What's new

India Developing New AESA Radar for LCA Mark-2

the indian AESA will be a downscaled version of the one on the embraer awac platfom. The modules will be the same. From what sources i have, its Something quite revolutionary, for the indian industry to come up with. The transmit receive multi module has 8 TR modules, and we have a patent on that tech. Good part is that we're building it at 25% of the cost on an imported system, and with greater performance characteristics. This baby's gonna be the same size as the elta 2032 on the tejas, and might even have some common components.

8 T/R Module or 800 ??

LCA...LCA LCA....give me a break. Have been reading about it since time immemorial and yet to be inducted. Hopefully I will see a squadron before I pass away.

As Expected: AESA not on First Batch of Tejas MK-2

Sources close to idrw.org have confirmed that development of AESA for Tejas MK-2 is under way with foreign assistance in the program, but sources are hinting that AESA radar might not be ready for integration on first prototype of Tejas MK-2 which will be rolled out by mid of next year and will have it first flight by year end.

HAL plans to put Tejas MK-2 in production by 2016 but New Aesa radar will require more time in integration’s of weapons and separate validation test on each weapons , it is likely that first batch of Tejas MK-2 will come with older MMR radar developed for Tejas MK-1 and it seems IAF is ok with that .

Sources have also informed that AESA radar is still under development stage and will enter Ground based testing stage and then aircraft integration’s with Test bed aircraft so entering in first batch of Tejas MK-2 is highly unlikely .

Aesa not on First Batch of Tejas MK-2? | idrw.org

I don't know why we are getting MK 1 's , may be for survellience purpose ,

if this is so than its better to go for UCAVs..

I don't know why we are getting MK 1 's , may be for survellience purpose ,

if this is so than its better to go for UCAVs..

The general idea that the MK1 is not capable is wrong! The fighter has a low RCS, will have a good radar and BVR capabilities. With HMS and the R73s, it will have good WVR combat capabilities too, just like it already can drop LGBs in CAS roles. So it already can be used in the roles it was meant to be, even if some performance parameters wasn't met so far.

Back
Top Bottom