What's new

India far more successful in bridging Urban-Rural divide than China.

Recently I saw a TV program, in which China is aggressively following the policy of moving rural population(farmers) to near Industrial towns. Govt construct cheper housing complex outskirts for these people and ask them to move their as they cannot provide water for irrigation for their land. These folks have no choice but to get employed in factories. I dont know, this may be one of the case!? I think migration is happening in India as well but at slower pace. In my opinion farmer should be encouraged to do better farming instead of working in factory. Govt should provide better facility for farming otherwise countries like china and india will have less and less farm hands and expensive farm goods.

Asking everyone to do subsistence farming is not the way to economic development. Take two scenarios.

A well run farm can be run by some 10 people and produce food for a 1000. This would mean that the 10 people make lots of money while the remaining 990 people can do other productive things like industries or services. Since the 990 people are not tied into farming, they produce things like TVs, Air conditioners, cars and run shops. As a group of 990 people, everyone gets access to industrial goods and food.

The other extreme is the case of subsistence farming. In this case government encourages everyone to do farming. So all 1000 people work on small pieces of land producing food. Since efficiency in farming goes down with smaller farm sizes, these 1000 people produce food for 1000 people. End result being that as a group of 1000, they have food and basic necessities but no TV,no AC etc.

Anyway, ever heard of the three gorges dam ? That's caused more damage than Narmada dam and is a bigger project than Ganga-Kaveri link being proposed in India. We can't blame China for not trying everything to get water around their country. Criticism of environment is probably valid, but as long as its effects are local to China, who are we to complain ?

congratulations on Indian.

all that belong to indian are the best , and all the best belong to S.korean.

forget about the best. Digest the truth.

WITH every rise there is also a fall. Common indian saying. Be prepared for it. Some chinese are like we are the world . Nothing as such. Its everyones time and it comes in turns.

seriously man you need serious shyt to sort out .. you can pay attention to whoeva US or japan ... no one gives a damn about it.. the world is talkin abt india and china and hence the comparision .. and yea if you dont like SOME of the indians you really dont have to respond to them .. or you think its some RAW conspiracy to get a reaction out of you.. :hitwall:

had you seen the reacion of chinese here ,we just think comparision on this topic and in this way is rediculous。
it is just like a joke,and some of indians feel so happy,why? they want to find news to be happy
as you said ,all of the world is interesting in China and India ,right?
do you know how many news about China in Japanese media?
to my surprise,they r working hard to research us. when i look at indian media,i feel good ,why?they know nothing about us,just bad news,and a lot of them r educated,right?
and in this forum,when i show them chinese high-speed bullet train,they r the first time to get it. how funny ,huh? a country that consider China the NO1 threat ,they r so innocent about their enemy.
if you r USA,you have the right to ignore China for a short term
even you r in a company,you should know competitior of your firm,right? if not , your boss will kick your ***,right?

if indians r just happy to hear good news from the west ,they dont know how China make things work,it's good for us

if bad news about China are all they need ,i am happy forever

Thanks aimarraul for refusing to be part of another India-China fight.

I can't understand the attitude of some other posters.

In case someone here does not understand economics (Note: I am not an expert myself, but this is macroeconomics 101).
  • There is not a fixed amount of wealth in the world.
  • If China becomes rich, it does not mean India now has less wealth.
  • If China becomes wealthy,in a free trade scenario it makes India more likely to be rich. Not less.
  • Zero sum games apply only to wars and (some) natural resources. Both rarely are big factors in economic development.
  • "Trust" is the most important attribute to development. It could be through financial mechanisms (SSN,national ID cards, credit reports), social (rules on unions, government regulation, legal environment) etc. Starting a China-India fight actually reduces trust and hurts both countries economies and reduces trade.
  • India and China are on different tracks of development.

India is following the way US developed its economy in the early 1900's. Big business barons leading an internally focused, lassaiz-faire capitalism. China is on a mixture of Asian-tiger like government led development and a large dose of monetary intervention.The development of both countries will last a few more years. Shall we argue about something that is beneficial until then?

this is a respectable attitude
time will show us the face of truth

Recently I saw a TV program, in which China is aggressively following the policy of moving rural population(farmers) to near Industrial towns. Govt construct cheper housing complex outskirts for these people and ask them to move their as they cannot provide water for irrigation for their land. These folks have no choice but to get employed in factories. I dont know, this may be one of the case!? I think migration is happening in India as well but at slower pace. In my opinion farmer should be encouraged to do better farming instead of working in factory. Govt should provide better facility for farming otherwise countries like china and india will have less and less farm hands and expensive farm goods.

good for u
you really teach me that education is limited

look ==== what you said

In my opinion farmer should be encouraged to do better farming instead of working in factory. Govt should provide better facility for farming otherwise countries like china and india will have less and less farm hands and expensive farm goods.

you will keep them poor for a long long long time
let some tell you about econimics

had you seen the reacion of chinese here ,we just think comparision on this topic and in this way is rediculous。

it is just like a joke,and some of indians feel so happy,why? they want to find news to be happy
to my surprise,they r working hard to research us.

when i look at indian media,i feel good ,why?they know nothing about us,just bad news,and a lot of them r educated,right?
and in this forum,when i show them chinese high-speed bullet train,they r the first time to get it. how funny ,huh? a country that consider China the NO1 threat ,they r so innocent about their enemy.

even you r in a company,you should know competitior of your firm,right? if not , your boss will kick your ***,right?

if indians r just happy to hear good news from the west ,they dont know how China make things work,it's good for us

just 'coz you think that the comparision is rediculous doesn't make the whole argument of discussion rediculous . and the world is not about what chinese think about it rather its the other way around what the world think about china and india.. if you dont like somebody comparing INDIA and CHINA you simply dont have to respond.

seems just like SOME OF THE INDIANS you too endure that feeling of ecstacy when china is mentioned for RESEARCH on japanese websites .. media organizations have to be research organizations to get the credibility!!!!... is that the chinese way ?? .. btw just try and get out of that firewall your government has put on the search engines .. may be that would act as an eye opener.

i am sure you have (or have you .....???) gone through some of the leading indian dailies and some of the editorials which regularly publish not on the front pages but you gtta flip some pages .. even when you are reading on the net ... talkin about education, the world ( not sure about the chinese ) believes that it is the second largest english speaking nation in the world.. has around 18 languages in which the education is imparted .. sadly chinese lang is not one of them.. does that make them uneducated????..
seriously i dind't know that india gtta study bullet trains to get to know the enemy .. my my.....is ramming the train part of larger chinese strategy?????

mate, in this world every nation is a competitor to other... in manufacturing it is japanese and chinese, in software and outsourcing it is israel and india .. and yea the world doesn't end with these four countries i just mentioned.. there are other competitiors in other fields aswell. sadly we dont have the advantage of disciplining our labour force with china like wage standards..

As i said on the other thread .. china and india have different models of economy.. india is more western and democratic and china is different.

..... trust me happenings all around the world , whether in a small or a large nation .., affects all of us .. we are all intertwined:agree:

Last edited:
to my surprise,they r working hard to research us. when i look at indian media,i feel good ,why?they know nothing about us,just bad news,and a lot of them r educated,right?

Don't feed the troll, people ..Ignore him.
His english does not make sense...he cannot stick to the topic..doesn't have an idea what he is talking about.

Don't feed the troll, people

India has more billionaries than China,and it has more poor people than CHina

however, according to the great article, india is still far more successful in bridging Urban-Rural divide than China!

congratulations on India!

there is a big difference between two countries' report,we always exhibit our weakness in front of other's strength when china's media do the comparison,on the other side,india always looks like US in their china-india news.i think that's what makes scshqgcm happy.it's the character in our 5000 history,the first time we lost this character ,it cost 50 million lives. i don't think china will ever make that mistake again,back to the topic,this's a thread about india's far more success ,so congrats to india again

Last edited:
B]on the other side,india always looks like US in their china-india news[/B].

can you please elaborate?.. didn't get ya

trust me, indian is much developed than china, anyway,china is still a developing country ! congratulated to indian,'cause indian do everything well than china , indian are all believe they will be NO 1 in the world in the next coming decade ! dont compare to china please, compare to USA pls!!

trust me, indian is much developed than china, anyway,china is still a developing country ! congratulated to indian,'cause indian do everything well than china , indian are all believe they will be NO 1 in the world in the next coming decade ! dont compare to china please, compare to USA pls!!

well we certainly wont mind if they compare one developing and progressive democracy (india) to a developed one ( US) .. the great thing is that atleast the leaders of these two nations (obama and singh) would come out to give details on the jobs lost and the state of the economy . they would have to answer the world media 'coz they are after all answerable to the citizens of their respective country ..how many times have we seen hu jintao coming for the press conference . loss of around 20 million jobs during recession is not a big deal in that country i guess.. i really envy the dragon power ..

but coming back to the thread ... my humble request to all the column writers .. plz stop comparing india and china 'coz the chinese dont like it..

Back
Top Bottom