What's new

India tests Astra BVRAAM

When shown the source of seeker, the say so what!!

When shown the similarities of the missiles they go on nuances.

Why are they so insecure?? Is it because...nothing is indigenous, like south african cheetah and israeli kafir, french are pulling one more trick??

Missiles with Tail control :

tail-control.jpg

What you call nuances :disagree: decides the stability of the missile. The tail fins are the active control surface of the missile. For a working understanding of missile, please refer to the link below and you will learn something today for being on PDF.

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Missile Guidance

Aerospaceweb.org | Ask Us - Missile Control Systems
:cheers:

So your point is we have some parts of Astra imported from Russia. Correct and we all know thr is no point reinventing the wheel but it is always worthwhile to make a better one.

India shares a relationship with Russia similar to what Pakistan hopes to share with China. India has moved a step further in promoting indigenous development. You can cry over it and not accept it at all. You can ridicule DRDO, but deep down you know India is not in the league of failed nations at-least. :lol: :lol:

Ya I mean, it's not abt navigation, guidance or propulsion...he just so stuck up his a$$ with the seeker, he's written pages n pages on it n derailed the whole thing. Wasn't this thread about the test or something? I even tried reporting him...no effect

On being indigenous:

What matters:
a) Can it destroy the target?
b) Can you produce/buy more of them?
c) Can you make it better in future?

What does not matter:
a) Who made it first?
b) What does it look like?

for your kind info AKZO NOBEL is the company who provide paint to 60% air craft plants of world. is this new?:D

What about remaining 40%. I think india uses indigenious paints like shalimar paints , nerolac paints.:rofl:
Btw, i was talking about pakistan aero complex showing off "certficate in a/c painting" on public website! Well... Congratulations!!

:lol: Astra and MICA looks 'exactly same', so Astra is not indigenous!!!

No one pls don't try this logic, he is still learning!!!! :D

Is there any laughter challenge going on here??? :partay:

So the I know it all, does not know that the missile in picture is Super matra 530:woot:

This missile was such a failure, that french started work on Mica in no time.

Unlike some delusional, I don't claim I know all, There is lot to learn in this world.

So the I know it all, does not know that the missile in picture is Super matra 530:woot:

This missile was such a failure, that french started work on Mica in no time.

Unlike some delusional, I don't claim I know all, There is lot to learn in this world.

Teehee ^_^

NO it does not. Attention to detail is something that should be taught at schools.

Notice the tail control surface contours for example.
Dont worry Ranu, If he had actually paid attention to his own tail surface controls. I guess he would have been a much more focused debator than a misguided rocket without a seeker...:)..

Titanium always relates all missiles to his own way of thinking, so dont blame him for that:)

hello friends,I'm new on this forum and hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from intellectual superiors on my favorite topic-weapons.Thanks in advance.

hello friends,I'm new on this forum and hoping to gain a lot of knowledge from intellectual superiors on my favorite topic-weapons.Thanks in advance.

Man first introduce you in introduction section.

Have a good time:)

Guys any idea, why the range of the missile is greatly reduced in tail chase mode.:undecided:

Guys any idea, why the range of the missile is greatly reduced in tail chase mode.:undecided:

In a head on mode ...the missile can coast without burning fuel for some time ...so the fuel burns at the time of launch and at the time of closing in on the target...it coasts for intermediate time... utilizing airlift and Inertia obtained in the initial thrust.

But in Tail chase mode ...the missile has to burn Max flue to chase the target that is moving away form it ..so it constantly burns fuel in Tail chase mode. Hence less range.

In a head on mode ...the missile can coast without burning fuel for some time ...so the fuel burns at the time of launch and at the time of closing in on the target...it coasts for intermediate time... utilizing airlift and Inertia obtained in the initial thrust.

But in Tail chase mode ...the missile has to burn Max flue to chase the target that is moving away form it ..so it constantly burns fuel in Tail chase mode. Hence less range.

I have another big question lol.

While the missile is chasing the plane.

If the plane do a quick manuver and came behind the missile means, the missile will lost it no. Since the missile only have forward seeking radar:what:

Back
Top Bottom