What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WoW WoW WoW WoW WoW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angel::victory:
Big news I love Rafale but I have a Question rafale has short of thrust is it make any problem and did MoD release any detail of technical evaluation detail

Add to that the tiny AESA radar, ~850 modules vs proposed ~1500 on the tiffy. It may hamper it's performance against LO fighters in future when everyones starts to field AESAs and long range AAMs.
IAF knows excactly what they want from MMRCA, whatever they choose would be the one that fits their doctrin the best.

So how much advanced is Rafale when compared to -16's block 50's

Rafale has brand new model while f-16's are based on 1980's outdated models. Rafale has more range and payload capability than f-16's
and J-10's,???? ;)
Rafale has brand new model while f-16's are based on 1980's outdated models. Rafale has more range and payload capability than f-16's

I dont know why are you comparing tiger and fox.

HERE WE GO FOLKS EF VS RAFALE ,LETZ THE FIGHT BEGINNNN.....
:p:lol:
rafalevtyphoon.jpg

Source : Wikipedia:

The French government has cleared full technology transfer of the Rafale to India, including that of the RBE2-AA Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar (which will be integrated with the Rafale by 2010[30]) and the transfer of software source codes, which will allow Indian scientists to re-programme a radar or any sensitive equipment if need be.[29] Without the software source codes, the IAF would have to specify mission parameters to foreign manufacturers to enable configuration of their radar, seriously compromising security in the process.

Eurofighter is offering the Tranche-3 Typhoon for the Indian requirement, equipped with the Captor-E (CAESAR) AESA radar. EADS has invited India to become a partner of the Eurofighter Typhoon programme if the Typhoon wins the contract, and will be given technological and development participation in future tranches of the Typhoon.[35] Bernhard Gerwert, CEO of EADS Defense Department, elaborated that if India becomes the fifth partner of the Eurofighter programme, it will be able to manufacture assemblies for new Eurofighters.

Updated bids were requested by the MOD in April 2010. The IAF was to complete an evaluation report on the six fighters in July 2010 and then begin to shortlist them based on the air force's evaluations.[96] A report suggested Rafale and Typhoon were in the final stage.[97]
The Sunday Telegraph reported in November 2010 that the Eurofighter Typhoon was leading the competition on "technical terms". Now Indian government will take its strategic decision.[98] On 18 December 2010, the IAF chief stated that the "evaluation of the fighters has been completed and the matter is now with the Ministry of Defence". He was hopeful the deal would be signed by July next year [2011]".[99] It was reported on 27 April 2011 that only Eurofighter Typhoon and Dassault Rafale made the cut to the shortlist.

so we would be getting rafale with aesa or eft with thrust vectoring. right???

Mr! Rather than waste my time with useless talk! You need to pay close attention what your fellow Indian "jatt" posted below with a detail example omitted here: My response was to his query who is clubbing MMRCA with Tejas, in point of fact admitting Tejas failure earlier and that is what I pointed out in my reply how Pakistan has gone far ahead with its programme.

Continued...

Infact, India needs "serious" help from foreigners for its 'Indegenious' Aircrafts, which makes Failed Tejas development part of the deal with French & European counterparts i.e MMRCA deal includes incomplete Tejas/LCAs Development.

Am only pointing out the failures of India; secondly how best to utilize billions, and I feel no harm in being helpful to guest Indians on my forum, defence.pk.

Thirdly, LCA is a failure because no operational squadrons in IAF service, engine problems and testing problems with unsatisfied IAF pilots. Indian requirements keep changing which is as much a failure I guess. I do not feel the need to do research on a fighter aircraft which is not even a threat to PAF or anyone. :rofl:

Lastly,Honestly how much is one Su 30 MKI costing India, that is the unit price? How HAL has helped to reduce the price by just assembling a plane in its factory ?

Your JF-17 is as much indigenous as SU 30 MKI is ..
Russian engine in both.
You get the kit from China and assemble in your country.

Think about it ..
Pakistan does not even makes a car.how can it make a jet.
Pakistan is nothing but a client state of China and is happy to get whatever crumbs it can from China.

Whats the point of buying so many MKI ,EF or Rafale unless they get a chance to fly in the Pakistani airspace??

I have a feeling.

I think both Rafale and EF are heading for India. :woot:

Why is every Indian member here rooting for Rafael not the EF?

Coz of limited capabilities in A2Gs, delay in AESA, higher cost etc.

But I still back EF...!!

Why?

We can wait till EF T3 comes, there is dedicated attack air craft with us which will be there till T3 comes..

And money doesn't matter, we have enough money now..!!

Whats the point of buying so many MKI ,EF or Rafale unless they get a chance to fly in the Pakistani airspace??

Guys..What is this Trolling ..? Cant you guys spare any thread...

Some people cant digest the MRCA selection is actually happening. ;)

The Americans truly didn't deserve the Indian order, they got what was coming to them, playing both sides. They antagonized Pakistan so much to get this deal, hopefully when they come crawling back we will be looking towards China too.

The Americans have their hands full with billions of dollars in Indian defence contracts already excluding this one;

147 M777 Howitzers, about 10 (additional 6) C-17s, 6 (another optional 6) C 130Js , 8+4 P-8Is, Most possibly the 22 Apache Longbow attack helis, Chinooks transport helis etc.

This is pretty much huge for a relative new comer.

Back
Top Bottom