What's new

India, US troops take part in simulated military operation

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
India, US troops take part in simulated military operation - The Economic Times

JODHPUR: Troops of Indian and US armies conducted night operations to neutralise and flush out insurgents hiding in a village in Rajasthan during an exercise codenamed 'Desert Lark'.

The simulated operation was part of the ongoing war game - codenamed 'Exercise Yudh Abhyas'- between the two armies.

The drill saw Indian and US troops establishing a cordon using their combat vehicles at night and then conduct dismounted searches by day to flush out insurgents, Army officials said today.

The drill was performed in the Mahajan Field Range near Bikaner last night and was witnessed by delegation leaders from both the sides.

The seventh edition of Yudh Abhyas is taking place at two locations under the South Western Command of the Indian Army.

While the field training exercises are being conducted at Mahajan range, the Army Engineers from both sides are involved in Ex Sarvada Saviour at Bathinda.

"Ex Sarvada Saviour is focused on challenges faced by Sappers in countering threats of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), infrastructure development in strife torn regions and execution of rescue and relief operations during natural calamities or disasters," an army official said.

The field training exercise comprises troops from 2nd Squadron, 14th US Cavalry Regiment from 25th Infantry Division, along with a platoon of Strykers, and a similar sized Indian Army contingent of mechanised infantry.

A number of key surveillance, communications and lED detection and neutralisation technologies, available with both sides, are being fielded in the exercise, the officials said.

any pics??

Close%2Bcordon%2Bof%2Binsurgent%2Bhideout-754381.JPG

Closing%2Bon%2Bto%2Bthe%2Binsurgent%2Bhideout-756809.JPG

Estblishment%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bcordon%2Baround%2Bthe%2Babandoned%2Bvillage-758704.JPG

Fire%2Bsupport%2Bbeing%2Bprovided%2Bduring%2Bthe%2Bexercise-759978.JPG

Observe how stealthily WCC creeps into India. The heart of Hindustan, the wealth of Hindustan and the cheap plentiful manpower of Hindustan still attracts WCC. Remember how they arrived as innocent healers/priests. And then in another 300 years they had enslaved SA entirely.

^^^^Yup he is Indian and the gypsy looks like the one Para uses.

No, most likely Ghatak.

Is it just me or the soldier manning what looks like a pkm in the last pic is an Indian?? If true then HOLY FAAAAKING ****.

Yes that is clearly an IA soldier- uniform, equipment and skin colour are dead giveaways!

So the Para Commandos took part!

No Indian SOFs took place in this particular ex (that is a completly separate joint ex called Veyu Sena, on the whole SOFs only train/exercise with other SOFs and there were no US SOFs taking place in this ex).

Look at the following vid, guys with TARs are Ghataks of NAGA regiment NOT SOFs, so it proves Ghataks have this kit these days (as has been publicly stated in the past vis a vis upgrading Ghataks).

[video]http://www.********.com/view?i=a5a_1288662538[/video]

No, most likely Ghatak.

Yes that is clearly an IA soldier- uniform, equipment and skin colour are dead giveaways!

No Indian SOFs took place in this particular ex (that is a completly separate joint ex called Veyu Sena, on the whole SOFs only train/exercise with other SOFs and there were no US SOFs taking place in this ex).

Look at the following vid, guys with TARs are Ghataks of NAGA regiment NOT SOFs, so it proves Ghataks have this kit these days (as has been publicly stated in the past vis a vis upgrading Ghataks).

[video]http://www.********.com/view?i=a5a_1288662538[/video]

Well...i dont know much about the excercise since i am not online that often but that Gypsy looked like the one Para uses but so does the Mechanised Forces..then i had a look at the soldier with all the gear and he definitely didnt look like Mechanised infantry soldier..moreover the tactical number is also not the one Mechanised forces use...so i thought it is Para.

If they are Ghataks then its really good..they have come a long way.

They are from the sapper regiments and sappers have an airborne force too moreover sappers,ghataks have been modernised next in line after the SF's like the VBSS teams got new kits after the MARCOS got theirs.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom