What's new

India & Pakistan Ceasefire Violations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not so bad. I wonder why there were sparks?

Maybe the infiltrators were trying to rig up an alternate connection so the circuit doesn't break when you cut off the fence. Maybe that alerted the Indians. Otherwise I don't think we'd be infiltrating right under a sentry's nose.

It seems like some of them made it across thats why they are not outright denying it.

About PAK's involvement. It's odd that PAK called for a meeting not the other way round. If PAK had violated India would be demanding an explanation. Instead Pak demanded an explanation as to why India broke the ceasefire.

Such things are normal up there.

What would 5-6 infiltrators achieve in Kashmir anyway?

For starters... increase in police and paramilitary personnel and accompanying searches... which causes inconvenience to innocent civilians...

What would 5-6 infiltrators achieve in Kashmir anyway?

Even though infiltration is down, according to official sources, anywhere between 300-400 cross over every year.

Now that the snow is melting along the LOC, expect the number of encounters to rice a couple of notches.

It seems that the "talked out" support staff is going to have a busy season this year.

The blame game cannot stop, i just said in another thread that this honeymoon we are on with the indians will end pretty much soon. The other day pakistan was accused of covertly sponspering terrorism and now this and then they need to have a dialouge,what a waste of time:disagree:

The honeymoon is still on.

This violation is after a long time and so it is hot news!!

and inian interference from afghanistan in baluchistan, i think things are recipirical

Where is the Pakistani firing in this version?

Seems an attempted infiltration occurred, and the GoI decided to use it as a propaganda tool to blame the Rangers for a ceasefire violation.

Going by the above story, if the BSF spotted the infiltration and fired, and had grenades thrown at it by the infiltrators, perhaps the Pakistani side retaliated to what they assumed was firing from the BSF, and the BSF though it was "covering fire".

I will tell you where is the pakistani version. We don't cry like babies StealthA should goto sailkot Sector and just stand at the border in side Pakistan he will find out in about 10 sec is he going up :wave:or is he going down :chilli: and this happens every day. If we start complaining or nagging about it news paper will be filled with complaints and photos of dead Pakistani men. Army and civilians.

India Issues Strict Warning To Pakistan Over Ceasefire Violations
Dated 14/5/2008

Violating a truce that has been in force since 2003, Pakistani troops opened fire on Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, an incident that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh described as worrisome.

'It is worrisome. The issue is being taken up at the military level,' the prime minister told reporters on the sidelines of a defence investiture ceremony in New Delhi Wednesday.

The incident, however, will not lead to any rescheduling of President Pratibha Patil's visit to the LoC on May 23, officials in New Delhi said.Senior officers of the two armies spoke on the hotline Wednesday to resolve the imbroglio that erupted Tuesday night.The director general of military operations (DGMO), Lt. Gen. A.S. Sekhon, spoke on the hotline to his Pakistani counterpart Maj. Gen. A.S. Pasha at 3 p.m., an Indian Army officer said in New Delhi.

'It was also decided to hold a flag meeting as soon as possible. The modalities for this are being worked out,' he added.According to the officer, this was the first time that firing along the LoC was being classified as a truce violation.'In the past too, Pakistani troops have opened fire in support of infiltrators who were trying to sneak across. The fire was returned from our side.

'This time, there was no infiltration involved and our troops did not return fire. Therefore, we have classified it as a truce violation. We hope this will not recur,' the officer said. The DGMOs normally speak on the hotline once a week on Tuesdays.Indian Army spokesman Lt. Col. A.K. Mathur said in Srinagar the incident took place in the Tangdhar sector of the LoC in north Kashmir Tuesday night.

'Pakistani troops resorted to unprovoked firing at our posts,' he said.'They fired scores of rounds. However, we did not retaliate,' Mathur added.There were no casualties on the Indian side.

India Issues Strict Warning To Pakistan Over Ceasefire Violations | India Defence

What was the warning, don't fire during our lunch break:rofl:.

Frankly, the warning is to appease the local tension and anger in India, in the wake of Jaipur blasts, which I believe have been carried out to incite communal tensions within India.

The warning gives out the message, to the Indian population, that the Indian government is "acting tough" on cross-border terrorism.

On a side note, you noticed how the Jaipur blasts, and the previous ones too, are carried out near/at religious sites. Further, a new pattern is emerging; blasts "against" Hindus take place on Tuesdays (the day when most devotees visit temples), while blasts "against" Muslims take place on Fridays. I just hope my countrymen realize that these are blasts against India.

Funny, isn’t it? These groups are no longer are just "terrorizing," they are now "terrorizing and dissecting."

Vish:

There was also an article quoting intel sources in pakistan that indicated that "banned groups" were attempting to fan sectarian hatred and incite violence in Pakistan.

This is a major, major problem, and I hope that the CBM's can continue regardless of the attempts to derail them, and out of peace between India and Pakistan we can combat this menace more effectively.

On the "violation" - IIRC, the Pakistanis aren't even saying the "Indians started it" (typically both sides blame each other) - they are saying that nothing happened, and they have no idea what India is talking about.

Perhaps your explanation of "appearing tough" to appease sections of the electorate is a valid one.

Nothing will change!

It is all hot air!

Paper Tigers!

All talk and no go!

I am not talking of war. I am alluding to better intelligence and surveillance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom