What's new

India: Meet the 'Internet Hindus'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am not condemning or condoning it. That is how it is, my opinion is not going to change anything.

This is how some people are, its their private property, who they lease it out to is totally under their discretion. There is no law in the world that can stop the property owner from exercising this right. Mind you this "no meat" policy also affects many Hindu tenants who are no vegans.

Apparently Sunnis in Pakistan don't like to rent their house out to Shias, go figure.

Am just a realist, whereas you are just pretending to be an idealist.

So when Hindus do the discriminating then you have "no opinion" but when Muslims do it then you get on your high horse and preach till the cows come home.

Again, how very Internet Hindu of you.
Hypocrisy is the cornerstone of internet Hindus.

We see that better path daily in Karachi. :rolleyes: Pointing gun at each others' ghetto and always in a fear that if he/she could reach his home safely in the evening.

as we all know Hinduism has solved ALL of India's problems.
No women is ever afraid to walk down a dark street in Delhi.
No police ever have to do a murder investigation in Mumbai

:rolleyes:

So when Hindus do the discriminating then you have "no opinion" but when Muslims do it then you get on your high horse and preach till the cows come home.

Again, how very Internet Hindu of you.
Hypocrisy is the cornerstone of internet Hindus.

Huh what? All am saying is that you can't term this "discrimination" per se. Am sure these Hindus will have no issue with a vegetarian Muslim yet they wouldn't lease their property to Hindu who eats meat. So its not discrimination because of religion.

Its not about discriminating cause of diet either, some Hindus believe in the sanctity of their property and most houses have a small temple within the premises. According to them bringing meat eaters into their property destroys that sanctity of the temple and the house.

Its their religious belief, you got to respect that.

No one said otherwise

Now come back to the topic and stop trying to change the subject since you know you cannot defend such outrageous discrimination.
Hahaha When U Sneak peek at Neighbors House U always Find it more Messed Up & Ugly then Ur own House... Atleast we allow every religious group to call themselves what they Like... Unlike of our some neighbo whor Ban Website of religious group & Ask Majority to Sign a Agreement that they agree with the Idea of Government regarding a minority religious group if they wanna get a Passport ...

Now See who is Giving Us a Moral lecture ... It looks like Butcher bargaining with a Angel...

Huh what? All am saying is that you can't term this "discrimination" per se. Am sure these Hindus will have no issue with a vegetarian Muslim yet they wouldn't lease their property to Hindu who eats meat. So its not discrimination because of religion.

Its not about discriminating cause of diet either, some Hindus believe in the sanctity of their property and most houses have a small temple within the premises. According to them bringing meat eaters into their property destroys that sanctity of the temple and the house.

Its their religious belief, you got to respect that.

Too bad your "respect for religious beliefs" only goes as far as Hinduism.

The problem I have with your argument is that I have seen you bash Islam and Muslims on many occasions.
Where was your "respect for religious beliefs" then?

Again, hypocrisy is the cornerstone for people like you.

as we all know Hinduism has solved ALL of India's problems.
No women is ever afraid to walk down a dark street in Delhi.
No police ever have to do a murder investigation in Mumbai

:rolleyes:

India's identity is not based on religion but Pakistan which was founded on Islam could not unite people on religion and Karachi is the living example of Pakistan ethnic faultline.
Muhajirs made a nice choice by leaving India ultimately ended to be running for their lives everyday. :rolleyes:

Hahaha When U Sneak peek at Neighbors House U always Find it more Messed Up & Ugly then Ur own House... Atleast we allow every religious group to call themselves what they Like... Unlike of our some neighbo whor Ban Website of religious group & Ask Majority to Sign a Agreement that they agree with the Idea of Government regarding a minority religious group if they wanna get a Passport ...

Now See who is Giving Us a Moral lecture ... It looks like Butcher bargaining with a Angel...

Are you high?
honest question
It seems like you are high.

At least that would explain why you are having problems sticking to the topic.

In case you are high, here is my gift to you

200px-Nacho-Cheese-Doritos-Bag-Small.jpg

India's identity is not based on religion but Pakistan which was founded on Islam could not unite people on religion and Karachi is the living example of Pakistan ethnic faultline.
Muhajirs made a nice choice by leaving India ultimately ended to be running for their lives everyday. :rolleyes:

If your identity is not based on religion then why do you people discriminate based on diet?
How sad is it to live in a "Secular" country where you cant even rent an apartment because you eat Kebabs!

The rest of your post is off topic.

I agree
But thankfully, our ancestors got enlightened and chose a better path.
So now all the blame is on you guys.

HAHA,So You Mean If someone kills 10 muslims and becomes a atheist afterwards he is not criminal.
EPIC FAIL:enjoy::pakistan:

LOL ur Reply to a Muhajir Basher Himself ... But U can see him taking Moral High Ground in Certain Threads ... Tune Kiya to Chamatkar par maine Kiya to Balatkar :rofl:

I read about a Christian guy who left Pakistan, he told that he owned a computer shop and nobody bought goods from his shop because it has christian name and some of his Muslims friends told him that his business is flop because he is a Christian. Same way, a read that Lahore Bar Association banned a juice supply in their canteen because it was supplied by some non-Muslim group.

Too bad your "respect for religious beliefs" only goes as far as Hinduism.

The problem I have with your argument is that I have seen you bash Islam and Muslims on many occasions.
Where was your "respect for religious beliefs" then?

Again, hypocrisy is the cornerstone for people like you.

Call me out next time I do that. I never "bash" religions, my arguments are always based on logic.
I personally am a non practising Hindu and I think all religions are cute.

Found something else for you,

Landlords face no punishment for discrimination in online ads | News | National Post

There’s a two bedroom basement apartment for rent in Toronto’s northwest end —one bathroom, newly painted and renovated with a side entrance. The ad, posted on popular classified site Kijiji.ca, comes with the typical caveats —no pets allowed, no smokers. And then, a less common request: Only Muslims need apply.

It’s the exact kind of specifications the Ontario Human Rights Commission recently warned landlords against putting in their online classified ads —any denial of a prospective tenant due to race, ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age and disability, among other things, is grounds for discrimination according to the Ontario Human Rights Commission’s housing policy and the Ontario Human Rights Code.

But for all its condemnation of the practice, the commission this week said they can’t police these online ads, that it’s out of their hands.

Instead, a person would have to call up the prospective landlord and file a complaint if it is clear they were not considered for the apartment because they weren’t Muslim, for example, or Chinese, Korean or Japanese as one other Craigslist Vancouver ad said it would prefer the successful tenants to be.

“If you say ‘Muslim only,’ in the law, you’d be discriminating against Buddhists, against Christians. That could be grounds for an application of the human rights code,” said Geordie Dent, executive director of the Federation of Metro Tenants’ Associations. Complaints about landlord discrimination regularly trickle into his office and other legal clinics in Toronto, but few are pursued because of the momentous financial and time commitment costs that come with hiring a lawyer and seeing a lengthy tribunal case.

Many such ads appear on sites specifically geared toward one community. But a search Wednesday brought up 32 results for “Muslim only” requests under the real estate category on Kijiji.ca. When contacted by the National Post, one landlord looking to rent a one bedroom apartment in Brampton, Ont., said he “does not want to give the apartment to any other people,” besides Indians or Muslims, as his ad requires. He did not have a specific reason for only wanting to rent to Indians or Muslims, nor did he deny knowing about the Ontario Human Rights Code implications. Another landlord who said in his ad for a two bedroom basement apartment in Mississauga that he would welcome Muslim families said he would also accept other tenants who were not of that faith, so long as they did not drink. The ad says nothing about prohibiting alcohol. Yet another, on Torontomuslims.com, advertises a spacious 1 bedroom apartment for a Muslim bachelor.

So lets not single out India or Hindus here. Rental discrimination is every where. You know that, I know that, lets stop playing this holier than thou game now.

People who kill on daily basis because a man who is ill did something stupid are teaching us about discrimination and tolerance :hitwall:.

HAHA,So You Mean If someone killed 10 muslims and became a atheist afterwards he is not criminal.
EPIC FAIL:enjoy::pakistan:

What kind of Logic is that?
Since when is inventing the cast system the same as murder?

So let me understand what you are saying

1. People who created the cast system are the same as murderers.
2. People who are the offspring of group 1 are equally responsible for the crimes of their father
and 3. condemning past generation's mistakes still makes you equally guilty

Correct me if I am wrong but that's the best sense I could make from what you said.

But hey, at least you are attributing the cast system as being equally evil as murder.
That's a start. :mamba:

If your identity is not based on religion then why do you people discriminate based on diet?
How sad is it to live in a "Secular" country where you cant even rent an apartment because you eat Kebabs!
The rest of your post is off topic.

same question to you, why you guys don't offer nimaz sitting together with different firq of Muslims, when all of you are Muslims.

Vegetarians don't want non-vegetarian in their society because they could not tolerate the smell of fish or meat. What Secularism has to do with it. I am also a non-vegetarian and I know why vegetarians don't want meat-eaters in their society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom