What's new

India gets submarine-based nuclear missile

Isnt it utter lack of planning that we have the weapon but not a delivery paltform.

The platform will soon come in the form of the Akula 2. I really wish we would buy them, rather than just lease em.

Akula 1 gave US Navy commanders nightmares. Even by todays standards Akula 1 is very deadly. so just imagine what Akula 2 can do

which aircraft is that? never seen anything like it before. is it a concept?

Sweden has offered jt production of submarines to india along with Grippen.
I figured out there are 3 export models which sweden can offer to us,
Gotland-class: hybrid diesel-electric/AIP patrol submarines, with an AIP system based on the Stirling engine;
Västergötland-class: diesel-electric patrol submarines;
Collins-class: diesel-electric, ocean-going, long-range patrol submarines, designed for the Australian Navy.

Would any of this be good enough for IN especially for BM( sagarika) and CM ( Brahmos) launch capability?

which aircraft is that? never seen anything like it before. is it a concept?

russian fifth generation fighter most pro sukhoi pak-fa
there r lot of concepts around .....but this has
been released by "indianaerospace" .... its very reliable.

i think IAF will be flying this beast sometime around 2020-2022.

russian fifth generation fighter most pro sukhoi pak-fa
there r lot of concepts around .....but this has
been released by "indianaerospace" .... its very reliable.

i think IAF will be flying this beast sometime around 2020-2022.

Looks like a single engined aircraft to me. Definately can't be T-50 PAK-FA as it is designated as a twin-engined fighter.

The platform will soon come in the form of the Akula 2. I really wish we would buy them, rather than just lease em.

Akula 1 gave US Navy commanders nightmares. Even by todays standards Akula 1 is very deadly. so just imagine what Akula 2 can do

Akula has a nuclear reactor which is used as a weapons system. So it cannot be sold. That is why we have "life time lease" :P

Seems to me a photoshop job of iranian aircraft. http://img177.exs.cx/img177/2964/iriafshafagh20029gf.jpg

Looks similar to Su-34 except for being a single engined

1cf32e43f345bd0cc3caee8602861c34.jpg

Fire a nuke from a sub is something of great importance and when and if india gets it, since they are working hard on it, i believe it will seriously disrupt the balance of power in south asia.
But it is a great achievement since it will not only give india the option of a second strike but also the ability to strike out side aisa if it ever needs too and we know the capabilities of indian navy, its in real terms a true blue water navy.
Goodgoing IN.

India tests SLBM in the Bay of Bengal

Sources have told TIMES NOW that India has secretly tested a SLBM (Submarine-launched ballistic missile) which can be capped with a nuclear war-head and which has a range of 1500 km.

The tests which were conducted jointly by the DRDO & the Navy are said to be a much bigger technological achievement than even the successful test of Agni 3 missiles. The SLBMs are considered the safest missiles, which make them hard to locate & difficult to destroy.

These latest tests, that were conducted in secret, comes on the heels of 3 other tests that India has conducted in the last one year, taking India closer to possessing the nuclear triad - land based missiles, bombers & Submarine-launched ballistic missiles. India doesn't have a nuclear submarine yet, to launch the SLBMs, in fact the DRDO used a pontoon, or a long tube, in the Bay of Bengal to conduct the test. Government officials have said that the tests have met all key parameters.

The Minister for Overseas Indian Affairs, Vayalar Ravi has questioned the British government's move to make English compulsory for immigrants. Minister Ravi states that the ministry is looking into the matter.

As Ravi quotes, "Only after getting the report, we can make a study. The MEA's also taken up the matter. We will discuss this issue and see, in what way we can help the Indian migrants. Without the report and the important facts in order, we can't do anything. After that, we'll make the High Commission to intervene."

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom