What's new

India grants duty-free entry to all BD goods

For starters there is a quota on garments products (prolly somewhere around 10 million pieces). If you see the total exports of garments by Bangladesh, you will realize that 10 million pieces is peanuts. There are other barriers, which are often imposed on products such as soaps, agro products etc. Many of these barriers are imposed upon will, causing big damages to the manufacturers.

I think for garments there is no limit anymore.

And about the other barriers, Bangladeshi products will have to have to comply with the Indian standards. And those barriers were there with the tax as well. So am sure Bangladeshi businesses wouldn't mind the same barriers without the tax! But then again you will downplay any gesture by India anyways.:disagree:

15 more items get duty-free access to India

India has given duty-free access to another 15 Bangladeshi products, a move aimed at minimising the huge trade gap between the two neighbouring countries, a commerce ministry statement said yesterday.

Within three months, India has given the facility to Bangladesh for all the 61 products, a long-time demand of the Bangladesh side.

The 15 products are betel nut, toilet or facial tissue paper, plastic monofilament, fresh potato, refined coconut oil, printed paper/paper board label, lubricating oil, CR coil, CI sheet, GP sheet, iron bar/rod, SS bar/rod, iron angle/shape/section and bones of slaughtered animals, the statement said.

The Indian Customs Department published a circular on November 9 in this regard, the commerce ministry statement said.

Of the total 61 products, duty- and quota-free entry for 46 garment items were given during the visit of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in September with immediate effect. The 46 items include 24 knitwear products, 21 woven garment items and another is silk fabrics item.

BSS adds: Commerce Minister Faruk Khan welcomed the Indian government decision saying it would help strengthen Dhaka-Delhi trade relations further.

He said the two-way trade deficit would come down to a large extent in the days ahead because of the tariff treatment.

The minister, however, pointed out that Bangladesh might face challenges regarding the greater market access to the neighbouring country. "But we are much more confident that we would be able to do better to this end."

India is Bangladesh's second most important import source after China and ranks fifth as Bangladesh's export destination.

According to commerce ministry data, the bilateral trade gap of Bangladesh with India was $4.08 billion in 2010-11 fiscal year. During this period, Bangladesh imported goods worth $4.59 billion and exported goods worth $512 million.

For starters there is a quota on garments products (prolly somewhere around 10 million pieces). If you see the total exports of garments by Bangladesh, you will realize that 10 million pieces is peanuts. There are other barriers, which are often imposed on products such as soaps, agro products etc. Many of these barriers are imposed upon will, causing big damages to the manufacturers.

Keep up with the news, there are no quota on garments now
Duty-Free Quota Restrictions on Bangladesh Garments Lifted | Asia | English

And the non-tariff barriers relate to quality control. Its the same for ALL countries. Bangladesh is not singled out. If BD manufacturers bring up their products up to standards they pass the non-tariff barriers. If the US exporters do no meet the standards then even THEIR products will not be allowed. Its that simple.

Seems like India is taking preparation to welcome the next BD Govt: Already started to listening BNP policy ....... thanx again :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/111125-bnp-wants-good-relations-india-win-win-situation-khaleda.html

351715822.png
919310793.png

This will be reversed come next elections. No need for GoI to be nice to such a hostile neighbour.

This will be reversed come next elections. No need for GoI to be nice to such a hostile neighbour.

Based on my experience in PDF once I told my friend how ungrateful BDians are.....
To which he shared with me an experience his friend had in BD.
His friend working in a IT co. had gone to BD for an assignment. His meeting went late into the night and so missed his last ferry ride to his hotel. When he reached the "FERRY STOP" some Bangladeshis approached him and asked him where he was from and what was the problem. After hearing that he was from India and that he missed his ride they immediately arranged for a boat and took him to his destination.
I guess ground reality could be different from hypocritical BD members here in this PDF!!!!!!!!!

Based on my experience in PDF once I told my friend how ungrateful BDians are.....
His friend working in a IT co. had gone to BD for an assignment. His meeting went late into the night and so missed his last ferry ride to his hotel. When he reached the "FERRY STOP" some Bangladeshis approached him and asked him where he was from and what was the problem. After hearing that he was from India and that he missed his ride they immediately arranged for a boat and took him to his destination.
I guess ground reality could be different from hypocritical BD members here in this PDF!!!!!!!!!

Dude, we hate india's foreign policy to bd. We dont hate indians

Any decent human being would be nice. That's not the point. The truth is that most Bangladeshis are vehemently anti-India and if the opinion here is anything to go by, they will have an anti-India government in power soon enough... And then the s**t can start flying.

I Dint Got That ? Kindly do explain ,Thanks .

Well we hate it when bsf kills our civilians, Our arguements about teesta, the enclaves etc. Its basically what india does negative to us, that makes us hate india.

But we like the common indian people, if an indian comes bangladesh for a visit of course we will treat him nicely

Dude, we hate india's foreign policy to bd. We dont hate indians
cmon now,the same ministry of external affairs decides to make BD goods duty free.If you can criticize a bad move you need to have the capability to appreciate a good one.

Back
Top Bottom