What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Calcutta Culture, Traffic Freezes for ambulance
traffichalts.jpg

That would be Chennai, TN

Kerala needs Thatcherism, privatisation. Entrepreneurship. Keralites are ingenious, educated and Global, best to channel it to innovation, e-commerce, design, art and culture meshed in with the open sea. Mind over matter.

Sadly, Congress culture meant that the most ingenous cultures of India moved left from right. Andhra, Kashmir, Bengalis specially, but even Tamils show leftist traits of labour unionism etc. These had the germ of industry, education art and culture and were fast developing areas along with Mumbai and Karachi.

:offtopic:

Indian Co.'s are sitting on piles of cash along with peak market caps and Indian, regional and Global listings. IT firms don't know what to do with the money. The mega-corp.'s have giga investment plans. In Congress' dying days choked Indian economy, nevertheless:
  • India slips to 4th place in UNCTAD's FDI destination ranking
Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/37136228.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited:
2- Develop more hotels and more tourism related infrastructure in Kerala. It is good already but if you want to challenge, Mauritius and Maldives, you will need massive build up.

3- Focus on an intense cleanliness drive. In Himachal Pradesh for example, there is a very harsh ban on plastic covers and there are many check points (there is still trash by visiting tourists but it is lesser htan what it could be).

4- Encourage medical tourism for Ayurveda alone which is the gift of your state. To make it special you just need to make people believe in what it truly offers.

5- Use your gift of sea. Give tax breaks to ports and allow more shipping to come in. Expand your water-desalination and purification industry, target net electricity exporter's status. You have all the natural gifts you need.

Technically, Kerala can be a super developed state if it gets away from the clan-mindset of political parties.

for point 2, you need a vibrant night life for that. Kerala society is conservative. Hypocriticially so.

I agree with point 4, Kerala neeeds to market itself with tourists in emerging economies. It currently has 5 million foreign tourists I believe.

It can increase that to 3 more million.

I believe more can b done in the agricultural sector.

@Tshering22 I will addres your points later :-)

I trust our PM but not my fellow Indians who are short sighted and will keep questioning everything without seeing the bigger picture.

Recently there is a hue and cry for the Rail fares to increase. Why? Railways has been running in losses for more than decades. They have been unable to upgrade anything because there is no revenue. Instead, it is saved by continuous handouts by the government treasury thanks to years of dolanomics practised by the erstwhile Nehru Dynasty.

Years of dolanomics has reduced Indians to the point that they think getting freebies is their divine right and that subsidies are going to save them in the long run when India itself is bleeding.

How can we develop without revenues?

Even under the Railway Minister before Laloo Prasad, there was an attempt to raise Rs. 5 railway fares but there was so much political vested interests that it was dropped and that rail minister was fired.

This is the situation of the common Indian; piling degrees up but with zero knowledge about how a system fundamentally functions.

What is the use of voting power if they don't know how their country is running?
True rather than lending a hand in development of railway people here start whining and after some time curse the same govt and railway for not setting up proper infrastructure and facilities. How the heck they are supposed to develop infrastructure without money and furthermore in loss? But good thing this time is most of the population is supporting or are at least not protesting against the decision mainly because of Mr. Modi and trust upon him.

100 %.
  1. A fair hike also prevents Congress-Commie ghettoisation of state assets. Colonial state, public and private assets were to be treated with privilege in the days colonialism. When the stuff, like railways, fell to politicians of a newly freed India, they flung the gates open. For eg. if Gandhi was thrown out of a train in S. Africa, Indian politicians provoked the public to jump the trains. Over 60 yrs., Indians went from jumping the trains to sleeping, living, dying and shitting the entire train system.

2. If Gandhi challanged oppression by making his own slat, some 'public' minded Indians grabbed Colonial Bombay presidency beachfront colonial properties and lands under the guise of 'making salt'. Same for rail land.

3. See the progression of a privilege truing into an entitlement. Today middle class Indians don't think twice to piss on tracks.
    Every special interest group extends it's influence over the nationalised rail system. Entire communities have set up on rail property by politician-goon nexus. The Indians loot of British colonial railways must be one of the sweetest tastes of fredom which in it's 3'rd generation ( loot also) is now going bitter-sweet. as it's gone against India.

4. IR or Indian Railways should have outdone the Indian IT and auto sectors by far. Indian Rail funds should have totally eclipsed Global rail systems. Indian rail technology should have been far more advanced then it's IT, rocket, nuclear or outer space industries. Inversely, even China's leap-frogged India and Delhi metro runs Korean rakes when it should have been exactly the opposite.
Modi needs to reverse some trends to fix India. IR is as good a pick as it gets. 1/2 the problems in India like electricity is re: IR.

India's runs on the frame of the railways. India is rail country. Pak. is Faujj Inc. country.
  • I say, fix IR and you've fixed the economy. And water. IR, water and jobs; next election's in the bag.

Last edited:
xmetro_1968803f.jpg.pagespeed.ic.HN7nsLsziP.jpg

Newly constructed Janpath metro station

janpath3.jpg

janpath5.jpg

janpath1.jpg

NEW DELHI: The much-awaited Mandi House to Central Secretariat Metro section was thrown open to the public on Thursday by Union urban development minister Venkaiah Naidu.

The minister flagged off the first train, operated by a woman driver, on this route from Mandi House Station at 9:30am and then himself took a ride on the train along with Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Managing Director Mangu Singh and other senior officials and media persons.

The metro section will open at noon today for the general public.

The 3.2km-long underground metro section from Central Secretariat to Mandi House is part of the 9.37km long Central Secretariat to Kashmere Gate line, which is an extention of the Badarpur corridor (22km) of Phase two.

This section comprising three stations-Central Secretariat, Janpath and Mandi House-was completed in a span of 36 months within the stipulated cost.

"I feel very proud that DMRC has started the Mandi House to Central Secretariat Metro rail today. I congratulate Delhi Metro authorities, Delhi Governments and all the workers and those who made this work successful.

"This is one of the important steps that DMRC has taken since 2002 for improving lives of the people of the national capital. When the Phase III Delhi Metro, with construction of 140 kms of metro rail is completed, it will significantly change the way we travel in the national capital region," Naidu told reporters at Central Secretariat Metro Station.

The Minister noted that quick and comfortable travel is the essence of urban life. "Metro services combined with other efficient modes of transport will reduce hardship of urban travel. One of the major challenges is management of urbanisation," he said.

This section is an extension of 'Violet line' and is expected to decongest Rajiv Chowk station as commuters of Badarpur-Central Secretariat line bound for Noida, Vaishali and Dwarka will be able to change trains at Mandi House without changing trains twice at Central Secretariat and Rajiv Chowk.

Presently Rajiv Chowk station handles 5 lakh passengers everyday, the minister noted. The ridership in 2016 is expected to be 1,34,879.

Trains on the Mandi House-Central Secretariat section will run at a frequency of 3.25 minutes, he said, adding the new stations Janpath and Mandi House are equipped with token vending machines and add-value cards readers besides other facilities for passengers.

"I have seen that they have depicted historical background of regions at stations so that the new generation can know about the archaeological and historical importance of this region.I commend metro railway for taking this initiative along with Indian Council of Historical Research," he said.

This section will cater to about 70,000 additional commuters everyday.

There will be 13 such interchange stations in Phase III and this phase is going to be completed by March 2016.

"By that time the major portion of Delhi will be connected with metro rail. This is an ambitious programme and I hope DMRC is able to achieve this," he said.

The Union Minister said he has also written to all his colleagues, suggesting they avail metro facility for travelling in the national capital region.

"I have also written a letter to all my colleagues in the cabinet suggesting they avail the facility of metro rail when they come to Delhi from other destinations. They will help reduce pollution and congestion and make their travel comfortable and save time," Naidu said.

He said, "Whenever I come to Delhi I will travel by Metro rail so that I can get first hand information and in my own way contribute to decongesition and reducing pollution."

On increasing metro travel fares, which have been pending for a long time now, the Urban Development Minister said, "I have told DMRC to study project fares and then see whether some revision can take place".

"When the oil cost and other costs are increasing there are two ways - one to pass on to commuters and the other is to generate revenue from other sources like using premises in a more effective manner for commercial purpose like advertisements, ATMs, food court and other facilities to generate additional revenue and income which can take care of increasing cost of maintenance," Naidu said.

In the long term, Metro rail has to be made a viable proposition for which different avenues will have to be explored, he said.

On the issue of land acquisition for Delhi Metro projects in phase three, he said the issues have to be discussed with the Lt Governor.

Land acquisition will be discussed with Delhi authorities, he said.

Delhi Metro's Mandi House-Central Secretariat line opens - The Times of India

New opening: Line 6 (Violet Line), Delhi Metro, DL

Central Secretariat station - interchange station between Violet and Yellow Lines
14510313342_2d0ef1196b_c.jpg

14510060284_ed4c9d2405_c.jpg

14324844458_3829c5c40d_c.jpg

14510606542_53edf70e07_b.jpg

14325274897_03493538bd_c.jpg

14324836959_d2a54ed3f8_c.jpg

14488337426_0ef9b04c1b_b.jpg

The station indicator panel within the trains have been updated...

14488443186_7f1be95437_b.jpg

cc: IU

Janpath Station - Violet Line, New Delhi, DL

Gate#1 - located in front of the Western Court
14508092731_371116bb29_c.jpg

Gate#2 - located on the NW corner of Janpath & Tolstoy Marg

14531618623_20074f01db_c.jpg

14488402016_ee1c77cc3e_c.jpg

Gate#3 - located in front of Jawahar Vyapar Bhavan

14531621203_8850d14326_c.jpg

14488399236_45af16144a_c.jpg

14324842500_8e0dfbb75a_c.jpg

Gate#4 - located in front of the Eastern Court

14511480245_6328d7dab2_c.jpg

14510102104_3b197d9b7c_c.jpg

cc: IU

Mandi House station - the 10th interchange on the DM system, New Delhi, DL[/B]

14508222041_94ba0710d6_c.jpg

14325011618_ba94aabc7a_c.jpg

14325158457_1e432d1748_c.jpg

14325020508_2f74cb9a4e_c.jpg

14325161217_6ac8f8960c_c.jpg

14324965938_53f2047185_c.jpg

A train pulling in from Janpath..

14324952759_f83c3ce30f_c.jpg

14510435972_18643770ab_c.jpg

14324956378_773ecaa67f_c.jpg

a buffer stop/bumper to prevent trains from accidentally entering the u/c Mandi House-ITO section..

14488459926_15b2b04d3a_c.jpg

cc: IU on Skyscrapercity.com

Back
Top Bottom