What's new

India summons Iran ambassador,demands 'unconditional' release of oil tanker

[Bregs]

Reaction score
Country
India
Aug 27, 2013, 10.13 PM IST

NEW DELHI: India on Tuesday summoned the Iranian Ambassador to lodge a strong protest over the detention of its oil tanker over last 16 days and sought an "unconditional" release of the vessel.

Foreign secretary Sujatha Singh summoned Iranian ambassador Gholamreza Ansari to lodge the protest and demanded early release of the tanker detained by Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) since August 12.

The tanker was seized in Persian Gulf while carrying crude from Basrah in Iraq and was taken to Bandar Abbas port.

"Foreign secretary has conveyed government's strong concern at the continued detention of our ship in Port Bandar Abbas and Government of India's expectation that the ship would be released at an early date and that crew members would be treated with all due consideration and courtesy in keeping with international norms. Officials of both sides will make another effort to resolve this issue amicably," spokesperson in the ministry of external affairs said.

He also noted that it was for the second time since MV Desh Shanti was detained by Iranian authorities, India had called the Iranian Ambassador. The last such meeting took place on August 16, he said.

India was constantly engaging with Iran --both in Tehran and here, external affairs minister Salman Khurshid said while asserting that it was important that New Delhi does not concede any point and the ship has to be released "unconditionally".

Hoping that Iran will address the issue as two weeks "is really too long for something like this to happen", Khurshid said, "I am sure the decision has not been taken at the level of Central government of Iran."

Khurshid also said he was convinced that there was no scope for establishing any pollution caused by the ship. "We are little bit perplexed why this had happened and who has taken the decision."

Meanwhile, the Indian ambassador in Tehran travelled to Bandar Abbas and met the captain of the ship and the other embassy staff met the crew, official sources said.

Source: India summons Iranian ambassador, demands 'unconditional' release of oil tanker - The Times of India

Too late ....too little !

Foreign affairs ministry does it again ....n'th number of time ....only one thing it is good in doing and that is bungling up our Foreign affairs and Our clout in comity of nations !!!

Too late ....too little !

Foreign affairs ministry does it again ....n'th number of time ....only one thing it is good in doing and that is bungling up our Foreign affairs and Our clout in comity of nations !!!

I think even iran wants to show india its 'power' after india has started buying oil from iraq after the sanctions
India will get oil from somewhere else,on the other hand iran will find itself further isolated.........bad policies.........what are they thinking??

Iran tells the Yanks to go F themselves and India thinks Iran even gives a damn about India? :rofl:

India won't be buying much oil as oil demand in India will collapse as the Indian economy and Rupee has totally collapsed. The Indian growth story is over.

These Iranians are nothing but drama queens. I remeber they took a bunch of Royal Marines and Navy servicemen and woman "hostage" a few years ago then paraded them on TV forcing them to read prepared statements saying the Royal Navy was in the wrong.

These Iranians are nothing but drama queens. I remeber they took a bunch of Royal Marines and Navy servicemen and woman "hostage" a few years ago then paraded them on TV forcing them to read prepared statements saying the Royal Navy was in the wrong.

Iran is one of the friendly countries we got, I wont want India to lose a friend.. unless its iran's fault.

Iran is one of the friendly countries we got, I wont want India to lose a friend.. unless its iran's fault.

However Iran is not friendly to the UK specially in the situation when they took Royal navy servicemen hostage & were telecasting them on the national TV! like WTF

However Iran is not friendly to the UK specially in the situation when they took Royal navy servicemen hostage & were telecasting them on the national TV! like WTF

I am talking about friendly to India, not UK. They dont have good relation with west, I know. Hope it changes.

I am talking about friendly to India, not UK. They dont have good relation with west, I know. Hope it changes.

So you want them to improve ties with one of your selected Flag country but not the other, I see what you done there.

I hope they grow up & stop living in the past because we can make their wish come true.

Iran tells the Yanks to go F themselves and India thinks Iran even gives a damn about India? :rofl:

India won't be buying much oil as oil demand in India will collapse as the Indian economy and Rupee has totally collapsed. The Indian growth story is over.

I read somewhere that the GoI will have to pay back a staggering US$150 billion to its western lenders by sometime next year. Does someone has any definite knowledge about this? If true, then this re-payment of big money, which was borrowed when money was cheap and was spent lavishly in showcase projects, is causing the fall of Indian currency.

So you want them to improve ties with one of your selected Flag country but not the other, I see what you done there.

I hope they grow up & stop living in the past because we can make their wish come true.

I said they are friendly to India and hope they become friendly to west. which other flag have I got.. :lol:

I read somewhere that the GoI will have to pay back a staggering US$150 billion to its western lenders by sometime next year. Does someone has any definite knowledge about this? If true, then this re-payment of big money, which was borrowed when money was cheap and was spent lavishly in showcase projects, is causing the fall of Indian currency.

Yup they have a massive bill payment coming due very soon.

They are on a one way street to failed state status.

I see absolutely nothing changing. India is corrupt to the core, their population is illiterate, rape is a massive problem, open defecation, submarines exploding, massive current account and budget deficits, currency collapsing, etc.

Just look what a farce the 2010 Commonwealth Games turned out to be. That just summed up their entire country.

India has no future.

I said they are friendly to India and hope they become friendly to west. which other flag have I got.. :lol:

Whatever you traitor :lol:

Read your messages from the top & then you will know what you sounded like.

Back
Top Bottom