What's new

India gets ready to host 2011 GP

I was in Delhi recently - could see that the infrastructure is way superior to Bombay. I guess it helps that Delhi has a lot more space. But I thought they should host the Commonwealth Games in a B-city - like a Pune or a Mysore - to increase its global awareness as well as build infrastructure in that city.

I was in Delhi recently - could see that the infrastructure is way superior to Bombay. I guess it helps that Delhi has a lot more space. But I thought they should host the Commonwealth Games in a B-city - like a Pune or a Mysore - to increase its global awareness as well as build infrastructure in that city.

It's not about developing a city or making it popular.

It is more than that. Its about national proud and international image.

What do u think, why china hosted Olympic in Beijing????

what better than this?
a69f92745b59ebfae1ee047ae714a4e5_1442343.jpg

spare me i am a mumbaiite so i will be little partial towards mumbai:smitten:

Last edited:
I think delhi is good because not just it has lot of space but due to the commonwealth games,the developement around the state has been immense which will help to host another internation sporting event like F1 GP

BTW can someone update latest pictures of the site of the place where the Gp will be held...

what better than this?
a69f92745b59ebfae1ee047ae714a4e5_1442343.jpg

dude..face the reality..mumbai is the country's most dirty city!even lucknow which lies in one of country's poorest regions is slum free and has 100% power supply.......

what better than this?

Am a Bombayite too and I one swallow doesn't a summer make. There are some excellent localities of course but everytime I have to drive down to areas where auto rickshaws are allowed - I shudder. Anything beyond Sion on one end and Mahim on the other becomes a nightmare.

Delhi has wider roads and I didn't see potholes.

@Sirius - of course Lucknow's slum free - I don't see many Maharashtrians making a bee-line for UP - the traffic is just one-way. You have slums in areas where there is economic development - unless I am in the statue building business, what economic activity is going to attract migrants to Lucknow? Oh - and Bom has had interrupted power supply since the 1980s. And you guys elected Mayawati for crying out loud. Spare me the sermon padre.

@yashchauhan

Lucknow.... slum free??... 100% power?? Which city have you been living in dude?

I spent 2 years at IIM Lucknow and I loved the city and its people. But I can vouch for the fact that there are a LOT of slums in Lucknow.

And 100% power in delhi is a myth. Sheila Aunty has promised us 'no power cuts' for the next 2 years. But already as the temperatures are soaring, load shedding is increasing

@yashchauhan

Lucknow.... slum free??... 100% power?? Which city have you been living in dude?

I spent 2 years at IIM Lucknow and I loved the city and its people. But I can vouch for the fact that there are a LOT of slums in Lucknow.

And 100% power in delhi is a myth. Sheila Aunty has promised us 'no power cuts' for the next 2 years. But already as the temperatures are soaring, load shedding is increasing
well you are one ignorant guy......i m not creating some fake praise here........i m living here since my chilhood.....and there is 100% powersupply........though just outside the city things are different.....and it is slum free......thats good...regardless........Mumbai has middle class people living in slums......that shows how ignorant local housing authority is......lucknow has LDA making houses and new colonies now and then...from immigrants within UP getting attracted for high real estate activity....

Mumbai is horrible because it has done absolutely nothing in solving its slum problem.......delhi reduced its slum population from 3 million to 1.2 in past 3 yrs and is expected to clean up the mess completely b 2012......Mumbai on the other hand has its slum population growing from 8 million in 2005 to 9.8 million in 2010!(55% of the city's population)

Last edited:
well you are one ignorant guy......i m not creating some fake praise here........i m living here since my chilhood.....and there is 100% powersupply........though just outside the city things are different.....and it is slum free......thats good...regardless........Mumbai has middle class people living in slums......that shows how ignorant local housing authority is......lucknow has LDA making houses and new colonies now and then...from immigrants within UP getting attracted for high real estate activity....

Mumbai is horrible because it has done absolutely nothing in solving its slum problem.......delhi reduced its slum population from 3 million to 1.2 in past 3 yrs and is expected to clean up the mess completely b 2012......Mumbai on the other hand has its slum population growing from 8 million in 2005 to 9.8 million in 2010!(55% of the city's population)

Errrrr....... nowhere in my post have I defended mumbai. I've been there just once for 2 days and would not like to comment on their infra based on that experience.

What I AM arguing, is the 'slum free' nature of Lucknow. Do you live somewhere in the cantt area? That's the only reason I can think of for someone to praise Lucknow's infra.

Errrrr....... nowhere in my post have I defended mumbai. I've been there just once for 2 days and would not like to comment on their infra based on that experience.

What I AM arguing, is the 'slum free' nature of Lucknow. Do you live somewhere in the cantt area? That's the only reason I can think of for someone to praise Lucknow's infra.

well I live in Aliganj!

guys just hold on your horses no need to derail this thread.

The Mumbai is fast catching up in infrastructure with Metro Train and Monorail.

The Lucknow will also improve as the mayawati will gone in 2012.

@ yashchauhan......good to know that u r frm aliganj....i also live in aliganj !!

@ prodevelopment ..... wud u care to tell in which part of lucknow did u find slums....coz i'v been living here since childhood and have never known any slums like those in mumbai or delhi ......yes the areas in old city are not so good but again there are no slums even there...and for electricity there is 100% supply apart from some minor breakdowns .....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom