What's new

India to raise 30 Infantry Battalions

Interesting to see under which regiments the proposed battalions would be raised.

I think its time for an OBC and a Mahadalit regiment :P

NO...i meant ...the original 90000 Soldier + the extra 30 Batallions

That is one way to solve unemployment in the north east :P

This 30,000 is very likely part of the 90,000 planned. No new formations other than the MSC has been announced.

This 30,000 is very likely part of the 90,000 planned. No new formations other than the MSC has been announced.

I don't think so.... then what would be the need for a separate announcement... those 90k soldiers are mountain divisions for the north east ...

I don't think so.... then what would be the need for a separate announcement... those 90k soldiers are mountain divisions for the north east ...

The announcement of a new corps is about a new operational formation.

This announcement is about inducting 30 battalions, which is not an army formation, but more of an organizational thing - that so many numbers of soldiers will be recruited, these particular regiments will see this number of battalion increase, for which this amount of funds are allocated in this 5 year plan and so on.

Raising battalions is an organizational issue, whereas raising a brigade or corps is an operational issue.

Also, the same thing will be discussed many times, whether in the ministry or in parliament or in other venues. It is not really an "announcement".

The 90,000 figure is for a new strike corps. And guess where all that manpower will come from? From the battalions that infantry regiments will contribute. So each regiment will raise one or two new battalions in this five year plan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom