What's new

India plotted to 'Invade Bangladesh' in 1975.

No actually we invaded Bangladesh in 1971 to make it a sovereign country.

:raise: Are you a poet. I ve seen one of your in pdf some days back.
That was nice. It requires some talents to write English poems being bengali.
You know M. Modhushudhon failed.

I can make poem forcefully, not write naturally, I just looked for words to look like a rhyme, nothing special, just a matter of practice

So Zia told that story to get US backing for his military rule because USA was suspicious of India as we were close to USSR.

Big fcking revelation this. Apocryphal, motivated and without any credible argument even, let alone substantive evidence. Enough for people looking for their relevance in conspiracy theories though. An impending attack on BD would have required huge military planning in India. We did not even attack BD in 1965 when they were not even defended because we are not dumb, like some conspiracy theorists.

1003175_10200540274845025_520219789_n.jpg

So Zia told that story to get US backing for his military rule because USA was suspicious of India as we were close to USSR.

Big fcking revelation this. Apocryphal, motivated and without any credible argument even, let alone substantive evidence. Enough for people looking for their relevance in conspiracy theories though. An impending attack on BD would have required huge military planning in India. We did not even attack BD in 1965 when they were not even defended because we are not dumb, like some conspiracy theorists.

@ In 1965, the East Pakistan had probably 4 x Brigrade, they were deplopyed as follows :

1. ! x Brigade at Rangpur Area covering whole of Rajshahi Division.
2. ! x Brigade at Jessore Area covering Khulna Division.
3. 1 x Brigade at Dacca covering Mymensingh, Tangail and Dacca itself.
4. 1 x Brigade at Commilla covering Sylhet and Chittagong.

Besides during that times there were huge numbers of Mujahids and Answeres were recruited. Pakistan Eastern Air Force had only squdron of Sabre Jet. It was true that Pakistan high command neglected the security of East Pakistan. Infact their policy was that the "Security of East Pakistan lies on the Western Sector". They gave more importance in the West than East.

@ But still I will say India never dared to attack in Eastern Sector rather they did not had that capability to fight in two sectors ??? Comparatively Indian army was inferior than Pakistan Army in those days.

@ But still I will say India never dared to attack in Eastern Sector rather they did not had that capability to fight in two sectors ??? Comparatively Indian army was inferior than Pakistan Army in those days.

Is that a joke or what?In 1971?

@ In 1965, the East Pakistan had probably 4 x Brigrade, they were deplopyed as follows :

1. ! x Brigade at Rangpur Area covering whole of Rajshahi Division.
2. ! x Brigade at Jessore Area covering Khulna Division.
3. 1 x Brigade at Dacca covering Mymensingh, Tangail and Dacca itself.
4. 1 x Brigrade at Commilla covering Sylhet and Chittagong.

Besides during that times there were huge numbers of Mujahids and Answeres were recruited. Pakistan Eastern Air Force had only squdron of Sabre Jet. It was true that Pakistan high command neglected the security of East Pakistan. Infact their policy was that the "Security of East Pakistan lies on the Western Sector". They gave more importance in the West than East.

then what you call those 97000 who surrendered to that inferior army ?

It was true that Pakistan high command neglected the security of East Pakistan. Infact their policy was that the "Security of East Pakistan lies on the Western Sector". They gave more importance in the West than East

Akmal Bhai
, I've talked to a few people from those times, some of them belonged to the Armed Forces & they've opined that the concept of the 'Defense of the East Lies in the West' wasn't a policy based on some absurd notion of West-Pakistanis thinking that the Bengalis were an inferior race belonging to an inferior land & were they destroyed by India - It would be alright ! But rather that it was a policy formulated on primarily 3 considerations :

(i) the Pakistan Armed Forces was much less than the Indian Armed Forces even in those times but was needed to defend an enormous amount of territory that was separated from each other by perhaps a 1000 miles & so some selective deployment was something that must be done otherwise no area would be protected without sacrificing some strength in other areas.

(ii) it was determined that any flash points between India & Pakistan in a future conflict would be either across the LOC (as we later called it) in Kashmir, on Upper Punjab whilst tank battles would be fought in Southern Punjab & Sindh - Exactly how its been postulated to be even now !

East Pakistan owing to its terrain was considered unsuitable for any tank battle to be fought there.

(iii) Most of India's Armed Forces were concentrated on her Western Front (West-Pakistan) & not that many on the Eastern Front (East-Pakistan) therefore it was determined that any future conflict will involve an escalation on the Western Front !

Another conspiracy theory ...... Something that the bangladeshis have in common with the pakistanis ....... :lol:

Nobody in their right mind will try to invade bangladesh ...... not worth anything .

Another conspiracy theory ...... Something that the bangladeshis have in common with the pakistanis ....... :lol:

Nobody in their right mind will try to invade bangladesh ...... not worth anything .

I would. To finish a certain unfinished operation.:angel:

Back
Top Bottom