What's new

India, SA to back each other for UNSC seat

AkhandBharath

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: While pushing for reforms in international institutions, including UNSC, India and South Africa on Friday announced support to each other’s candidatures for the non-permanent seat for the 2011-2012 term. PM Manmohan Singh said after his meeting with President Jacob Zuma that the two leaders had also agreed to focus on the “expansion of our economic, trade and investment relationship”.

“We will step up our efforts for the reform of global institutions of governance, including of the United Nations Security Council. We have agreed to support each other’s candidatures for the non-permanent seat for the 2011-2012 term,” Singh said.

The two leaders emphasized the need for reform of the United Nations to render it more “democratic and consistent with the priorities of the developing world”.

Singh also used the opportunity to convey his best ishes to Zuma for the “grand success” of the football World Cup. Zuma, in turn, thanked India for its support. He congratulated India on hosting the Commonwealth Games later this year and wished it success. “India is behind us,” Zuma said.

India, SA to back each other for UNSC seat - India - The Times of India

There should be a permanent member from the African continent. South Africa is a good candidate.

i prefer India and South Africa. i dont like Brazil as its not similar to India and South Africa. Brazil kind of enemy type (in future to india) while South Africa is like friend to our India.

i prefer India and South Africa. i dont like Brazil as its not similar to India and South Africa. Brazil kind of enemy type (in future to india) while South Africa is like friend to our India.

Why brazil is enemy????

All the present members aspiring for UN Permanent Membership deserve the Seat. ( Japan , Brazil, South Africa , India ).

There could be couple of more seats.

1. Nigeria ( More Representation for Africa )
2. Saudi ( Representing Islamic view point )

India fair enough, 15% of the world's population and the next 21st centuary superpower (along with China), Japan 3rd largest economy in the world. But South Africa? and an Islamic seat? Islam is a religion of "peace" and should not get involved in polotics (although it already has) Islam is not a nation and as such should not be given a seat just because through their aggressive and ruthless missionary and conversion agenda they are the world's fastest growing religion.

Indianarmy i think brazil not a friend of india. Although they claim they friend of india but i think they aint. i remember our president's visit at brazil and it didn't went well.

troll alert...50 cent has its eyes on this thread now...:rofl:

SA,India to back each other for UNSC seat? so seriously, who will get the seat finally? none, both?:argh:

Never under estimate the value of 50 cents, two posts could make a huge difference for half of your population. :yahoo:

SA,India to back each other for UNSC seat? so seriously, who will get the seat finally? none, both?:argh:

Never under estimate the value of 50 cents, two posts could make a huge difference for half of your population. :yahoo:

another 50 cent member...and how much they pay you to keep the slaves in China misinformed...?? at least u have lot of money at the expense of the billion of slaves...haha..

India, SA then who else? Burma? why not Maldives too....
Man I am buying a island in caribean.. anybody wants to buy its citizenship as its going to be the next UNSC full member with veto power...

Thank god this Brotherhood is suspended! these people intentionally come to Indian threads which has something to do with progress and start trolling!! wat do they actually get out of these I have no idea :undecided::undecided:

India, SA then who else? Burma? why not Maldives too....
Man I am buying a island in caribean.. anybody wants to buy its citizenship as its going to be the next UNSC full member with veto power...

First buy some books about how to speak and debate in a forum.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom