What's new

India to integrate K-15 missiles into nuclear submarine soon

First, get k15 ready before starting on K4. Why run before walk.

"In a dramatic breakthrough in its nuclear offensive capability, India has successfully tested a submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM) with an eventual range of 3,500 km. Tested secretly off Visakhapatnam in January this year, the 10-m long and 1.3-m wide missile emerged from a pontoon submerged 50 m underwater and breached the surface. Painted black and white so that it can be distinguished in water, it has passed a critical parameter."

The secret 'K' missile family : The Big Story - India Today

Did you meant electric drive or nuclear propulsion??

For nuke propulsion here is some.

Nuclear Propulsion

Nuclear-Powered Ships | Nuclear Submarines

Thanx, but I know perfectly well about nuke-prop.
My question was nuke electric prop, which, as far as I know is only conceptualized for rockets, not ships. What is difference between electric and thermal nuclear ship propulsion and benefits of electric as you seem to appreciate that one.

Thanx, but I know perfectly well about nuke-prop.
My question was nuke electric prop, which, as far as I know is only conceptualized for rockets, not ships. What is difference between electric and thermal nuclear ship propulsion and benefits of electric as you seem to appreciate that one.

You got me wrong there.

I was merely pointing the thermal to electric efficiency of the reactor.

Earlier reports quoted reactors power to be 80Mwe (which is approx. ~240MWt) .

While this report quotes it as 80MWt (approx. 26MWe) , which implies the power output of arihant reactor is low.

Back
Top Bottom