What's new

India ready to export cruise missiles: official

Sorry, Correction: Actually, Brahmos 2 would be hypersonic with the same range. And the 700 km variant (Nirbhay) will be subsonic cruize missile.

BrahMos-2 hypersonic missile to be 'uninerceptable'?, page 1

DRDO To Develop Long Range, Subsonic Cruise Missile | India Defence

Don't worry about speed and range we have Shaurya a hypersonic cruise missile with 750 kilometers range.

The Nirbhay missile is not tested but Shaurya is.

Shaurya surfaces as India's underwater nuclear missile

Good weapon. I believe only RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile can take down Brahmos.

Good weapon. I believe only RIM-162 Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile can take down Brahmos.

1. ESSM is to protect the ships. What about Air to land and land to land Brahmos. Who will counter it. Our weapons are made for defense, Keeping in mind the hostile China and Pakistan, both of them don't have any counter to it. Moreover, US is friendly country.

2. Even ESSM can't counter hypersonic Brahmos.

I was also confused about the term but it clearly said that India will buy up to 1,000 in the next decade, and export some 500 to other countries during the same period.

Now i dont know why India could purchase BrahMos Block-2 when India is already into the joint project with Russia.

BrahMos is a joint venture between India's Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Russia's NPO Mashinostroeyenia who have together formed the BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited. So Indian Army has to buy from this company and DRDO will build its Shareholder Equity. It should have said Indian Army will buy up to 1000 in the next decade.
Good thing once the first sale of BrahMos is done it should silence the critics who say India spends money on missiles but not on its poor. Well it would be then India INVESTS money on Missile technology.

Last edited:
Are the CEO and the board of directors for this company all Indian? if so then the Thread topic would be correct.

no russians r also present in this,this cooperation is created only to determine that weapon does not find its way into the rival hand when exported

u back?:woot:

as far as providing Pakistan ur CJ-10: U SHOULD.

stick with topic mate!

my post is 100% within the topic of this thread.

india wants to export its curise missiles developed with russia.
then I said China should export its own to Pakistan to ensure the balance.

please stop trolling.

Back
Top Bottom