What's new

India hopes to stall Saudi Arabia labour law

Indians are screwed, the KSA royals will have to push this law through because their worst nightmare is unemployed Saudis taking to the streets to protest.

3 billion is nothing compared to our total remittances of 70 billion dollars and our forex reserves of 300 billion ur reserves are hardly 13 billion guess whos gonna suffer more....besides.saudi is not the only country there and there is indian dispora in most of those countries immigration is just a matter of time if their govt decides to implement it.if not anything they'll come back and work here.we are goin to need huge labour resources

3 billion is nothing compared to our total remittances of 70 billion dollars and our forex reserves of 300 billion ur reserves are hardly 13 billion guess whos gonna suffer more....besides.saudi is not the only country there and there is indian dispora in most of those countries immigration is just a matter of time if their govt decides to implement it.if not anything they'll come back and work here.we are goin to need huge labour resources

I already acknowledged Pakistan will be hurt as well. :rolleyes:

One Saudi for every expatriate? That's not fair to those who worked their backs off for a handful or riyals.

Full support to Indian delegation if they talk point blank to the royals.

One Saudi for every expatriate? That's not fair to those who worked their backs off for a handful or riyals.

Full support to Indian delegation if they talk point blank to the royals.

Mate but you have to realize they have to look after their own also. If they have high unemployment of their own citizens then they have a moral obligation to slow down the immigration from foreign countries and try to feed their own people before they start to invite foreigners. Hopefully both sides find a solution to this problem.

Mate but you have to realize they have to look after their own also. If they have high unemployment of their own citizens then they have a moral obligation to slow down the immigration from foreign countries and try to feed their own people before they start to invite foreigners. Hopefully both sides find a solution to this problem.

It's true, they have a responsibility towards their own citizens. But those citizens can be encouraged to actually bother to work and get better education in order to compete in a fair environment.

What would we call forcing companies to hire a particular nationality despite more capable candidates??

It's true, they have a responsibility towards their own citizens. But those citizens can be encouraged to actually bother to work and get better education in order to compete in a fair environment.

What would we call forcing companies to hire a particular nationality despite more capable candidates??

I open for a fair business environment, but the problem is most people don't usually like to go back to college or school to retrain or get better education specially if you consider the cost of tuition. As for forcing companies to hire local workers, it is a bit un ethical, but if they don't do this then they will have problems with controlling the people's anger. Specially considering with all these uprising going around in the middle east, I highly doubt the government would do anything to anger the people.

It's a pain in the azz to watch foreigners having jobs while you as a national haven't been able to find a job for years, as employers refuse to hire Saudis because they demand higher salary and aren't easy going as foreigners who would accept less salaries and work for longer hours. I know many Saudis who hold Bachelor degrees have been unemployed for 5-7 years. Few months ago I read news that three Saudis having Bachelor degrees sell millions by streets because they couldn't find a job.

It's a pain in the azz to watch foreigners having jobs while you as a national haven't been able to find a job for years, as employers refuse to hire Saudis because they demand higher salary and aren't easy going as foreigners who would accept less salaries and work for longer hours. I know many Saudis who hold Bachelor degrees have been unemployed for 5-7 years. Few months ago I read news that three Saudis having Bachelor degrees sell millions by streets because they couldn't find a job.

Aren't the jobs the foreigners take usually the menial jobs that citizens want no part of though??

Joke of the century-
No company wants to hire saudis firstly because they are lazy- secondly they are not qualified enough- yet demand higher salaries- and rediculous incentives-

Saudis are desperate for jobs ask them to take up jobs of rubbish collector- toilet cleaner- taxi drivers-
You cannot just force in illetrate saudis with no education- zero experience- into blue colar professional jobs- without backlash-
Small to medium businesses are closing bacause of rediculous niqatat program-
Stripping the kingdom of qualified work force and not producing enough local qualified people will have a backlash pretty soon- pure economics-

Well, these laws are unfair to say the least. Businesses will move their operations in more business friendly countries such as UAE in the future.

In reality, if a foreigner gets a job or a better job while you, as a national, have no job or a mediocre one, all it means is that either 1) He is better qualified than you or 2) He is prepared to do the job at a lower wage than you.

Face the facts, get off your lazy *** and do something productive rather than whine about foreigners stealing jobs.

Well, these laws are unfair to say the least. Businesses will move their operations in more business friendly countries such as UAE in the future.

In reality, if a foreigner gets a job or a better job while you, as a national, have no job or a mediocre one, all it means is that either 1) He is better qualified than you or 2) He is prepared to do the job at a lower wage than you.

Face the facts, get off your lazy *** and do something.

Exactly. I have been in Kuwait before, and I saw South Asians (mainly Indians and Bangladeshis), and other non-Kuwaiti Arabs in both the highest and lowest paid jobs. The only jobs which I saw a majority in Kuwaitis in were jobs which "Ajnabees" are not allowed to have, or jobs requiring you to start off with a big supply of money (aka oil).

Nothing to happen.

Saudi-Arabia do see citizens from other countries as inferior.

Certainly one of the worst countries to work in even though you get paid a lot... :/

Back
Top Bottom