What's new

India offers Pakistan 5,000MW electricity

Trust me, it will be 500 MW and the reporter has added one more 0 by mistake.

500 MW was reported couple of days ago as well. But 5000 is coming out of blue... very unlikely

We have a national grid,like a central power supplying system, from where the power starved states draw electricity .

Many including my state Kerala has requested repeatedly for increase in quota in order to avoid load shedding.

Some good developments in solar installations have been taken by a government body called Anert (Agency for Non-conventional Energy and Rural Technology) to provide solar and biogas projects to households at subsidised rates and with assistance, but i dont think that would be enough for the summer power shortage.

As i look at it good confidence building measure......I know i am in no position to say this as.. I myself am living in a power surplus state...but then i think PM is looking at this as an investment to better our image with the commons of Pakistan.An investment to better future.That part is a positive.
Its a choice he has consciously made and it has a negative....and now that it has been done ...better get to building some big bad *** power plants to meet our countries requirements. ..i do hope our neighbour appreciates that we are giving them power at the cost of us facing power cuts.Hope they look at it as a reflection of our goodwill.

nooooooooo.home first..no summer monsoon in Kerala...no electricity

Today there was some thunderstorms and a little drizzle @ capital .. no good rain.

:oops::oops:

one hour power cut from monday in Kerala :yahoo:...

why so excited? going for robbery during powercut??

Kallan paramu neeyallae.. ssatyam para.. hands up.:guns:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jab Jab Geedar ki maut aati hai to wo sehar ki taraf bhagta hai ..!

corruption scams , Political defeat in UP and punjab, Policy paralysis.

Stage is being set for BJP under Modi to take over.

modi tab aayega jab BJP usko election mein khada karegi:P

Top management in BJP is too f**ked up right now.. Dont expect nay better governance from them..

India and other power starved nations should invest heavily to develop/research on cheaper solar panels...

Lets draw the energy from sun.

solar-kerala_1024872f.jpg

why so excited? going for robbery during powercut??

Kallan paramu neeyallae.. ssatyam para.. hands up.:guns:

robbery ---no am not going to join Politics

ee perum kallanmarude ediyal kallan parmu ethra betha,

India and other power starved nations should invest heavily to develop/research on cheaper solar panels...

Lets draw the energy from sun.

solar-kerala_1024872f.jpg

India is already doing it in very big way.

But its land consuming thing and we need land to feed people and to live because soon we will be most populous nation.

India is already doing it in very big way.

But its land consuming thing and we need land to feed people and to live because soon we will be most populous nation.

There are plenty arid, deserty, rocky waste lands which receives more sunlight than any other place due to our location near equator.

We dont need to get panicky on cultivatable lands, just need to manage them and has to increase efficiency. For that learning from Isreal on many things like micro irrigation is good.

This budget, though a lame one had some positive initiative on irrigation ( the Jain irrigation company stock price moved up the indices .. good for me ..fetched some bucks :) ) ... and there has been some good subsidies schemes announced. :tup:

But we all know about governmental annoucements, dont we???:tdown:

Back
Top Bottom