What's new

India Cuts Iran Oil Imports By 42%

WHAT ?! This is truly a shameful decision ....

How is India supposed to pay for the oil we imports when almost no international bank is ready to deal with Iran... not to mention the volatile situation concerning that country.

How is India supposed to pay for the oil we imports when almost no international bank is ready to deal with Iran... not to mention the volatile situation concerning that country.

then how china is doing it i wonder ?:undecided:

So much for independent foreign policy !

typical hindus

This is the difference between india and china

Chinese Increase Imports of Iranian Oil

Chinese imports of Iranian oil have jumped 11 percent in the first four months of 2013, a significant increase from the same period last year, according to reports.

The spike shows that China is not cutting back its Iranian oil imports despite promises to do so.

The Obama administration provided China with sanctions waivers, meaning that it does not have to comply with U.S. sanctions against Tehran. The waivers were granted in good faith with the assumption that China would drastically cut back its imports of Iranian oil.

Iran has also been accused of engaging in an elaborate smuggling operation that allows it to illegally transport its oil to China under the guise of other nations.

China reportedly imported 400,000 barrels of Iranian oil in the first four months of 2013, according to the Tehran Times.

The spike in oil imports comes as Japan, South Korea, and other Pacific nations cut back their imports.

Iran has exported around 1.38 million barrels of crude oil a day since March, according to the report.

Chinese Increase Imports of Iranian Oil | Washington Free Beacon

india is lap dog of usa

This only proves that the chinese as the sleazeballs that they always are - on one hand taking advantage of the sanctions waiver and on the other hand squeezing the Iranians dry by getting favourable contracts on barter trade with their cr@p pproducts and smuggling done.

As for the topic, its various circumstances as availability of insured tankers, difficulty in making payments etc thats reduced imports.

typical hindus

Whats with your @ss licking the Americans and leaving the Iranians high and dry on the IP pipeline.?

typical hindus

typical dumb mentality...cnt give u blame some countries cant afford good education system :lol:
our foreign minister is a muslim....our pm is sikh
ur post above proves that how much hatered is filled into ur mind against a specific religion!:coffee:

then how china is doing it i wonder ?:undecided:

We're paying money for Iranian oil, and getting Iranian oil. :P

The USA was forced to give us a "wavier" on sanctions anyway, since they knew we weren't going to stop buying Iranian oil, and that any financial sanctions the USA put on us would hurt them more than it would hurt us.

Considering things like this:

Hillary Clinton pleads with China to buy US Treasury bonds - Telegraph

When Hillary Clinton is pleading for us to lend them more money, then how are they supposed to put financial sanctions on us?

In which currency I may ask.

They accept the Chinese Yuan.

We could pay them in any currency though, we do have the largest foreign exchange reserves in the world.

We also do some barter trade if I am not mistaken.

They accept the Chinese Yuan

Any Source.

We could pay them in any currency though, we do have the largest foreign exchange reserves in the world.

We also do some barter trade if I am not mistaken.

So can any other country, the problem is moving such huge amounts of money to Iran as no International banks are cooperating in this matter..its not like the money is delivered to Iran in a container.

Any Source.

Of course.

BBC News - China buying oil from Iran with yuan

So can any other country, the problem is moving such huge amounts of money to Iran as no International banks are cooperating in this matter..its not like the money is delivered to Iran in a container.

Then why use International banks? Why not use your own banks?

I believe that Russian banks have also been used for this purpose before, if you don't want to use domestic banks.

P.S. India has a waiver in any case so none of this is actually a problem.

Of course.

BBC News - China buying oil from Iran with yuan

Then why use International banks? Why not use your own banks?

I believe that Russian banks have also been used for this purpose before, if you don't want to use domestic banks.

P.S. India has a waiver in any case so none of this is actually a problem.

If Iranians accept Yuan and your banks have no problem in transferring the fund, then why are you also slashing oil imports from Iran.
India leads Asian cuts in Iran oil imports ahead of waiver review | Reuters

For all of 2013, China may cut imports another 5-10 percent, and it expects that to be enough to retain a waiver on U.S. sanctions, said trade officials familiar with the import strategy of state refiner Sinopec.

Back
Top Bottom