What's new

India to hike its defence budget further by 10%

It never comes-up in my mind that there are more then 50% Indian civilians living on pooverty line. Wt India wants to do after incresing their defence budget.

Indian current miltary power is enough to compete China, Pakistan which are bigger threats (If India consider them) then why they are going behind weapons etc.

This will only create more hate among India's all neighbouring countries. besides that Pakistan and China will also increase their defence budget.

And if ever war begins Indian vs China/Pakistan..........this will surely destroy Asia.
Millions of people will die from Indian, China and Pakistan.

Well, One thing more ....wt can India do even if they increase 100% defence budget, Indian security proved to be failed as we have seen in Mumbai attacks.

It never comes-up in my mind that there are more then 50% Indian civilians living on pooverty line. Wt India wants to do after incresing their defence budget.

Indian current miltary power is enough to compete China, Pakistan which are bigger threats (If India consider them) then why they are going behind weapons etc.

This will only create more hate among India's all neighbouring countries. besides that India and China will also increase their defence budget.

Well, One thing more ....wt can India do even if they increase 100% defence budget, Indian security proved to be failed as we have seen in Mumbai attacks.

still,the % of gdp that we spend behind defence is lesser than our western neighbour.........and china has a official defence budget of 72 billion and unofficial reports claiming as much as 150 billion.,.......and your last line says it all,we are gonna leave no stones unturned to improve the national security

Trying to compete with china:lol:

I think India cant compete with China, 70% of the worlds countries purchasing Chinees products. I guess Indian economy is earning with only Cosmetics, Movies, Agriculture (almost 60% Indian economy based on Agriculture) , Textile industires and maybe from weapons (especially selling weapons to terrorists groups :p).

still,the % of gdp that we spend behind defence is lesser than our western neighbour.........and china has a official defence budget of 72 billion and unofficial reports claiming as much as 150 billion.,.......and your last line says it all,we are gonna leave no stones unturned to improve the national security

Hmm............national security is really very important.

But why you compare urself with China. China has different dimensions and policies. They are never been attackers.
They most of the time tries to resolve issues by dialogues.

Hmm............national security is really very important.

But why you compare urself with China. China has different dimensions and policies. They are never been attackers.
They most of the time tries to resolve issues by dialogues.

well the chinese build up across our north-east border,and reguler incursions with aggressive words regarding Arunachal proves otherwise

I think India cant compete with China, 70% of the worlds countries purchasing Chinees products. I guess Indian economy is earning with only Cosmetics, Movies, Agriculture (almost 60% Indian economy based on Agriculture) , Textile industires and maybe from weapons (especially selling weapons to terrorists groups :p).

India's major exports are Engineering Goods and Chemical related goods. Agricultural exports come third.

Movies are not economy. Neither are cosmetics. Read up some good sources on Indian economy and then comment.

I think India cant compete with China, 70% of the worlds countries purchasing Chinees products.

What awesome reason for India not to be compared to China. You can continue to live in denial. But all around the world India and China are compared. Harvard, Stanford, CMU, Insead all are running research projects and hold regular meeting on India, China's economic trends and how they will shape the future.

Now, what you have written proves you dont understand economics one bit. India's economy is not export driven, China's is. And as a result Chinese had to bear the brunch of recession while India did fairly well, and is all set to bounce back harder. The great thing about India is that despite the slump, the export sector didnt take a beating unlike in China because it was consumed domestically.

Last edited:
relax guys, I think 10% rise in the budget is becauseof new pay rise for the army.(actually all government employee)

Whether or not India is hiding its defence budget is debatable given the complete monetary transperancy maintained by the Indian Government. Maybe, they are spending more money by citing it as research or something. Anything of that sort will be mentioned, while it may not explicitly suggest money is for defence.

Every country hides its actual defence budget. No matter how much monetary transparency is maintained by Indian Government, there will always be loopholes in it. In fact I believe there might be deliberate loopholes plugged in by the Government so that more than the allocated money could be channeled to the defence sector without the knowledge of the public or the international community. U can expect the real budget to be atleast 10% more than what is projected. And I personally approve of it.:chilli:

yes i guess the reccent pay commision's rulings are to be implemented and thus the hike.if the money is to pay the salaries i am for it.
on a side note...the army salaries are pretty amazing now...my firend got selected in the army recently...shes gonna be a captain...and shes gonna get like 35k per month as her starting salary!
i get only 30k in the IT sector!

yes i guess the reccent pay commision's rulings are to be implemented and thus the hike.if the money is to pay the salaries i am for it.
on a side note...the army salaries are pretty amazing now...my firend got selected in the army recently...shes gonna be a captain...and shes gonna get like 35k per month as her starting salary!
i get only 30k in the IT sector!
Nope...not possible. One of my friends is in the army and has around 6 years of experience and his salary is not very high...around 40k. Just reconfirm.

Whats wrong in competing with China or any other Advance country. I think compitition is a good thing.

Why cant China be role model for our Development, Just because of a war we should not narrow our thinking.

Not when the $32 (or $37) billion that is being spent on defence can be spent to uplift 300 million from poverty. The same applies to China and Pakistan as well, however this particular type of competition is really NOT good.

Not when the $32 (or $37) billion that is being spent on defence can be spent to uplift 300 million from poverty. The same applies to China and Pakistan as well, however this particular type of competition is really NOT good.

Their is no such competition. India is just fulfilling its defence needs which were neglected for long. Such increase was seen after Kargil incursion too. This seems to be in response to Mumbai type attacks now why should Pakistan be worried ?

Their is no such competition. India is just fulfilling its defence needs which were neglected for long. Such increase was seen after Kargil incursion too. This seems to be in response to Mumbai type attacks now why should Pakistan be worried ?

Who says anyone is overly worried? As if this is the first time India has outspent Pakistan..We will be/are doing what we must. Read the point to which I was responding instead of getting defensive all the time.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom