What's new

India may resort to stapled visa to Tibetans

Ok that would be on a higher serious level. But how do you see it will be affective to what extent?

Besides what are the rough estimates how many Tibetan Chinese visit India every year

What effectiveness are you talking about? Tibetians are not armed jihadists that we need to seggregate them or limit their presence.

You must be aware that this is symbolic diplomatic move by GOI, to poke where it hurts the most to China.

Whether it is going to happen or not is something I think you should leave best on time.

One of the key aspects of democracy in India is the ability of the government to initiate public engagement and that is something every political party cares for. Given the political landscape of India no political party will be willing to put its stakes by not "listening" to the people who have elected them to be governed. That along with the aspect that democracy (unlike a single-party, autocratic, pseudo-communist run country of which your nation is a prime example) is evolving in nature and surely in the days to come when we have more young people joinign politics we can taste some success at the integration front.

And please excuse us of the high handed approach that you have displayed in this forum. That is detrimental if you are aspiring for an upwards of USD 14 trillion GDP size in the next two decades.

Do not forget that India is the natural home of hundreds of thousands of your own people (read tibetans) who are not particularly enamored by this situation.

Tibet and Xinjiang are two of the softest underbellies of PRC, do not forget that and vulnerable too to say the least:toast_sign:

So, this is a non-realistic, the voice of all the trouble is just noisy. China's cohesiveness, efficiency and territorial control, it is completely different with loose India. Your attitude will only make the Indians into high expectations, but fell from the air.

Unless other wise there is a start how can we solve it????? Arunachal pradedsh, what do u think we can do with it?? either You Close Your Eye on it or we, when we both are not ready to do so, how can we bring an end to this??

I am just worried that the two sides slide into a dangerous situation, slow and irreversible.

Still your idiot officials are saying they are mulling to issue stapled visas for Chinese Citizens. hmmmmmmmmmm that would be indeed beyond stupidity and the next in line might be "Issuing stapled visas for entire China"

well if thats what it takes to guarantee our territorial integrity we can do that too .....only it ll mean having to "recognize" taiwan:cheesy: ......though this appears to be just a step to test India's reaction with the chinese foreign ministry issuing a statement for damage control....a very flawed way of conducting foreign policy imho.....:hitwall:

Stapled visa to Tibetans will be a very good step for the sake of justice and equality. No relation can be one sided if china thinks we should respect it has to respond in the same manner.

You can't get away by continuous harassment and disrespect.

Stapling Visa would do nothing , need of the hour is Sukhois ,Mig 29 roaming over Pakistan occupied kashmir. And bomb away any Chinese presence in Pakistan occupied kashmir because this would only make the world and Chinese take notice. And would clearly indicate who is master of Pakistan occupied kashmir. Buys the typhoons and Europe will be our pockets(MMRCA deal should be around 20-30 billion dollars). Pakistan already devastated by the floods would not react adversely.
The Chinese have already entered Nepal, Srilanka , Bangladesh and not speak of Burma. If we Indian are ready to be surrounded and suffocated by the Chinese then be my guest and next Chinese would be laying claim on north India.

Stapling Visa would do nothing , need of the hour is Sukhois ,Mig 29 roaming over Pakistan occupied kashmir. And bomb away any Chinese presence in Pakistan occupied kashmir because this would only make the world and Chinese take notice. And would clearly indicate who is master of Pakistan occupied kashmir. Buys the typhoons and Europe will be our pockets(MMRCA deal should be around 20-30 billion dollars). Pakistan already devastated by the floods would not react adversely.
The Chinese have already entered Nepal, Srilanka , Bangladesh and not speak of Burma. If we Indian are ready to be surrounded and suffocated by the Chinese then be my guest and next Chinese would be laying claim on north India.

Be realistic man..you want sukhoi's to cross the border for this issue..lol

This is rubbish post! The title say India "may".....

India does not have the guts to do that!

:chilli:Let's see

Oh my god, not again, "Push came to Shove":angry:
(1) In 1962, Chinese dig your butt without noticing "may" be we will attack you, making Indians a laughing stock for 48yrs infront of the world, Indians response= keep quiet hoping for the best.
(2) Chinese intrude Indian so called border on a daily basis, Indians response= its the most peaceful border in the planet and hope for the best.
(3) Chinese insue stapled visa to Kashmiris, Indians response=whining, no meaningful action taken.
(4) Chinese refuse visa to Indian general from IOK, Indians response="may", "thinking", "imagine" stapled visa to tibetans.

Come on, Indians, man up or shout up!!:argh:
I am on your side this time, Chinese are going too far.
You got to have "balls" and play to your "Strength"=starving protest, thats how you free your country from the British rule, sure win tactic.:partay:
I suggest all Indians starving to protest Chinese's provoking action for a week to attract international attention, think about it with 1.2 billion people starving protest will be the biggest news ever. :whistle:
And the best part of this brilliant idea is that starving is Indians strength which you been doing since birth, i can see victory coming to Indians soon. Jai-Hind.:yahoo:

This is one of the testing times for us to exercise caution and avoid tit for tat or knee-jerk responses.We just have make our statement relating to the issue clear.Maybe our current Govt will do that,but have doubts about the opposition if they ever come to power.

Besides,stapled visas for Tibet (which is officially recognized by India) doesn't make sense.

This is one of the testing times for us to exercise caution and avoid tit for tat or knee-jerk responses.We just have make our statement relating to the issue clear.Maybe our current Govt will do that,but have doubts about the opposition if they ever come to power.

Besides,stapled visas for Tibet (which is officially recognized by India) doesn't make sense.

Bro, this isnt a one time incident by any means .....it appears that the chinese strategy involves needling India on its sensitive issues every now and then....The GOI would be prudent to react harshly now else there is a danger of the chinese government getting emboldened by apparent Indian capitulation....as they say a stitch in time saves nine.....we need to get our point across to them about our red lines that they must not cross.....:devil:

"The Tribune" is a widely circulated newspaper in India. I read in it few days back, it reported in some article on the General Visa denial isue, that some official from MEA was saying that the GOI was considering isssuing stapled visa to Tibet ppl. So you know it is really being discussed and i am sure it can be be a real possibility. I for one support if fully...

Secondly what i do nt want is India to do it right now. IT will look a knee jerk reaction. India should do it after some time when relations normalise a little so that the Chinese are taken by surprise ..!!!:cheesy:

Surprising to see CHINA Politicians have time to play these silly games when Chinese people making China as an fast moving Economic Giant with their Hardwork!! I don't really think anyone in china care whether stapled visa should be given to J&K.:hitwall:

Instead of thinking "stapled Visa to Tibetans", India should discuss things diplomatically with China.
:disagree:

Last edited:
This is a good reply to the Chinese aggressive designs......The Chinese Gov't probably wants us to start a conflict so they can finish it. They are facing a lot of social pressures and a conflict with India would help relieve tension. The Chinese are at their strongest in terms of military capabilities. India should not fall for their trap!

Back
Top Bottom