency" and "welcomed an open discussion."

The top Indian official also said New Delhi took strong exception of China's policy to issue stapled visas to residents of Jammu and Kashmir and its presence in Kashmir.

The relationship between India and China, she said, "would be stronger when China shows more sensitivity on issues that impinge on our sovereignty and territorial integrity."

Both sides, Rao said, were working to resolve the boundary dispute.

The current talks, she said, were a "serious attempt to arrive at a fair and mutually acceptable statements for both side."

India wants China to be more 'sensitive' on Pak-issues - Hindustan Times

I think that India is trying to be a god in this play, world in the hands of munchkins...

India should not fly too high, otherwise, men who took them to the height, the U.S. relationship, will turn off the gas--and that will be troublesome..

The relationship between India and China, she said, "would be stronger when China shows more sensitivity on issues that impinge on our sovereignty and territorial integrity."

LOL who cares. As usual, they are overestimating the importance of India.

Funny though, that they would continue this pleading after the Dalai Lama made those recent comments.

China will start to be more sensitive to India trust me.

I think it is more like a take it or leave it kinda statement from NR ... I doubt the Chinese care much about statements. This verbal duel will continue as long as the issues between India and China are not resolved... But I agree on the tactics of keeping up the pressure on China.

How relationship between Pakistan and China? How relationship between India and China?
What is the reason China will help India?
Do not come to disturb us.

Do even know the difference between 'help' and 'sensitive'?

Oh and it looks like you're not alone in the 'poor vocab' zone.

Why the hell would India ask for China's 'help'?

its going to be a give and take relationship. both countries hold several important cards up their sleeves. while china would like india to be sensitive on tibbet issue, india would like china to be more accomodative on stapled visa issue.each sidde need to ceede some ground. i wonder if thats possible?

lol indians don't know what their own president is doing (asking like a beggar) as their own FM doesn't know which country's speech he is reading out at the UN.

Ther's still a lot of difference b/w 'help' and 'support'.

There's a servile connotation or a helpless cadge associated with 'help'

'Support' is a far more subtle and kind of mutual thing.

But then, I don't expect you or some of your fellow Chinese members to understand this.

Back
Top Bottom