What's new

India-Turkey to hold joint war exercises off Mumbai coast

This Turkey co operates with Pakistan on defense deals

How come we are holding exercises with such a country ? :hitwall:

even usa china hold exercises with pakstan.still we have exercises with them

good move by India. May Indo-Turkish relations grow stronger

i do not agree indian navy letting the Turkey knowabout the inside of india coasts onborad situation due to it's over close relation with pakistan , information will also slip to china from pakistan , who knows what's the motives behind these exercises

i do not agree indian navy letting the Turkey knowabout the inside of india coasts onborad situation due to it's over close relation with pakistan , information will also slip to china from pakistan , who knows what's the motives behind these exercises

Maybe, maybe not. I'm sure proper precautions are taken by the IN. Even when it comes to outright friendly countries; You think every piece of info is disclosed?

I don't think so mate...

Turkey would never want to start a confrontation with India. I suggest some Indians in here cool down, because many countries in world have positive relations with Pakistan (including Indonesia, USA and European countries). India's problems with Pakistan shouldn't stop India from having positive relations with other countries. Countries like Indonesia and Turkey are regional powers who have a positive and growing influential role in world politics.

Turkey is doing very well in both economy and defence. Very Different than most of the Muslim countries that's why she earned some good respect everywhere. Turkey is secular country like India. We have good relation with almost all Muslim countries except Pakistan.

Turkey would never want to start a confrontation with India. I suggest some Indians in here cool down, because many countries in world have positive relations with Pakistan (including Indonesia, USA and European countries). India's problems with Pakistan shouldn't stop India from having positive relations with other countries. Countries like Indonesia and Turkey are regional powers who have a positive and growing influential role in world politics.

GoI has fairly good diplomatic relations with pretty much every other Muslim nation apart from Pakistan so don't worry but you have to understand that we will be quite wary of a nation that is closer to Pakistan (understandably I think).

Turkey is a modern West Asian nation with a powerful Military and a solid presence in Easter Mediterranean region. Turkey also has a strong indigenous defense production industry. Good and friendly ties with Turkey can only benefit India. We already have good relations with many Arab/West Asian/North African states. It is time we started paying attention to Turkey which is a regional power in West Asia and an economic powerhouse in the world. Our relationship with Pakistan or Israel should not come in between our ties with Turkey. We will be fools if we let them.

Turkey is a modern West Asian nation with a powerful Military and a solid presence in Easter Mediterranean region. Turkey also has a strong indigenous defense production industry. Good and friendly ties with Turkey can only benefit India. We already have good relations with many Arab/West Asian/North African states. It is time we started paying attention to Turkey which is a regional power in West Asia and an economic powerhouse in the world. Our relationship with Pakistan or Israel should not come in between our ties with Turkey. We will be fools if we let them.

I'm sorry but I have to say as much as both governments may want to disregard our "obligations" to our respective friends/partners, namely Israel & Pakistan. I think there will come a certain point when both parties will hit a wall. Economic ties and co-operation in tackling piracy is as far as I see this going.

Neither side will be able to fully trust each other as long as we maintain better ties with our respective historical partners. Just my humble opinion.

I'm sorry but I have to say as much as both governments may want to disregard our "obligations" to our respective friends/partners, namely Israel & Pakistan. I think there will come a certain point when both parties will hit a wall. Economic ties and co-operation in tackling piracy is as far as I see this going.

Neither side will be able to fully trust each other as long as we maintain better ties with our respective historical partners. Just my humble opinion.

Don't share the skepticism.There have been increasing signs of India pursuing upon strengthened ties with NATO allies individually.That aids us to steer clear of leaning towards any bloc like NATO while still deriving benefits from their members.Turkey is a true trailblazer in that department by efficiently using her ties to build upon on her own strategic muscle.India should follow suit and by the looks of it,she is considering putting offset agreements in place just like how nations like Turkey and Israel started out in the defense paradigm.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Don't share the skepticism.There have been increasing signs of India pursuing upon strengthened ties with NATO allies individually.That aids us to steer clear of leaning towards any bloc like NATO while still deriving benefits from their members.Turkey is a true trailblazer in that department by efficiently using her ties to build upon on her own strategic muscle.India should follow suit and by the looks of it,she is considering putting offset agreements in place just like how nations like Turkey and Israel started out in the defense paradigm.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom