What's new

India fails to stop EU duty waiver for Pakistan

No problem for India.

Pakistan textile industry already lost thousands of jobs to china with free duties. So how can Pakistan offer cheap products to EU with a bad textile industry?

Yes Pakistani textile industry has lost some part of its market to China and so did India, Srilanka, BD, and every other textile goods producing country. And the reason is the competitiveness and pro industry policies of Chinese Govt. But still Pakistan holds its own in certain textile items and is still competitive with not only China but India and BD also.

P.S I'm a textile exporter from Pakistan. :)

Yes but China etc, already acieved economies of scale, they sell million of items to USA, EU, Pakistan and the world. Can Pakistan recover the brused textile industry and still make it 20% cheaper then China? hmmm

Pakistani textile exports have only increased in last few years despite of devastating effects of electrical and gas load shedding. Here is the link:

The News Tribe » Pakistan

Yes Pakistani textile industry has lost some part of its market to China and so did India, Srilanka, BD, and every other textile goods producing country. And the reason is the competitiveness and pro industry policies of Chinese Govt. But still Pakistan holds its own in certain textile items and is still competitive with not only China but India and BD also.

Pakistan and Pakistan government lost way more then rest of the world to China, as Pakistan is the only one that offers free duties to them.

Other government earns duties on Chinese clothes.

ps. Glad to hear man. :tup:

Since you are a textile exporter from Pakistan, may be you can tell us - China has as big a market for textiles as the EU. So do Pakistani textile exporters get any subsidies while exporting to the Chinese market?

Pakistan and Pakistan government lost way more then rest of the world to China, as Pakistan is the only one that offers free duties to them.

Like I said above, the textile exports have only grown.

Even if what you say is true, it did not have any significant impact at least in textile's exports.

Cheers!

Since you are a textile exporter from Pakistan, may be you can tell us - China has as big a market for textiles as the EU. So do Pakistani textile exporters get any subsidies while exporting to the Chinese market?

Why would Chinese need Pakistani textile goods? They have their industry installed with enough capacity for both domestic demand and exports. Doesn't make sense for them to import from Pakistan.

Yes but China etc, already acieved economies of scale, they sell million of items to USA, EU, Pakistan and the world. Can Pakistan recover the brused textile industry and still make it 20% cheaper then China? hmmm

The infrastructure is already there- Once it was a well established and grooming industry and i am sure it will be again- but not sure when-

Wrong, India happened to be one of the biggest "sucker" on our customers list: Pakistan is not even close.
China's trade surplus widens to $11.4 billion - Times Of India
China%20Trade%20Balance%20by%20Country.jpg

The infrastructure is already there- Once it was a well established and grooming industry and i am sure it will be again- but not sure when-

Two easy steps for reviving textile sector:

1- Lower the interest rates for the industry
2- Exempt the industry from gas and electrical load shedding.

Trust me, the textile industry can revive the economy of this country if given a chance.

in 2005 india open the china silk route into india textile , by offering silk at a price half of the domestic price , by next few years the domestic silk production keep decline , and then now in year 2010-2011 , chinese silk price has been incresed more then twice and are now more then the domestic price but traders are still has to buy chinese silk coz the indian farmers of silk production has shifed to alternatives over the years....

http://www.energy-daily.com/reports/Cheap_Chinese_copies_shrink_Indias_silk_sari_industry_999.html

Badruddin Ansari, one of the few weavers still in business, says that most of his former colleagues now struggle to eke out a living as vegetable sellers, tea stall operators or rickshaw drivers.
"To give just one example, a 55-year-old man I know started weaving at the age of 15," he said. "He quit the handloom three years ago and now works as a manual labourer. There are hundreds of thousands of people like him."
Weavers say that Chinese factories produce huge amounts of silk fabric at a government-subsidised prices and send the finished cloth to India.
More than 60 per cent of the handloom industry has collapsed in Varanasi

http://www.fibre2fashion.com/news/silks-news/newsdetails.aspx?news_id=93889
Chinese raw silk which was available at Rs 1750 per kg in August 2010, which is now available at over Rs 3275 per kg on December 9, up an astounding 87 percent, in a matter of four months.

China is having an FTA with Pakistan on textile goods if I am not very much mistaken.Now FTA works out well,when the industries at both the sides are almost at par,which is not the case with Pakistan and China.So,how does Pakistan benefit from this? Or was this FTA awarded to the Chinese as a gesture of goodwill,at the cost of Pakistani revenue??

eu is hell bent in causing more rift in the subcontinent by these kind of unfair concessions. why should we suffer ?? just push in some more money in the name of aid.

Back
Top Bottom