What's new

India Reinvents Obsolete F-16s

LOL the joke is on the joker who posted this article, if F-16 and it's engines are obsolete then why is the muslim ummah supa powa still using it?? I wonder where these articles come up from anywyas ... im still laughing at the poster's stupidity :rofl:

When will pakistanis learn that even in its current guise the LCA mk1 is a better more advanced fighter then the JFT THUNDER.

Minimum acceptance standards between PAF & IAF are miles apart.

Hence why LCA has been delayed and is behind JFT induction by several years

LCA : g-limits: +9/−3.5 g[97
More Maneuverable : LCA

LCAs G-limits are lower than JF 17s so far, the FOC might bring it to the same or higher levels and that alone does not make LCA more maneuverable. TWRs, wingloadings, turn rates... must be taken to account as well.

J-17 : Maximum speed: Mach 1.6
LCA :Maximum speed: Mach 1.8

LCA currently has achieved Mach 1.6, so it's equal so far.

LCAs G-limits are lower than JF 17s so far, the FOC might bring it to the same or higher levels and that alone does not make LCA more maneuverable. TWRs, wingloadings, turn rates... must be taken to account as well.

dude can u provide some source for what ur saying. the g limits of the aircraft is depends on the design. it has been designed for +9/−3.5 g limits.

So Lets Check:

JF17 :Empty Weight : 6,586 kg
LCA : Empty Wight : 6,560 kg
LCA is lighter

JF-17 Max. takeoff weight: 12,383 kg
LCA: Max. takeoff weight: 13,200 kg
Carry more fuel and Weapons LCA

JF-17 : G-limit: +8 g / -3 g

LCA : g-limits: +9/−3.5 g[97
More Maneuverable : LCA

JG-17 Internal Fuel Capacity: 2,300 kg
LCA: Internal fuel capacity: 2,458 kg

J-17 : Maximum speed: Mach 1.6
LCA :Maximum speed: Mach 1.8

Now See Production :
JF-17 Block 1 – Production in China began in June 2006. The first eight Small Batch Production (SBP) aircraft, using the second prototype configuration, were produced in China and delivered to the PAF's JF-17 Test & Evaluation Flight from March 2007[to early 2008. A contract between the PAF and CATIC for 42 serial production aircraft was signed in March 2009. The first three Chinese weapons to be integrated are the PL-5E II AAM, SD-10 AAM and C-802K anti-shipping missile. PL-5E II integration was completed in mid 2010.

While Till now India has produced
2 Nos TD
5 Nos PV
6 Nos LSP + 2 Planned (For AirForce Use)
after that 1-40 Production Unit after that Block-11 will start (Engine / Radar is finalized/ Designed Freeze)

If you Know Rafael / Euro Fighter is also based on Delta Wing concept of 60's ..........
Jf-17 is a joined project of china and PAK, and in fact, this project is mainly to help PAK to build the aero industry. I don't think china will buy this palne, Because we have better indigenous plane-j10. I don't mean Jf-17 not good, But I also don't support PAK inducted too much JF-17, I hope they can learn from it, and later can improve this plane by theirself, even design a new and better plane, that's the purpose of the JF-17 plane, For PAk, JF-17 is strategic project for their aero industry, It is more important thant itself.
Compared with LCA, JF-17 has been inducted, It is also a question that when LCA can be inducted, and even now India try to make other version of LCA to meet other military service need, It is good thinking, But I don't think it is wise, If you can't solve problem of the basic version, Don't do this, maybe this will lead to more problem to solve, many times, It will waste more time and money to solve problem in production than in designing.
China and PAk don't stop to upgrade JF-17, and I believe that years later, China must be transfer the J10 technology to PAK, Just like China support PAK MBT industry, What we give is not the best, But it is useful for their sustainable and independent industry.
In my eyes, LCA is a failed project completely, It take too much time, and it is based on indigenousness, But later, Indian have to choose foreign technical assistance, not a little, but to much, And even now, You have no braveness to stop it, and you government reach for what is beyond your grasp, then have to persist in this project to save your face, you will waste more time.
When you mock at chinese "copy" capability, we reach the phase of designing J-20. Indian aero industry, not only this, have too much problem, the root cause is your mind!!!

Jf-17 is a joined project of china and PAK, and in fact, this project is mainly to help PAK to build the aero industry. I don't think china will buy this palne, Because we have better indigenous plane-j10. I don't mean Jf-17 not good, But I also don't support PAK inducted too much JF-17, I hope they can learn from it, and later can improve this plane by theirself, even design a new and better plane, that's the purpose of the JF-17 plane, For PAk, JF-17 is strategic project for their aero industry, It is more important thant itself.
Compared with LCA, JF-17 has been inducted, It is also a question that when LCA can be inducted, and even now India try to make other version of LCA to meet other military service need, It is good thinking, But I don't think it is wise, If you can't solve problem of the basic version, Don't do this, maybe this will lead to more problem to solve, many times, It will waste more time and money to solve problem in production than in designing.
China and PAk don't stop to upgrade JF-17, and I believe that years later, China must be transfer the J10 technology to PAK, Just like China support PAK MBT industry, What we give is not the best, But it is useful for their sustainable and independent industry.
In my eyes, LCA is a failed project completely, It take too much time, and it is based on indigenousness, But later, Indian have to choose foreign technical assistance, not a little, but to much, And even now, You have no braveness to stop it, and you government reach for what is beyond your grasp, then have to persist in this project to save your face, you will waste more time.
When you mock at chinese "copy" capability, we reach the phase of designing J-20. Indian aero industry, not only this, have too much problem, the root cause is your mind!!!

1. FAILURE IS WHEN U DECIDE TO GIVE UP.

2. Thanks for accepting jFT17 is sub standard compared to J10s. Now they can stop comparing it to our MKIs :D

3. We don't give a rats as$ as to what is your opinion abt LCA.

4. Give the specifications of J20 first with link. Then we will decide what are your capabilities. ( proper source )

Well every thing is achieved , Mach 1.8 (2,138 km/h) at high altitude, till now the test plane has hit the speed barrier till1.6 and in phase they will increase the speed test unto limit, like LCA test till 16,000 FT with engine reignited test also, it consent mean it will not beyond 16,000 ft

actually speaking there is no info on the various tests of JFT on the net....all the stuff you guys talk about are the ones on the hoardings ....and as such are not reliable for comparisons -----since you guys do not accept the values on the hoardings of the LCA.......LCA is being tested and you dont test a plane to its limits unless you have acheived all the parameters (of other components -wepons , radar etc) and as such the test results only prove that the stuff is going according to plan and not the test for its limits....simple...
if pakistani members have reliable sources showing the various tests of JFT that it appears to have you can post and then we can compare it to test results of LCA....i.e if it has been tested with vaious components before it was inducted

Well every thing is achieved , Mach 1.8 (2,138 km/h) at high altitude, till now the test plane has hit the speed barrier till1.6 and in phase they will increase the speed test unto limit, like LCA test till 16,000 FT with engine reignited test also, it consent mean it will not beyond 16,000 ft
Er........wrong information dude.
Tejas' max speed is 1.6Mach and the Max 'G' is +8 to -3.5.
The next set of LSP's will be used to increase the AoA from the current 21+ to around 28 Degrees,setting it up for the FOC.
Service ceiling is around 50 thousand feet.
Link

Minimum acceptance standards between PAF & IAF are miles apart.

In the mean time the MiG-21 will continue to fly (and cause headaches)

Hence why LCA has been delayed and is behind JFT induction by several years

Because we don't trust our own industry and will continue to import aircraft BECAUSE we can

Research did you know the mean or this world. Let me show you your J-20.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude can u provide some source for what ur saying. the g limits of the aircraft is depends on the design. it has been designed for +9/−3.5 g limits.

And we know that LCA currently faces some drag and FCS issues, that's why not all of the performance specs could be achived so far.

Wrt G-limit:

...ADA said in a statement that the following would bridge the gap between initial and final operational clearance: integration of beyond visual range weapons, gun, rockets, guided and unguided bombs, and the further expansion of its flight envelope to -3.5 to 8G (-2 to 6G for IOC) and 24-degrees angle of attack (22 for IOC).

Livefist: IAF Grudgingly Accepts Tejas IOC, Wants 83 Mk-IIs

No it has not and there is no need for us to claim about these things, because the Pakistani members have a fair point to say that JF 17 is ahead so far, since it is inducted into operational service!
LCA is still under development and available in numerous prototype version only. To some extend IAF is the cause for this, because they want to induct it only when all performance requirements will be met. But until that happens, we can only talk about the achievments of the LCA prototypes compared to JF 17 in operational service in PAF and testing flights in China.

So instead of silly flame baits, we should accept the current advantage of JF 17 and look forward to the time serial production and induction will be started, because then things will change since LCA already have some good advantages in several fields (you showed some of the earlier) and has the higher potential too!

As for LCA CRITCISM we have top accept it

LCA is far from a successfull fighter and i fear it will be abolished by the RAFALE MMRCA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom