What's new

India Chooses U.S.-Built Javelin Anti-Tank Missile

MANPAD nag will take alot of time to come..till then u want us to stay without smthng potent??my dear frnd javlin is the right choice i can smell burning ak's lol:smitten::cheers::smokin:
Why should it take 'long time'? We built the more complex version of carrier based and the helicopter based one is on the way. Then what's so difficult in our factories to manufacture MANPADs that we've been making since decades with license from Russians and Italians?

This is all an excuse to kill domestic MANPAD program, dude. GOI is famous for it and it is best that we accept it rather than live in a dream world.

If "Stop-gap" is not implied in sources and The need is described huge, That's mean The domestic program is a history.
I just hope you are wrong and that for once our government has a bit of conscience before killing another wonderful indigenous program.

this cleary means that the Nag ATGW is 'under-performing'.
The chair-man just intitiated a flame war....lol

You just said that out of no where, dont you?, Iam sure you have enough links on Indian army inducting Nag.

I just hope you are wrong and that for once our government has a bit of conscience before killing another wonderful indigenous program.
TShering22 -

Dont worry at all. The indegeneous program will not be stalled because of this.
Nag is already inducted to our forces and its doing well. recent tests have revealed how effective this weapon is.

Why should it take 'long time'? We built the more complex version of carrier based and the helicopter based one is on the way. Then what's so difficult in our factories to manufacture MANPADs that we've been making since decades with license from Russians and Italians?

This is all an excuse to kill domestic MANPAD program, dude. GOI is famous for it and it is best that we accept it rather than live in a dream world.

my dear friend we make complex systems does not mean that we will also make othewr systems..for example a counyrry which ahs produced nuclear sub,fighter jets and tank does not have a desi arty gun??? everythnn takes time..iam not saying that the new MAPAD wont come bt atleast not fr now not anytime soon..had it been we would not been having other wire guided ATGM's in our weaponary...let DRDO develop that and satisfy IA,but till then we need to have the best available with us:cheers:

You are right. What I meant from Fire and Forget with TOW II RF is that now its employment does not require the operator to stay in a static firing position to maintain line of sight until impact, which admittedly is not true fire and forget.

TOW-2A is indeed a 2nd gen ATGM, however the ones in service now with the PA and other armies are TOW 2B and RF ATGMs which are top-attack systems and a niche market play because there really isn't a HAT system in the same class as these. As such comparing the Javelin to TOW is a little misleading because of the difference in the range and weight of warhead which is bigger in the TOW.

For a man portable system, PA is still using RPG-7s which, when they hit are fine, when not then you duck and reload. :-)

PA does need a better man portable ATGM system but then the cost of an RPG round or 10 is cheaper than one Javelin (albeit the latter has more accuracy and bigger warhead).

Thanks for the good reply.

My points...

1) I think Pakistan only has TOW-2A and TOW-2A RF not TOW-2B.

2) Yes the operator need not to be static but still they stay in front of the enemy to guide the ATGM towards target, which could be dangerous. While FAF principle allows you to fire and get out of the scene.

3) I don't think RPG is very much effective against modern heavy armored tanks.

this cleary means that the Nag ATGW is 'under-performing'.

You are again comparing two different systems.

1) Nag is carrier mounted heavy ATGM while Javelin is a man portable lite.

2) Nag has a range of 4 km while Javelin has 2.5 km.

I really wanted to reply to criticism , but as usual I simply ignore .....

few months old post speak for themselves

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...g-missile-enters-final-trials.html#post713544

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/61741-nag-hits-moving-target-3-2-seconds.html

Btw , kinetic
This IR seeker of NAG, last heard had 2d FPA .

http://drdo.res.in:8080/alpha/pub/techfocus/oct05/guidance.htm

Any news regarding 3d one , and what is diff from Accuracy POV .
As Mauryan told mWW is also in testing , with spin of from Brahmos seeker . And will be tested later this year
He does happen to be closer to Dr V.K Saraswat ( so his timeline would be perfectly reliable ) .

Back
Top Bottom