What's new

India to buy 8 warships from South Korea.

lol, you stupid hindu: you can make friends with all the bonzi (and other petty nations) in the world, but with two powerful and disaffected neighbors right on your border, nothing can aid you when your neighbors decide to buttr*pe you. like the chinese saying, all the blood relations with family members who live afar cannot match the importance of neighbors who live next door, and indians have failed miserably in the most important diplomacy: that with its own neighbors. that is pure idiocy.

does remind me of another "friend" india flirted with back in 2006-2008: the deibazi. deibazi's head of "island" once brought in a staunch ally and a very "supportive" president of gambia who on his visit to taiwan threatened china with an invasion of a thousand elite native gambian tribal warriors if china didn't try to be nice with deibazi - lol. indian friendship with bonzi is right up that deibazi-gambia alley.

Sorry what? I don;t understand Chinese crap, and sorry to disappoint you I am not Hindu, although I do know that all the Hindu's who live in France, Australia, Israeli, USA etc contribute a lot to those countries and are respected people in those communities.

^^^
Where did you got this 8 years figure ??

I am pretty sure its the same tender.

Defense News reported in May 2004, that the Indian Navy placed an order to Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) for eight Mine Countermeasures Vessels (MCMVs) at a cost of more than $1 billion. GSL would seek foreign naval companies for the sensitive equipment aboard these glass-reinforced-fibre ships. A senior naval procurement official at the Ministry of Defence stated that RFPs (request for proposals) for mine-hunting gear will soon go to Thales of France; Atlas Elektronik of Germany; FABA of Spain and Eca of France. An Indian Navy official stated that these MCMVs will search for mines using a high-definition sonar and then neutralise them with explosives by remote-controlled mine disposal systems. Bharat Electronics Ltd. (BEL) is expected to supply the fire control radar for the vessel and BEL in a joint venture with OTO Melara of Italy will develop a 30mm gun. The MoD is expected float a tender in June 2004 for select shipbuilding technology from Intermarine of Italy; Kangnam of South Korea and Izar of Spain. The vessel will be made of lightweight reinforced composite materials to lower their acoustic and magnetic signatures, and to better resist underwater explosions. The first MCMV is expected to arrive in 2008 and will patrol India's harbours.

NEW DELHI: In tune with a growing 'strategic partnership' with South Korea, India is now getting all set to ink a major defence contract with the north-east Asian country for acquisition of eight advanced minesweeping and hunting warships.

Under the programme, which will be worth well over Rs 6,000 crore, India will get two of the mine counter-measures vessels (MCMVs) directly from South Korean firm Kangnam Corporation, while the other six will be manufactured by Goa Shipyard after transfer of technology. "The contract is now being finalized after the conclusion of the commercial negotiations," said a source.

India's need for advanced MCMVs that combine the role of traditional minesweepers and active mine-hunters to detect and destroy underwater mines is critical. Despite intelligence inputs holding that Indian harbours face the clear and present danger of underwater mines being planted by both state as well as non-state actors, the Navy's MCMV project has been hanging fire for several years now.

"Underwater mines are cheap weapons that can be used for high-impact incidents. It's relatively easy for someone to lay mines at the harbour approach or departure routes. There is need to step-up the protection of our harbours and offshore installations," said an official.

Made of composite material and high-grade steel to ensure 'minimal magnetivity', the new MCMVs will have high-definition sonars and acoustic and magnetic sweeps to first detect all kinds of marooned and drifting mines and then use remote-controlled systems like small underwater vehicles to then detonate them at safe distances.

India cannot build its own mine sweepers???? NO way.. India has such advance technology. How can it not able to build simple stuff like modern mine sweepers. The Indian members are BS too much about incredible India if it cannot build mine sweepers.

India cannot build its own mine sweepers???? NO way.. India has such advance technology. How can it not able to build simple stuff like modern mine sweepers. The Indian members are BS too much about incredible India if it cannot build mine sweepers.

Indian shipyards are completely booked with orders for the next several years, 100 warships are currently in construction, there is no space for any more project work, hence buying it from outside.

Can China build its own minesweeper?

Aren't you the one who was moaning about racist comments?

Anycase India and its allies and friends is India's business. And in any case they are better than the allies of Chinese who top the list of the failed states:lol:

because i am supremely proud and jealous of my race, of course i would respond to any racist remarks directed against mine. i don't take racial slur against chinese from a foolish mod, much less a pakistani one.

and no one is forcing india to reevaluate its friendship with bonzi and deibazi - i find it utterly foolish and am happy to see that india invested so much in these fruitless enterprises because i wish india ill.

because i am supremely proud and jealous of my race, of course i would respond to any racist remarks directed against mine. i don't take racial slur against chinese from a foolish mod, much less a pakistani one.

and no one is forcing india to reevaluate its friendship with bonzi and deibazi - i find it utterly foolish and am happy to see that india invested so much in these fruitless enterprises because i wish india ill.

Good luck in your endeavours with your pariah state allies:lol: Now that you have made you ill wish kindly sod off with you mongoloid race.

Good luck in your endeavours with your pariah state allies:lol: Now that you have made you ill wish kindly sod off with you mongoloid race.

chinese alliances with pakistan and north korea are extremely stable and useful to china. they keep hindus and bonzi up late into the night and have accomplished many purposes for chinese national security.

and no state is pariah if they have one billion chinese as friends.

There is so much scope for improvement in India-South Korea relationship. We need to act fast on fulfill this backlog by co-operating each other in economic and defense sector. We have common threats and common goals.

why ppl resposponding to religious racist a-hole>???

Can we discuss the topic, ie defence here...

put the moron in ignore list.

@ topic.

Korean+Kangnam%25E2%2580%2599s+mine+hunters.jpg

looks like your translator isn't working properly..because its gibberish to me..Kiddo,go back home and learn english first..typical chinese with fire in the heart and megaton in the A*$..

chinese alliances with pakistan and north korea are extremely stable and useful to china. they keep hindus and bonzi up late into the night and have accomplished many purposes for chinese national security.

and no state is pariah if they have one billion chinese as friends.

Yes we can see that. You have your panties in a twist just at the thought of India's alliance with SoKo, Japan and Vietnam. And India will pursue this relationship, you lots can keep whining. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom