What's new

India overtakes Japan to become third- largest economy in ppp terms.

Chinese-Dragon should probably have balanced his quotation with a positive statement about India's economy. It's a sensitive topic in what's supposed to be a celebratory thread.

:lol: CD?? you are surely new here :)

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assuming current rates of growth continue, the IMF predicts that India will be #9 in 2017. Italy will be surpassed, but Brazil/France/UK/Russia will still be ahead, never mind Germany and Japan. #3 is harder than it sounds.

okk go and have a look at estimates given in 2004 by the same bank. it said india will be a 1.8 trillion and china 4 trillion europe will be still bigger than china and india in 2020. its 2012 both have already gone way far than expectations. first they said china will be biggest by 2043 then 2035 then 2027 then 2016. let them delay it gives them good night sleep.

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Assuming current rates of growth continue, the IMF predicts that India will be #9 in 2017. Italy will be surpassed, but Brazil/France/UK/Russia will still be ahead, never mind Germany and Japan. #3 is harder than it sounds.

That is very true.

China had the 2nd largest GDP by PPP for ages and ages, but it was only when we became #2 largest economy by market rates that it actually became official.

The reason the Americans don't like to use nominal GDP for China, is because they believe our currency is undervalued. Which means that nominal GDP by market rates would underestimate the size of our economy by a significant margin.

Parkland, don't waste time replying to trolls.. They have a job that pays for such posting..

My Chinese friends, you seemed to be more concerned by news regarding India's GDP by PPP.. Show some concern for the 100000 people getting displaced by your 3 megaton nuke proof Three gorges Dam.. Is it true that it is breaking apart?

okk go and have a look at estimates given in 2004 by the same bank. it said india will be a 1.8 trillion and china 4 trillion europe will be still bigger than china and india in 2020. its 2012 both have already gone way far than expectations. first they said china will be biggest by 2043 then 2035 then 2027 then 2016. let them delay it gives them good night sleep.

Everyone has gone beyond expectations.. Your point?

Some people here have a fragile ego where any reality check that interrupts their chest-beating is called trolling.

Come'on Developereo, what fragile ego are you talking about? I don't think the news shows any bad reflection of India by any means.. It just shows that we are improving and intent was never to say that we are any better than Japan.. But some known faces want to put a different message to the thread which it really does not want to convey and sadly these known faces are from one known place and known very well to troll on any India specific thread..

Now, if you still think somebody got hurt by any link which they have already posted like million times on PDF then I am sorry to say, you are wrong.. ;)

My Chinese friends, you seemed to be more concerned by news regarding India's GDP by PPP.. Show some concern for the 100000 people getting displaced by your 3 megaton nuke proof Three gorges Dam.. Is it true that it is breaking apart?

Such a strange demand. The three gorges dam is entirely irrelevant to this topic, I might even get modded for off-topic discussion if I do so. Why do you resent the informative links and explanations of economic theory that we've provided?

Such a strange demand. The three gorges dam is entirely irrelevant to this topic, I might even get modded for off-topic discussion if I do so. Why do you resent the informative links and explanations of economic theory that we've provided?

Excuse us with your theories, please.. Our world is running smooth even without them..

What's to worry? They are relocated in the next 5 years period because of the potential geological disasters like massive landslides and bank collapses. If you do know the area, that place has a lot of mountain surrounding it. The danger is not form the dam itself, but from the geological surroundings.

Come'on Developereo, what fragile ego are you talking about? I don't think the news shows any bad reflection of India by any means..

No one said anything about this reflecting badly on India. CD just stated fact from a quote from IMF about the limitation of Purchase Power Parity estimate, then people got really defensive about it. That really reflects badly on some people's ego.

Excuse us with your theories, please.. Our world is running smooth even without them..

This kind of anti-intellectualism is really dangerous. It's like Hitler ordering his generals to be executed when they told him they were losing against the Soviets.

Is true a lot of people will be displaced due to unintended future geological risks. Effects and outcomes of large dam the size of three gorges are difficult to predict, that's why China has since then switched to building greater quantity of smaller dams to expand power production.

Back
Top Bottom