What's new

India may talk to ISI, Taliban

Suggest you do some home work on that.
As the owner was taken to the court for exposing the corruption within the Indian government, in fact he was labelled as a security threat.

See post 131 by ramu ..he is a subscriber...our people also taken Sachin Tendulker to court so its nothing surprising..court wil probably reject the plea ..

now you are bringing "i ever made my own people responsible".

You were talking about the condition of refugees are not good. I told you some truths that even Pakistan own refugee faced same situations.

Is it me not understanding or you guys type one thing in one post and other in 2nd.

If you want me to spill more beans i can do it right now. But at the cost of my membership!! no way brother:no:. Thanks for you post anyhow.

Your assertion are way out of the context i think there is confusion. In my previous post i have requested you not to mention that afghans are responsible for refugee situation in Pakistan. They are coming back in Pakistan at their own whim as your border is porous etc etc..
A refugee is refugee living in a tent or palace. They are burden on you not assets for strategic ambitions.

I never talked about condition of refugees in Pakistan. What i was trying to say that first time those refugees brought prosperity for you and this time not.

Few points:

It is failure of your govt for this whole situation being unable to help a more stable democratic Afghanistan but radical Islamic and further having Indians to sneak under your nose into Afghanistan this time.

Who would have stopped to you to have friendly regime in Afghanistan. It was your nation who supported/recognized and then helped US to eradicate Taliban not India.

Why there is a surge in building AF this time not before can be asked from Pakistan querying India for the same.

Please correct me if i am wrong and lets talk about this topic.

Warm regards.

1.Come on sekio yar i didn't thought you would be so short sighted.

2.Oh my Rants.Ok i will try not to Rant in Future.lol.

Mate Indians are not going anywhere..and If you are talking about taliban recapturing Afganistan ..then we will see more unstable South Asia mate

Suggest you do some home work on that.
As the owner was taken to the court for exposing the corruption within the Indian government, in fact he was labelled as a security threat.

Tehelka - India's Independent Weekly News Magazine Tarun Tejpal is the top editor and has released several books apart from hisregular columns on the weekly. He is a respected journalist and a well known author. His books are selling well and many of his books are advertised outside the book stores such as crossword.

They are burden on you not assets for strategic ambitions.

And what strategic ambitions we have with these refugees.

It is failure of your govt for this whole situation being unable to help a more stable democratic Afghanistan but radical Islamic and further having Indians to sneak under your nose into Afghanistan this time.

Game ain't over yet and you are calling it a failure.

Who would have stopped to you to have friendly regime in Afghanistan. It was your nation who supported/recognized and then helped US to eradicate Taliban not India.

So whats the point here?????

And what strategic ambitions we have with these refugees.

Sorry can not comment.

Game ain't over yet and you are calling it a failure.

I wish i could have used those lines before you.

So whats the point here?????

Members were sarcastically making comments about refugees to be sent to India. And i was responding to that when you intervened.

On topic Please:

The point here is that India is not doing any thing wrong here by supporting a democratic friendly govt in Afghanistan.
GoA till date is less friendly to Pakistan and but recently we have noticed/intercepted that ISI have connection very deep(cannot go in details) and Indians are been selectively targeted in highly guarded areas and seems like internal hands in it.
AF needs India more then Pak due to amount of investment. Your Gen. is in AF and we are indirectly sending message across that if the balance will tilt towards Pakistan we will pack our bags and are open to talk to anyone including engaging with ISI to save our people.

Regards

Sorry can not comment.

I wish i could have used those lines before you.

Members were sarcastically making comments about refugees to be sent to India. And i was responding to that when you intervened.

On topic Please:

The point here is that India is not doing any thing wrong here by supporting a democratic friendly govt in Afghanistan.
GoA till date is less friendly to Pakistan and but recently we have noticed/intercepted that ISI have connection very deep(cannot go in details) and Indians are been selectively targeted in highly guarded areas and seems like internal hands in it.
AF needs India more then Pak due to amount of investment. Your Gen. is in AF and we are indirectly sending message across that if the balance will tilt towards Pakistan we will pack our bags and are open to talk to anyone including engaging with ISI to save our people.

Regards
Then dont type anything you cant comment on. Anyway i got what you had in mind.

you are saying that Indians are getting targeted. And that means ISI is targetting them which you want to say in hidden words. So if thats the logic why cant we say that india is funding terrorism in Pakistan and also in Afghanistan as Pakistanis are also targeted there. And number of Pakistani killed in pakistan.

Last edited:
Whatever, the damage was done and the exposed culprit was reinstated with all honors.

Who may that be windjammer??The defence minister at that time didnt even win the election and the party at power at that time is not in power at that time..what damage are you talking about??You were trying to say Tehelka was destroyed by Indian govt..when we refuted your claim and proved that you are wrong now you jumped into another finger pointing...

Who may that be windjammer??The defence minister at that time didnt even win the election and the party at power at that time is not in power at that time..what damage are you talking about??You were trying to say Tehelka was destroyed by Indian govt..when we refuted your claim and proved that you are wrong now you jumped into another finger pointing...

What nonsense, do you even know when the Tehelka scandal surfaced and who and what did it involved. ?
I guess not, hence just more shots in the dark.:disagree:

What nonsense, do you even know when the Tehelka scandal surfaced and who and what did it involved. ?
I guess not, hence just more shots in the dark.:disagree:

BJP was in power at that time..George Fernades was the defence minister..what are the posisations of these guys now windjammer??now who is shooting at the dark?

India may scale down Afghan operations

In a major development, India is looking at scaling down its relief and rehabilitation operations in Afghanistan.

According to ministry of home affairs (MHA) sources, India may scale down these operations over a period of 18 months following the recent attack on India nationals in Kabul.

The move comes days after the spate of attacks on Indians in Afghanistan. In the latest attack in Kabul, six Indians were killed last week.

Sources claim that an official advisory on the matter might be issued soon.

India had last week suspended its medical mission in Afghanistan after an attack though the other missions were operating as usual.

The government had also given an option to the Indians working there to return home if they felt insecure in the country.

India may scale down Afghan operations: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

India plans retreat from Afghanistan after attacks

New Delhi: India plans to scale down its operations in Afghanistan and will advice its citizens in that country to return home, sources in the government have told CNN-IBN.

The government is considering paring down its presence at reconstruction projects in Afghanistan. Projects underway may be wrapped up quickly and there may be even a freeze on undertaking new projects.

Apart from the embassy in Kabul, the work of consulates in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-e-Sharif and Jalalabad may also be scaled down.

CNN-IBN learns the precarious security situation in Afghanistan--highlighted by the terrorist attacks targeting Indians in Kabul on February 26--is prompting a gradual but significant rethink in New Delhi.

The government has been forced to think to rethink its Afghanistan policy because of the precarious security situation in that country. Indian officials acknowledge that the political and military situation has deteriorated in Afghanistan.

Taliban terrorists, who are suspected to have had the support of Pakistan's Inter Services Intelligence, had targeted the Indian embassy twice in the past. On July 7, 2008, 60 people, including four Indians--one IFS official and a brigadier-ranked official were killed in the attack, while on October 8 last year, four ITBP jawans were among those injured.

Last edited:
Article is of 2009 & it seems he was right :D

Ajai Shukla: The Indian ant in the Afghan flood

All of India's projects will cease to matter in 2013, when New Delhi will have to pull down the shutters and exit from Kabul

India needs to remember that even the most industrious ants are swept away in a flood! Even as New Delhi logs success after success in development projects in Afghanistan, the storm clouds of the Taliban are gathering across that country.

In the latest example of how AfPak is going the Taliban way, eight American soldiers were killed on Saturday when the Taliban stormed a US outpost near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. The attackers’ rifles and rocket launchers were pitted against American mortars, guns and air strikes, but numerical superiority made up for that, with jehadis pouring across from hideouts in Pakistan. The locals supported the Taliban because an American air strike had killed over a dozen villagers just the week before.

Today, the spectre of 1992 looms over Afghanistan, when Soviet-style communism collapsed and the civil war began, leading to the victory of the Taliban in 1996. It would not be rash to predict that US forces will pull out from Afghanistan by end-2011, a year before the next US elections. Two years after that, in 2013, the Taliban could well control Kabul.

But India’s Afghanistan policy appears paralysed, an aid policy substituting for a realistic political strategy. All of India’s development projects—those roads, electrical transmission lines, irrigation projects, schools and democratic institutions—will cease to matter around 2013, when, like in 1996, New Delhi will have to pull down the shutters and exit from Kabul ahead of the Taliban troopers. After that, as it did from 1996 to 2001, India will live on in Afghan hearts, while Pakistan-sponsored fundamentalists live in Afghan government buildings.

“What can we do?” shrug senior Indian officials. “If we have to pull out, we’ll pull out,” they say.

This time, though, India could remain out of Afghanistan indefinitely. There is no Ahmed Shah Masood to keep the Taliban at bay, even if in just a sliver of Afghanistan. And the chances of another 9/11—which swept India back into Kabul, piggybacking on American power—can be safely discounted.

One way of preventing this disaster is by working with the US to split the Taliban and win over fighters who are not ideologically committed. Instead of silently acquiescing to the blunt US and NATO strategy of defeating the Taliban militarily, India must point the way towards a more nuanced strategy: understanding the Taliban, identifying each of its components, stepping up military pressure on the irreconciliable ideologues and then winning or buying over the opportunists.

The prospect of “Talking to the Taliban” evokes strong reactions, mostly: “You can’t talk to those jehadis! Just crush them underfoot.”

That line of talk comes from those who don’t understand the nature of warfare in Afghanistan and its shifting system of alliances. After three decades of warfare and turbulence, Afghans see no glory in dying in battle. Fighters expect their leaders to switch allegiance in time to avoid unnecessary casualties and to remain on the winning side. Building a winning image is half the battle won, because then half the opposition will cross over.

A handful of committed ones will never change sides. That is why, the strategy of talking to the Taliban excludes dialogue with Mullah Omar and the Quetta Shura. They are beyond the pale and New Delhi must ensure that Washington understands that. Islamabad’s recent offer to initiate talks with Mullah Omar merely invents a role for Pakistan. Instead, the Taliban Emir must feel the heat of US arms, even sitting in Quetta.

But most fighters wearing Taliban turbans today consist of ideologically uncommitted village militias, who believe the Taliban are headed for a win. Most began their fighting careers in the 1980s as US-funded mujahideen to fight the Soviet occupation; in the 1990s, when the communists sank and the Pakistan-aided Taliban were resurgent, they switched sides and grew their beards. After the Taliban were routed in 2001, the beards went off again. Scores of militias waited to see whether Hamid Karzai was worth joining—apparently he wasn’t, because shaving went out of fashion and the Taliban ranks swelled again.

Karzai, already discredited, is now an untouchable after rigging the recent general elections. His lack of legitimacy has also put paid to America’s exit option, which involved training Afghan soldiers and policemen, and handing over the country to a popular Afghan leader. New Delhi must point out to the US that a victory in Afghanistan, in the short time available, can only come by winning over large sections of the Taliban. Indiscriminate battlefield confrontation must make way for a carrot and stick policy, where Taliban commanders are lured by a share of local power (even at the cost of Karzai’s officials) as well as dollops of money to ease their transition.

Ajai Shukla: The Indian ant in the Afghan flood

Back
Top Bottom