What's new

India may become 5th-largest manufacturing nation: Report

what you are doing and what you Will do has nothing to do with me,i respect what had happened only.BTW,before coming to the top,you have to
surpass our guangDong,shanDong,jiangsu province as well as some countries,good luck.

thank u..we will . not just one province but all of them

what you are doing and what you Will do has nothing to do with me,i respect what had happened only.BTW,before coming to the top,you have to
surpass our guangDong,shanDong,jiangsu province as well as some countries,good luck.

Dude, dont underestimate the Indians. I watched this seriously educational video where the Indians will have an army of White slaves to work for them in 2030. How the hell can we Chinese compete against such power?

also 3 industrial corridors(delhi-mumbai,chennai-benguluru-hyderabad,mumbai-benguluru) are proposed to start this fiscal friends..this note is from the budget presentation 2013-2014

The Finance Minister, Shri P Chidambaram in his Budget speech in Lok Sabha today said
that the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project has made rapid progress. Plans for
seven new cities have been finalized and work on two new smart industrial cities at Dholera,
Gujarat and Shendra Bidkin, Maharashtra will start during 2013-14. We acknowledge the
support of the Government of Japan. In order to dispel any doubt about funding, The
Government will provide, if required, additional funds during 2013-14 within the share of the
Government of India in the overall outlay for the project.
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) and the Japan International
Cooperation Agency (JICA) are currently preparing a comprehensive plan for the Chennai
Bengaluru Industrial Corridor. The corridor will be developed in collaboration with the
Governments of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
The next corridor will be the Bengaluru Mumbai Industrial Corridor on which
preparatory work has stared.

Manufacturing is important because:

1) It requires the nationwide creation of efficient and effective infrastructure, in order to be competitive.

2) It provides mass low-skill employment, which is especially important in countries with large populations.

3) It leads to urbanization, which is an essential stage in development, because it takes people out of a subsistence rural lifestyle and brings them into modernity.

Those are the main points, but also:

4) Manufacturing is a way for low-skilled workers to add large amounts of value to raw materials. In addition, the finished products can also be exported to earn a significant cash flow in the form of trade surpluses, freeing up national finances from budget constraints. Which allows additional investment in infrastructure/education/etc.

These are the reasons why almost all of the current developed countries once went through their own large-scale industrial stage.

But many Indians bragging about taking the short cut and become a industrial nation and skip manufacturing by creating a service oriented economy. What do you think of that?

But many Indians bragging about taking the short cut and become a industrial nation and skip manufacturing by creating a service oriented economy. What do you think of that?

What do you expect from delusional people.

Dude, dont underestimate the Indians. I watched this seriously educational video where the Indians will have an army of White slaves to work for them in 2030. How the hell can we Chinese compete against such power?

I am sure you resembles the guy in your Avatar and your post proved you hold the IQ as him too.. The movie that gave you and trolls of your nation orgasms is an unknown movie based on someone's fantasy so how exactly it was an education video and reflect upon what Indians think?? Do you seriously believe every crap they show in the movies? Are you Chinis so thick?

Why do you keep provoking Indians? lol I don't get it! I usually just read threads related to India and learn something since I don't know much about India. Disparaging other nations and bragging about oneself would do you no good but create hostility. I thought our great teacher Confucius already told us 2500 years ago! Oh also Art of War.

Yeah, I would like some Indians comment on that. Is it possible to skip manufacturing to achieve industrialization? We never know whether it's achievable since we are in a different environment than when Britain or U.S. industrialized. Because of internet, service industry might be able to export across borders.

Why do you keep provoking Indians? lol I don't get it! I usually just read threads related to India and learn something since I don't know much about India. Disparaging other nations and bragging about oneself would do you no good but create hostility. I thought our great teacher Confucius already told us 2500 years ago! Oh also Art of War.
LOL.tell me which of my words are wrong.though some Indians dont like what i said ,no one can deny it,you cannot either!or you may have a try.

I never knew that we were the 9th largest manufacturing nation!

apart from that India is also 6th largest Automobile Manufacturer in world

On Topic> Wit right implementation of required polices, what OP suggests is not impossible.

right implementation of required polices and political willpower are the key things here

May,will,might,can...
We talk too much about the future and now look at the present...our growth rate is under 5%:hitwall:
GOI must be sponsoring these articles to save congress' face:astagh:

any country which embarks on the path of modernisation has to improve its manufacturing sector.

any country which embarks on the path of modernisation has to improve its manufacturing sector.

Back
Top Bottom