What's new

India has more rich people than poor now

180000 per annum ...means 15000 per month ! This is not bad for middle class families which now forms majority in indian populations.
its good income for a family with 3-4 head counts in allmost many Indian Cities due to simple life common middle-class people prefers.

I think there is no need to compare things or income in India with other countries.... because life of indian middle class is family-centred & relatively simple.... hence cannot be compared.

ok, let's get back down to earth..

hghgghg.jpg

Vietnam, the country with the 2nd largest rice exporting in the world, but hunger to 11.2%.
Thailand, the country with the largest rice exporting in the world, but hunger to 8.1%.

Sadly!

Ok.Let's look at the data in perspective here.

For 2010:

41 million households earn less than 1000 US dollars
140.7 million households earn between 1000 and 4000 dollars
46.7 million households earn more than 4000 dollars a year

Now ten years ago it was for the respective categories:

Now we need to work out the change in percentages of these categories from 2000 to 2010:

Low Income: 35% > 18%
Middle Income: 58% > 62%
High Income: 7% > 20%

This is extremely interesting!

The number of low-income houesholds has been reduced in half in 10 years. That is a fantastic achievement!

We should take into account that the price of goods and services is much cheaper in India than in developed
countries so a mutiplication of around 3 is required to work out the purchasing power.

It is not a disaster than 140.7 million households in India have a purchasing power of 3-12,000 US dollars a year.

The data actually proves that high-GDP growth is reducing absolute poverty in India quite quickly.

Its not high income. Its middle income

"The NCAER estimated that middle-income households, or those earning between Rs 45,000 and Rs 1.8 lakh per annum, rose sharply from 109.2 million to 140.7 million in the decade."

Households with Rs 45,000 and Rs 1.8 lakh ($810- $3200) per annum can call middle income???
It is Households.....so income per capita is less than $400-$1600......I was defeated by this so called "middle income"....

posted long time before-

with the same conclusion-
what a cleverly deceptive title for the mass consumption of every day general dumb Indian public--

mass consumption of every day general dumb Indian public? :lol:

"indian public" wasnt aware of the existance of this article until i pointed it out

Households with Rs 45,000 and Rs 1.8 lakh ($810- $3200) per annum can call middle income???
It is Households.....so income per capita is less than $400-$1600......I was defeated by this so called "middle income"....

Yes, It is India "Middle class".

15000 per month in cities like Mumbai means none

How could U say it a middle class family ?? It should be lower class

In cities like Pune 15k could be said as middle class

my youngest 'high school drop-out' secretary with '0' experience earning $3200 per year, which is at the floor of our salary range, plus free accommadation and meals```and if she says she is in middle-income (even the lowest level) category people will just laugh...

but surely in India`` she would be joining in the 'increadible' 'middle-income' 'consumption' force``that makes India 'shine'``lol

and the funnier part is, we Chinese never bragged about our real middle-incom population, whereas, once in a while you will read some sensational articles from India propaganda machine brags about their 'middle-income' class`````lol

my youngest 'high school drop-out' secretary with '0' experience earning $3200 per year, which is at the floor of our salary range, plus free accommadation and meals```and if she says she is in middle-income (even the lowest level) category people will just laugh...

but surely in India`` she would be joining in the 'increadible' 'middle-income' 'consumption' force``that makes India 'shine'``lol

and the funnier part is, we Chinese never bragged about our real middle-incom population, whereas, once in a while you will read some sensational articles from India propaganda machine brags about their 'middle-income' class`````lol

Ok super rich superpower... now u can see the rural parts of china and say me whether they earn 3200$..

lol . India has changed the meaning of Rich and Poor in its own printed dictionaries. I witnessed it 0-o

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom