What's new

India railway failings 'like massacre'

In HK we have these nice glass barriers in the MTR stations that prevent anyone falling onto the tracks even by accident.

5285071972_8f28f453db.jpg

5285072116_f944db9f4e.jpg

Maybe some of these people wanted to die. It happens all the time.
As for safety barriers, India is very lax when it comes to public safety. There is a lack of standardization, self discipline, and due diligence.

Could India pick our high-speed rail for its coming upgrade of railway system. :pop:

We have huge price advantage, and its quality now even surpasses that of Japan.

Why pick their old Shinkansen over our new technology? :coffee:

Depends on a lot of factors.First of all China has to prove leaders in this technology. Then there is the 'loan' factor. For example my state Kerala is planning to build HSR on loan provided by Japan. Its a soft loan (1.5% interest) that could be re payed over 50 years out of which there is no need to pay for the first 10 years after commencing operation. The only catch is that we should use Japanese technology thats not much an issue as Japanese are known for their bullet trains.

Sometimes you just do not realised how fast a train can travel

i didn't believe it at first. 15,000 is a huge number by any means...
after viewing the video i start believing it. ppl crossing rail track like crossing bicycle lane and their homes/shops/living areas are just built inches away from rail track.

Depends on a lot of factors.First of all China has to prove leaders in this technology. Then there is the 'loan' factor. For example my state Kerala is planning to build HSR on loan provided by Japan. Its a soft loan (1.5% interest) that could be re payed over 50 years out of which there is no need to pay for the first 10 years after commencing operation. The only catch is that we should use Japanese technology thats not much an issue as Japanese are known for their bullet trains.

Fair enough. A level play field does not only benefit the vendors like Japan or China, but also the best interest of India. China definitely can meet the challenge and stand out from the market competition.

This is the difference between us and the civilized world I guess. They are not youngsters trying to seek thrill but normal pedestrians. when there is no bridge for a mile, what will you do? walk a mile and then use the bridge or just cross the track ? Even if the people are ignorant, it is the duty government and of the railways to make sure there is no chance of people getting hurt. poor people's lives has no value in our country.

How do you not see a train coming when you are crossing the tracks? If you're that blind, you deserve to get hit. No law or regulation can overcome stupidity.

Seriously, you can spot a train from a mile away. It's not like those things move in complete silence.

I think I have enough time to escape even bullettrain coming.
:azn:

Unfortunately thats what everyone thinks when crossing the rail tracks. It is the same attitude that results in so many deaths. Sadly there is no second chance for most.

i didn't believe it at first. 15,000 is a huge number by any means...
after viewing the video i start believing it. ppl crossing rail track like crossing bicycle lane and their homes/shops/living areas are just built inches away from rail track.

They are all illegal constructions and yes Indians are dumb when it comes to obeying safety regulations. Thats why I am very much worried about the safety of HSR to be built in India. Evenafter giving safety lessons after safety lessons, one fine day some dumb poor SOB will herd his goats right into the path of bullet train or take a short cut to his home and bam.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

I think I have enough time to escape even bullettrain coming.
:azn:

Thats not confidence..thats over confidence.

The old rails are better off than psedo bullet trains which will fall like nine pins and kill innocent citizens who wanted to enjoy the so called new technology ;)

In India more than 8 Billion people travel by train every year compared to just 1.6 Billion in China in 2010. China has double the route length than India but still 1/5 times less people travelling on train. China Railways have very less pressure on railways than India.

In India more than 8 Billion people travel by train every year compared to just 1.6 Billion in China in 2010. China has double the route length than India but still 1/5 times less people travelling on train. China Railways have very less pressure on railways than India.

the problem is, 1 billion out of those 1.6 billion are concentrated on about 6 days... that is why we have to build overcapacity, if we build to capacity, then the trains would jam completely on New Years.

Are you a superman !!!!!!!:azn:

no, I am not super man. I say it based on my own experience.
twenty years ago in my childhoood, I played often on railways. "put coin on railway, after train passed then tried to find the coin."
train is huge. you can see and hear it far far away.

at present day, I dont even have a chance to cross a railway. everywhere barriers.

Back
Top Bottom